What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.2 v Eels

maple_69

Bench
The positive part of shitting the bed on Friday is that everyone seems to have written us off pretty quickly. Considering our outs are realistically Critta and Leniu, and May was the best on park by a distance, there’s really no reason to think we’ll be much different to last years levels when we get going. Cleary has become very good at getting this side playing to the right level at the right time. I think all we need to do is get through this first month with a couple wins and then we can cruise through some easy matchups while getting our game together. Even the best sides lose 7/10 times to that performance on Friday, they can rarely keep it together for 80 minutes of pressure.

PennyPanthers81

Juniors
Games against Parramatta scare me no end. The history of so many dreadful losses. Just like nightmare on Elm street.

Please can we have Scotty too hotty injury free, and Kenny back.

Parramatta even in recent years, have the game plan to beat Penrith at their top. Never mind when the club, players and coach are attempting to work out the new combinations.
Kenny will be back. Only got one week.

Panther Mike

Juniors
It’s true that the Eels have done well against us in regular season games but they usually beat us when we have the minor premiership wrapped up or have won a lot of games in a row. The exception was early last season but even then they only beat us in Golden Point. I’ll be disappointed if I don’t see a strong reaction from the whole Penrith team as well as the coach in Round 2.

John Hamblin

Juniors
I expect the game to be close . Gutho and Mitch didn't finish the game to well and their fitness might be an issue. Harper Simonsson and Russell don't fill me with fear. Win the forward battle and the rest will take care of itself.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Games against Parramatta scare me no end. The history of so many dreadful losses. Just like nightmare on Elm street.

Please can we have Scotty too hotty injury free, and Kenny back.

Parramatta even in recent years, have the game plan to beat Penrith at their top. Never mind when the club, players and coach are attempting to work out the new combinations.
It’s true that the Eels have done well against us in regular season games but they usually beat us when we have the minor premiership wrapped up or have won a lot of games in a row. The exception was early last season but even then they only beat us in Golden Point. I’ll be disappointed if I don’t see a strong reaction from the whole Penrith team as well as the coach in Round 2.

I hope it's a better reaction. I don't think Ivan was real happy with the players or the officiating.

TBH I'm always but always terrified when playing Parramatta. I have far too many deep seated scares, for me not to be.......

Just hope we look better, score some bloody points, whilst retaining the good defence. (PS I don't want much do I)

slimed demi lovato GIF by Kids' Choice Awards 2018

Sime_11

Juniors
we can afford to lose this game - not the end of the world if we do - but i expect us to be firing after not scoring a point.

Parra's offload game is their advantage - we stop that and Parra dont have alot to offer.

if we can control possession and not give them a sniff- we'll get the 2 points

will be an uncomfortable watch thats for sure

soc123_au

Staff member
Still worn out from what he did to the Broncos and Australian packs at the end of last year.

Edit: Shit, wrong Moses. But still the same reason for Leota looking a bit off the pace.
Ha ha, yeah I meant the Parra version. He looked in a bit of discomfort for most of the Dogs game.

MugaB

Coach
Any word on Moses's groin?

Asking for @wittyfan
Yes he has one shrunken testicle and the other inflates when playing anyone whos below the top8, all in all a small package... nothing to worry about

Except..... Ivan like to tinker with our roster early, im fairly sure the teams he has been picking lately is just to give some 1st game time to our back ups, coz come round 4 or 5 it'll just be the top picks playing regularly all the way (unless injury or origin)

i mean how we lost that game against Melbourne, without any impact forward or a utility like laurie is beyond me, as much i didn't think soni luke would see 1st grade again, seeing him styful the opposition on the first few touches, i saw hope, then after the disallowed try, i gave up purely coz it seems the first few rounds are regarded as trials for ivan, and im sick of the losing when i know he just grading the players

Original Name

Juniors
My biggest take away long term from game 1 is Ivan needs someone better on an edge than Lindsay Smith in case of injury. We saw what Erza did to him last year when Martin and Cleary got caught at marker and Erza saw him on an edge and dusted him. He's a target that you can expose there and it'll happen if we get an injury and keep using him there. I was working so only watched bits and pieces but I assume there was some sort of reason Peachey didn't shift to second row?
Any word on Moses's groin?

Asking for @wittyfan
Minor he'd be doing limited kicking and limit his side to side movement so no stepping for fear of aggravation. Unless he dummies and runs straight we can discount him as a run threat because he'll won't be stepping people.

The yak

Juniors
My biggest take away long term from game 1 is Ivan needs someone better on an edge than Lindsay Smith in case of injury. We saw what Erza did to him last year when Martin and Cleary got caught at marker and Erza saw him on an edge and dusted him. He's a target that you can expose there and it'll happen if we get an injury and keep using him there. I was working so only watched bits and pieces but I assume there was some sort of reason Peachey didn't shift to second row?

Minor he'd be doing limited kicking and limit his side to side movement so no stepping for fear of aggravation. Unless he dummies and runs straight we can discount him as a run threat because he'll won't be stepping people.

Peach didn't play. Luke came in for him.
Agree with your point on Smith.