What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.2 v Eels

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Yeah he's not up to it. Even you should be able to admit it by now, man up and fall on your sword
And what sword is that exactly? The big shit storm you and a few others started? I don’t think so.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. Kenny is easily our best hooker and should be playing as long as he can.

I don’t care who plays 14, as long as they are a hooker. So Soni or Summo, I don’t really care.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
And what sword is that exactly? The big shit storm you and a few others started? I don’t think so.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. Kenny is easily our best hooker and should be playing as long as he can.

I don’t care who plays 14, as long as they are a hooker. So Soni or Summo, I don’t really care.
Ohhh you're getting closer!

mxlegend99

Referee
Wow what an effort from Moses playing nearly 80mins injured

Cleary would get stretched of with a broken finger nail
Cleary has 2x Clive Churchill medals won in games he was injured.

f**ked shoulder that required surger in 2021. He played 70 minutes of origin the night he busted it too. But he won a grand final eith one arm and was man of thd match.

f**ked knee from a Payne Haas hip drop requiring surgery. Hecplayed 70 minutes injured snd put in an sll time display to make Panthers 3 in a row champs.

Congratulations to Moses on being injured and just hanging around while his teammates beat a bottom 4 side though

Iamback

Coach

So why does the 14 need to be a hooker IF Kenny is playing close to 80 mins?

MugaB

Coach
So why does the 14 need to be a hooker IF Kenny is playing close to 80 mins?
Should've been Schnieder or Lauire, would be much better served with one of them there, soni doesn't exactly cover any other position, and before posters bring up garner, whats the point having a cover off the bench if you have to shift other positions to accommodate them, slot laurie into any backline or in at hooker

chrisD

Coach
Don't really like the selected team. Storm plodders constantly pushed over the advantage line while Henry and Smith were on. It'll be better with Kenny back, and I guess they'll have a chance to improve.

Sorro is a better defender but on the whole of it I'd prefer Garner's line running on the edge and Sorro to stiffen up the middle. Sorro is willing and reliable but doesn't offer almost any ball running threat on the edge.

I don't really like Luke but we do need a second player that can cover dummy half and I don't know that there's a better option, not fussed on that one.

We have the best 13 first graders of any team, 2 solid first graders to come off the bench and we're going to have to carry 2 scrubs. The salary cap has worked as intended.

Iamback

Coach
Should've been Schnieder or Lauire, would be much better served with one of them there, soni doesn't exactly cover any other position, and before posters bring up garner, whats the point having a cover off the bench if you have to shift other positions to accommodate them, slot laurie into any backline or in at hooker

Exactly. You get your hooker cover and more positions. You could at a pinch play them in a roaming position attacking tired defenders

I can understand poor selections, but how on earth are a team who have been to 4 straight GF’s not prepared. It should be an auto pilot situation by now. Similar to last year.
They need to get up every week; 💯 can’t do it on autopilot because their opposition won’t be.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Trouble is Soni actively hurts our attack to the point where we'd be better off giving Laurie/Schneider/Cole time at hooker anyways. Hell even players like Fish give better service, that's how bad he is.

Iamback

Coach
Trouble is Soni actively hurts our attack to the point where we'd be better off giving Laurie/Schneider/Cole time at hooker anyways. Hell even players like Fish give better service, that's how bad he is.

Usually if someone like that covers hooker they just pass and do the basics

Luke Bowden

First Grade
So why not have more positions covered in that role?
The players you’ve mentioned can’t play long minutes in the middle.

Hooker is the hardest position to learn and cover.

Maybe later in the season we might get away with it, but definitely not yet.

chrisD

Coach
I don't know about Schneider but I wouldn't trust Laurie defending in the middle, you'd have to shuffle the defensive line if he were needed to cover hooker and that's just nah. And Luke is injury cover for the halves too, maybe centre.

Latest posts