What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 24: Parramatta Eels v Manly at Pirtek Stadium 7.45pm 22/8/14

The Colonel

Immortal
Beating Manly has always been the ultimate for mine.... Growing up in the seventies and eighties made it that way. Last night was gold. Pure gold.

Particularly when we had that first try disallowed. They grew another arm and leg. Edwards was massive. Sandow loved every minute of the second half. DeGois finally showed what he is capable of. And Hayne was in everything.

Loved it.

In that case we maximise revenue without the crowd figure being of any importance. It's like cutting out the middle man.
Exactly, we don't need players or coaching staff or administrators or stadiums or leagues clubs, we just use cyberspace and cgi and have everyone paying to watch their Truman Show clubs performing NRL battles as often as the addiction demands its fix. Lots of $$$$ saved.

I have seen the crowds at Perth with the Souths games, they're enormous. It's an outrage they don't have their own team in the NRL in WA though... They're just crying out for a team really with those crowd numbers.

I'm guessing their is a bit of coin in playing in Cairns too.
NRL needs to make up a new team/organisation called "The Islanders" or "Island Raiders" made up of Fiji, Cook, Samoa, Tonga, New Guinea, etc, natives, plus whoever they buy each season to supplement their stock. Each island gets an equal share of the home game distribution each season + 1/7th of the lucrative dividends from the 7 ACT licensed piss up clubs. As a token gesture of good-will and in remembrance of Ricky Stuart completely destroying the ACT fan base, one game is played in the ACT per year in memory of this historic event = "The Ricky Dicky Cup". Considering there is 7 licensed ACT clubs and being a Federal/Common-Wealth/ACT Initiative, splitting up the ACT wealth is complicated requiring experts overseeing this operation. Suggest we bring in Ray Spags and his awesome 3P crew and Stephen Kearney as coach with Paul Langmack and Ricky Stuart as his assistants.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Had two Manly fans at my house last night and they were in a great mood for about 45 minutes.

Both had left before full time :lol:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
im still kicking myself i didn't take the sportsbet offer of $8 for a parra 40/20 i was tempted but i thought the manly wingers would be awake to sandow

Working off a big blind side there's not much the winger can do. If he drops back he leaves his inside men facing an overlap with space.

Pugzley

Well done, Parra!!!

tumblr_m1xj6lGQcG1qi0mi7o1_400.gif

I only won the $80 in the first place by backing the Dogs last week. I'll also be backing Newcastle next week. They should be paying about three bucks.

As always, I really hope I lose.

Just back Parra if they're a good price and stop ensuring that any win is bittersweet, however mild. It's better to have loved and lost...

And I'd want better than $3 considering tonight's performance.

When was the last time Hayne did a no look cutout pass

In essence, this is the basis of my statements stating HaHa isn't as good as everyone makes him out to be.

This year he has basically just run. Now, that's cool, and he's awesome at it, but the "complete footballer" that everyone wanks on about hasn't been on show this year.

Sure, that's because Peats/de Gois, Norman and Sandow are offering great team options that mean he doesn't have to do it all, but still it doesn't seem to have been on show at all.

A short side cut out to the winger would be nice in the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately, it seems that whenever HaHa gets his hands on the ball now he decides to try and go himself. The fact he is getting shut down a lot recently indicates it isn't working, but on a positive note it now opens up that opportunity to start using the pass and adding more options to our plays.

Parra

Referee
Let's hope Corey Norman never tries another no look cutout pass. Try bombed right there.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just back Parra if they're a good price and stop ensuring that any win is bittersweet, however mild.

I never bet enough on the opposition that a Parra win is bittersweet. I look at it like I paid for the Eels to win.

I learnt my lesson when I backed the Roosters to beat us in 2004. The Chooks were only paying $1.16 so I had $300 on them (to win less than fifty bucks). The Eels won and I couldn't enjoy it because I was pissed off about the money.

So now when I bet against the Eels I make sure of two things:

1. I'm happy to lose the money
2. The game is meaningful in the context of the season

That game against the Roosters in 2004 wasn't meaningful because it was in round 18 and the win just meant we were slightly less shit. It wasn't going to significantly boost our finals chances. I had confused my hatred of the Roosters with the game holding any true meaning for us. We still missed the finals (by two wins and 50 points) and the f**ken Chooks were still minor premiers when they smashed us a month later.

I LOVED losing $80 last night, just as I'm going to love losing $30 when we smash the Knights next week. If it turns out we need to beat the Raiders to make the eight then I'll love losing money on them too. Luckily they will be paying about five bucks for the win, so I won't need to bet too much to insure my satisfaction.

Kornstar

Coach
In essence, this is the basis of my statements stating HaHa isn't as good as everyone makes him out to be.

This year he has basically just run. Now, that's cool, and he's awesome at it, but the "complete footballer" that everyone wanks on about hasn't been on show this year.

Sure, that's because Peats/de Gois, Norman and Sandow are offering great team options that mean he doesn't have to do it all, but still it doesn't seem to have been on show at all.

A short side cut out to the winger would be nice in the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately, it seems that whenever HaHa gets his hands on the ball now he decides to try and go himself. The fact he is getting shut down a lot recently indicates it isn't working, but on a positive note it now opens up that opportunity to start using the pass and adding more options to our plays.

Yeah, he is shut down heaps, is it 10 tries in the last 6 games or something?

hindy111

Post Whore
I only won the $80 in the first place by backing the Dogs last week. I'll also be backing Newcastle next week. They should be paying about three bucks.

As always, I really hope I lose.

knights where $1.85 before this weekend. Id say you be lucky to get more than $2.75

Kornstar

Coach
I never bet enough on the opposition that a Parra win is bittersweet. I look at it like I paid for the Eels to win.

I learnt my lesson when I backed the Roosters to beat us in 2004. The Chooks were only paying $1.16 so I had $300 on them (to win less than fifty bucks). The Eels won and I couldn't enjoy it because I was pissed off about the money.

So now when I bet against the Eels I make sure of two things:

1. I'm happy to lose the money
2. The game is meaningful in the context of the season

That game against the Roosters in 2004 wasn't meaningful because it was in round 18 and the win just meant we were slightly less shit. It wasn't going to significantly boost our finals chances. I had confused my hatred of the Roosters with the game holding any true meaning for us. We still missed the finals (by two wins and 50 points) and the f**ken Chooks were still minor premiers when they smashed us a month later.

I LOVED losing $80 last night, just as I'm going to love losing $30 when we smash the Knights next week. If it turns out we need to beat the Raiders to make the eight then I'll love losing money on them too. Luckily they will be paying about five bucks for the win, so I won't need to bet too much to insure my satisfaction.

If the Raiders are paying $5, i will put $500 on them to win. That way the 2k if we lose will make me feel slightly better OR the Eels win and i am f**king stoked and it is worth every cent.

I don't gamble, i have never bet on anything in my life and usually have no luck, so i think if i put the $500 on, there is no chance i can win!

hindy111

Post Whore
Would of been better to back cowboys into warriors this weekend and get odds off 6.50. We need one of them to lose. There is the last rnd where you can than go NZ into cowbys.Should be close to 4/1.

Latest posts