What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.27 v GC

Kilkenny

Coach
It was a rather disappointing way to end the season, we certainly didn’t make any sort of statement that would suggest we are a serious threat to the Storm who clearly are the team to beat.

I thought we were reasonably good defensively but we were up against an vastly under strength bottom four side with not a lot to play for.

Again Toelau was not used and I said to the wife during the second half I thought we could have done with his spark out of dummy half but Ivan thought otherwise I guess.

It was just flat, underwhelming, once we got inside there 20 metre area we rarely looked like creating or scoring which was disappointing because at times they were out on there feet.

I thought both wingers, Yeo, Smith, Henry and Garner all played well but it was just not the sort of performance to inspire any confidence going into the finals.

Fangs

Coach
We have play to our potential maybe once this season. It's fact

It's 3 games to the premiership. 4 games maximum.

Keep your powder dry. Save your best for last. The proof is in the pudding etc whatever.

Kenny kicked from dummy half tonight. Was hoping he'd hold that for next week when Teddy runs sideline to sideline looking like a rag doll.

Nathan Cleary hasn't shown much this year in his limited outings. We aren't firing 6 cylinders yet. Signs are there though.

Kilkenny

Coach
Have you looked at the table. We are second FFS.

Look, I appreciate you have an axe to grind. But you sound either entitled, ignorant or both…
The issue this year is the sense of entitlement.

There has been this continued notion it is ours to lose, we have the best team, best squad when in reality this current side is perhaps not quite as good as those in past seasons.

I have suggested on more than one occasion I think we have done extraordinary well given all the adversity.

We are in with a chance, home final, if we are able to lift and beat the Roosters we will be one game away from another potential grand final.

Iamback

Coach
The issue this year is the sense of entitlement.

There has been this continued notion it is ours to lose, we have the best team, best squad when in reality this current side is perhaps not quite as good as those in past seasons.

I have suggested on more than one occasion I think we have done extraordinary well given all the adversity.

We are in with a chance, home final, if we are able to lift and beat the Roosters we will be one game away from another potential grand final.

Again I say who has more rep players then us

Tonight we only missed Cleary out of our top 17 we had

Edwards Origin, Test player CC medalist

To'o Origin test player - best winger in the game possibly best to ever play the game

Luai just won an Origin series. Won 3 in total

Fish is the current golden boot winner

Martin Origin and Test player

Yeo as well

Moses starting kiwi prop

of the rest of the side.

6 others have won comps. Some multiple.

We have a great squad on paper who aren't performing to their own high standards, That is where the expections come from

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Again I say who has more rep players then us

Tonight we only missed Cleary out of our top 17 we had

Edwards Origin, Test player CC medalist

To'o Origin test player - best winger in the game possibly best to ever play the game

Luai just won an Origin series. Won 3 in total

Fish is the current golden boot winner

Martin Origin and Test player

Yeo as well

Moses starting kiwi prop

of the rest of the side.

6 others have won comps. Some multiple.

We have a great squad on paper who aren't performing to their own high standards, That is where the expections come from
You don’t win such a tough competition on paper.

Past performances or rep performers mean nothing it’s all about being in form, fit, healthy it’s not that hard to understand.

snickers007

Juniors
I'm probably going to sound like a broken record, but our attention to detail and our critical decisions making is way below where it has been in recent years.

Tonight alone we saw:
- 2 easy penalty goals turned down in the first half. One the back of one we dropped it cold on tackle 3. The other we lasted the set, but didn't threaten at all.
- Schneider grubber for himself on tackle 2 while we're camped on their line, with 45sec remaining in the first half. While we managed to get a drop out (and got possession back) the Titans wasted 30sec off the clock taking the dropout
- Dylan Edwards fighting and clawing to get back to the field of play, losing the ball and almost cost us a try. Just ground the ball, kick the dropout long and smash them in defence.
- 90sec remaining, leading by 6, we decide to spread it wide on tackle 1, and cough it up, giving them great field possession to potentially tie it up.

There are probably way more examples that I missed standing on the hill, but the point is we're playing dumb, impatient football. And we've played dumb, impatient football all season.

I get it, defence and discipline is boring, but I'll take boring 99/100 over the shit were serving up now.

hindy111

Post Whore
The attack is not there. Parra finished the year scoring more tries then Penrith. That says something.
Hopefully with Nathan back they click. I'd still be auprised if they beat the Storm

hindy111

Post Whore
If use are wanting to Punt Tago I'd do it this off season. Is he really on 700k? You're going to need to chip in but someone will offer good money still.
Another poor season and they won't

Iamback

Coach
You don’t win such a tough competition on paper.

Past performances or rep performers mean nothing it’s all about being in form, fit, healthy it’s not that hard to understand.

So what does not being in form have to do with lowering the team expectation?

Iamback

Coach
I'm probably going to sound like a broken record, but our attention to detail and our critical decisions making is way below where it has been in recent years.

Tonight alone we saw:
- 2 easy penalty goals turned down in the first half. One the back of one we dropped it cold on tackle 3. The other we lasted the set, but didn't threaten at all.
- Schneider grubber for himself on tackle 2 while we're camped on their line, with 45sec remaining in the first half. While we managed to get a drop out (and got possession back) the Titans wasted 30sec off the clock taking the dropout
- Dylan Edwards fighting and clawing to get back to the field of play, losing the ball and almost cost us a try. Just ground the ball, kick the dropout long and smash them in defence.
- 90sec remaining, leading by 6, we decide to spread it wide on tackle 1, and cough it up, giving them great field possession to potentially tie it up.

There are probably way more examples that I missed standing on the hill, but the point is we're playing dumb, impatient football. And we've played dumb, impatient football all season.

I get it, defence and discipline is boring, but I'll take boring 99/100 over the shit were serving up now.

I am one that want to see expansive footy over just boring.

I have no issue if we have 15 errors throwing offloads attacking the line.

Those examples you used are different

WestyLife

First Grade
Luai was MIA 80 mins, Kenny and Edwards well below their best. Too much falling on Schneider which shouldn’t be.

Chins and now you saying Schneider being blamed for the team performance. He's not being blamed for anything he's just being called what he is. A reserve grade halfback who should never see first grade here.

Alintheeast

Juniors
I often wonder how come 20,000 Penrith fans turn up for matches and maybe only 20 people contribute to this forum and then it becomes apparent. Maybe those 20k like winning.

Iamback

Coach
Chins and now you saying Schneider being blamed for the team performance. He's not being blamed for anything he's just being called what he is. A reserve grade halfback who should never see first grade here.

Yep he doesn't take the blame for the garbage Martin dished up.

There were a couple of times we spread it and had half chances and come to him and he was too slow to react.

The kick that Snickers mentioned too. Several cases seperate to the side being poor that come to Schneider not being very good