What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 8: Live Game Day Thread - Eels v Tigers Sunday 29 April

Djay

Juniors
Above all else I liked the way we won, we were in it up to our eye balls today and stuck solid throughout and won the arm wrestle and that was pleasing.

Some super soft tries were infuriating to watch, just bad reads and lazy missed tackles, our defence looked a lot better today outside of the Eisenhuth and Thompson tries but seeing that shows me we still have loads of work to do there, we are far from being where we want to be in that aspect. We did turn them away a few times but some areas need to be addressed defensively.

I think our attack looked better today then it has we looked a lot smoother and played with some confidence, it's not exactly where it needs to be but it's improving.

I was just happy with getting the win cause I feel that's a game that could end your season especially with how we have been travelling. Was good to see us win a tight one and wrestle it back in our favour.

Pritchard, Mau'u, G. Jennings and Moses were all really good.

We have done well to battle back from adversity, next week is a massive test we never win in Cronulla and that will really test us again, will be interesting to see where we are at.

Gronk

Staff member
Above all else I liked the way we won, we were in it up to our eye balls today and stuck solid throughout and won the arm wrestle and that was pleasing.

Some super soft tries were infuriating to watch, just bad reads and lazy missed tackles, our defence looked a lot better today outside of the Eisenhuth and Thompson tries but seeing that shows me we still have loads of work to do there, we are far from being where we want to be in that aspect. We did turn them away a few times but some areas need to be addressed defensively.

I think our attack looked better today then it has we looked a lot smoother and played with some confidence, it's not exactly where it needs to be but it's improving.

I was just happy with getting the win cause I feel that's a game that could end your season especially with how we have been travelling. Was good to see us win a tight one and wrestle it back in our favour.

Pritchard, Mau'u, G. Jennings and Moses were all really good.

We have done well to battle back from adversity, next week is a massive test we never win in Cronulla and that will really test us again, will be interesting to see where we are at.

Also the ref blitz from the earlier rounds has wained. The game was allowed to flow and possession was evenish.

I have not looked at the stats, but I reckon the refs are awarding half the number of penalties this round than they did in Rnd 123.

eel01s

Bench
Well we weren't pinged by the ref every few minutes like in the earlier games.

There is still a worrying lack of go forward. Many times we were really struggling to get out of our 20.

The positives were that we never gave up. I really liked the aggression from Mau and Pritchard and the finesse of Moses and Norman. Props to George Jennings as well, he has really stood up.

On that try to Marshall, I still can't believe it was awarded. He deadset lost control of the ball.

Gronk

Staff member
Well we weren't pinged by the ref every few minutes like in the earlier games.

There is still a worrying lack of go forward. Many times we were really struggling to get out of our 20.

The positives were that we never gave up. I really liked the aggression from Mau and Pritchard and the finesse of Moses and Norman. Props to George Jennings as well, he has really stood up.

On that try to Marshall, I still can't believe it was awarded. He deadset lost control of the ball.
Just on our go forward, the Tigers are very good defensively and remember have shut down and beaten Storm twice this year already not to mention their other big scalps.

I think we showed that we are following a game plan and have adopted BAs patience mantra.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
just 4 points out of the top 8

we got dis

It's madness considering how poor we have been, that if we win again this week, we will probably only be 2 points from top 8 and only 4 points from 5th (and maybe even 4th).

Massive game this week, if we win we could go on a good run. The following two weeks we have dogs /warrriors at home and broncos away, Knights home, Cowboys in Darwin then Souths home. All very winnable games!!

beagle

Juniors
Sorry if I am slow - but why did we wear the alternate jumpers yesterday??

The Tigers wore a dark jersey and knowing the NRL, they might have seen our blue home jersey as a clash. It didn't make sense to wear the yellow away jersey at a home game, so the heritage jersey it was.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What has that got to do with our heritage jersey? We were not wearing Anzac jerseys.

ok, I thought they were supposed to be Anzac commemorative after the pre game anzac ceremonies, although I never really had a close look

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Tigers wore a dark jersey and knowing the NRL, they might have seen our blue home jersey as a clash. It didn't make sense to wear the yellow away jersey at a home game, so the heritage jersey it was.
Should be our permanent strip. Looks awesome.

Latest posts