What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd1 2024: 530pm Parra v Dogs GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium (sold out) March 9th

Chipmunk

Coach
The Dogs were gallant to be honest given the circumstances of how the game went.

The few chances we gave the Dogs, we ended up folding pretty easily. To be honest the Dogs embarrassed us by how easy they scored their tries with few opportunities, and the many chances we had and failed to deliver too many times.

Outside of that we had plenty of possession and field possession, but with Moses hampered we offered sweet f**k all really.

Even with that the Dogs shouldn't have got anywhere near us.

A win is a win in Round 1...time to take the 2 points and move on.

Moses injury is going to be a concern going forward. We've clearly got f**k all without him and unless we get the same sort of possession and field position as we did in this game, then we'll struggle.

Forwards minutes played:

80min - Lane
68min - Cartwright
63min - Lussick
52min - Hopgood
49min - Campbell-Gillard
48min - Tuilagi... a decent amount of minutes on Eels debut
45min - Paulo
33min - Matterson... maybe more minutes next week?
32min- Ofahengaue
18min - Hands
N/A - Greig (injured)

Last edited:

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
What I've taken out of this game,,,,,, we are lucky we played the potential wooden spooners. We play a potential to 8 side today, we get smashed. Our defence and attack are not top 8 stuff. We are shit. We should win by 50 tonight if we were the real deal.

I put it down to coaching, as we have a pretty decent team on paper. We will get shellacked next week by panthers.

DaveMc

Juniors
I thought during the game that Canterbury’s pack really seems to lack some size, which is basically the opposite issue to which they had last year, when they were big and lacked mobility. It’ll be a long year for them if they run with that spine, Taaffe and Hutchison are not first grade standard. And Reed remains a human pinball, the guy must hit and not stick to about 20 tackles a match.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I thought during the game that Canterbury’s pack really seems to lack some size, which is basically the opposite issue to which they had last year, when they were big and lacked mobility. It’ll be a long year for them if they run with that spine, Taaffe and Hutchison are not first grade standard. And Reed remains a human pinball, the guy must hit and not stick to about 20 tackles a match.
Dogs are the worst assembled team I have ever seen. Superstars in positions but negated by absolute duds in positions that are needed to cater for the superstars....

Latest posts