What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd1 2024: 530pm Parra v Dogs GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium (sold out) March 9th

lucablight

First Grade
A lack of genuine strike power from 2-5. Penisini is a good player, but unlikely to bust a game open. Russell is coming along. Other than that it’s average. And no depth
Who did the Cowboys have in their 2-5 to bust a game wide open in 2015? They still managed to win.

JokerEel

Coach
Ok watched the replay again and still can't figure out what the hell it was for..

The wanker on 2gb one of the Morris twins said he will be in trouble because JAC got I hired it some shit like that .

Chipmunk

Coach
Ok watched the replay again and still can't figure out what the hell it was for..

The wanker on 2gb one of the Morris twins said he will be in trouble because JAC got I hired it some shit like that .
The Cartwright hit on JAC wasn't even a penalty...unless the rules have changed and forwards aren't allowed to tackle backs too hard, then the decision was ridiculous.

Parra Pride

Referee
Kikau 40 run meters 🤣 what the hell is that shit
He's a cat when defence aims up on him, also Moses has had his number since he was at Penrith. Will never forget the f**king finals game where Moses belted him all night, came off injured and as soon as Jake Arthur was put in front of him Penrith tore us apart.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Gee I dont think Ive seen a good Round 1 performance for a long time, everyone in that 17 played well and did their job, especially Cartwright, Paulo and Gutho. The defense was great, kept the Dogs out of the game with the big hits and offloads. That's the key for the Eels this year, offloads will hurt other teams and the big forwards up the middle and out wide.

T.S Quint

Coach
What was Carty put on report for??

From what I could tell the ref said it was a shoulder charge.
Which it wasn’t. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the tackle and whoever was I. The bunker and told the ref to put it on report and penalise the Eels should be stood down for such an awful decision.

From one angle it looked like it may have been possible it was a shoulder charge, but the other angle showed it wasn’t close to one. Seems the bunker looked at one replay and gave their verdict.

JokerEel

Coach
From what I could tell the ref said it was a shoulder charge.
Which it wasn’t. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the tackle and whoever was I. The bunker and told the ref to put it on report and penalise the Eels should be stood down for such an awful decision.

From one angle it looked like it may have been possible it was a shoulder charge, but the other angle showed it wasn’t close to one. Seems the bunker looked at one replay and gave their verdict.

Foxtel had a replay of the head on of the tackle it wasn't high it wasn't a shoulder charge.
I agree who ever was in the bunker needs to be rested on such a bad call.

T.S Quint

Coach
What a day!
Sunshine (although a bit too hot), some beers and footy at Parramatta Stadium. And a win against the scum to top it all off. Couldn’t be happier right now.

Got new seats this year. Been sitting up high in the Cronin Stand for years, but was a bit expensive there this year for our group, so we went for GA tickets. It’s so different watching the game from behind the posts. You get a whole new perspective. Still a great view but…what an awesome stadium we have.

I was so glad to see our completion rate up so high. Apart from those two blunders toward the end of the game from Penisini and Hopgood, I don’t remember any other unforced errors. Seems we clocked off a bit at that stage and lost concentration, letting in those two tries as well. I hope we can sort that out in the future.

T.S Quint

Coach
Foxtel had a replay of the head on of the tackle it wasn't high it wasn't a shoulder charge.
I agree who ever was in the bunker needs to be rested on such a bad call.

If the ref on the field called it I could probably understand. From his angle it might have looked like a bad tackle.
But for the bunker with all the angles and replays they can see it is unforgivable.

They just said “Well he’s hurt so there must be something wrong with that”

eel01s

Bench
Pretty good hit out for round 1. Wasn't perfect but didn't need to be.
It was disappointing to see the Dogs score two soft tries, however I think the issue in both cases was our defensive line moved up but then became flat footed. In that moment, the dogs went around us.

BA will hopefully address that in training and I expect a better performance next week.

Overall, we controlled the game really well. Would be nice to see some set moves from a scrum this season.

Latest posts