What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd11: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 20/5/22

Soto

Bench
I watch almost all Parra games on delay and that way I fast forward most of our sh*t play or losing games, I zip right through them the quickest, that way I save my stress levels and heart from exploding and overall sanity and less yelling at the tele. I'm just getting to old and tired of this same old crap. Last night was no exception. But I saw enough of last nights game to come to a similar conclusion as the post above.

We need to sack this coach now if we want to salvage our season and team from being a bottom 8 also ran next season. But of course we won't. I would bring in Flanagan as interim coach and see what he could do. We aren't winning anything this year fellas, so why not take a wild Hail Mary swing at it?
I think Flanagan is already a done deal at the dogs for next year. Gould is at his usual full of sh%t best. He's done so much back tracking, ducking and weaving this week I'm expecting to see his name on the ballot papers this morning when I go to vote...

lucablight

First Grade
I think we needed to win that for our own self belief. It would have been a really bad loss if we couldn’t beat a 12 man Manly side with no Turbo at home. We had to get the job done and I’m glad we did. I think the turning point was the Manly player outleaping Perham and dropping the ball in the in goal. I suspect that would have made the lead insurmountable in those wet conditions. Matterson is on fire and I really hope we find a way to keep him.

crocodile

Bench
What do we do when the opposition is always offside or has really good linespeed

Just one out stuff?

Offloading or shifting keeps them honest.
Different game but the tactic could work. A while back I was watching the Wannabies play the All Blacks and our guys tried the rush defence and marginal offside. Aaron Cruden simply chipped over the top of them while his outside backs sprinted through. Needless to say we were destroyed and 50 put on us. In our case it might not lead to a score but might at least keep the bastards on side.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Different game but the tactic could work. A while back I was watching the Wannabies play the All Blacks and our guys tried the rush defence and marginal offside. Aaron Cruden simply chipped over the top of them while his outside backs sprinted through. Needless to say we were destroyed and 50 put on us. In our case it might not lead to a score but might at least keep the bastards on side.
I dont think we have the speed out wide to pull that off unfortunately.

Maybe Waqa if 100% fit. But who else opacic isnt quick. Simmonsonn is ok but not super quick. Penisini and Gutho both have similar gears can run all day not lightning quick.

But no one else has speed to burn like say Addo-Carr. When he was at Melbourne and munster would do the chip across field in there own 20 for Addo-Carr pretty regularly.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Off contract Ryan Matterson is the best backrower in the game.
Going off Freddy's comments last night after the game i reckon shaun lane could actually be closer to playing origin then Matto.

Not that either will probably be picked but Lane got a big wrap off Freddy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
it used to shit me too how it never carried over from one game to the next you had to go out then start again

then i found out about live channels if you go down in the menu there is a selection of live channels just pick 502 and you'll get the fox feed
I didn’t know this. Fanks.

lucablight

First Grade
Going off Freddy's comments last night after the game i reckon shaun lane could actually be closer to playing origin then Matto.

Lane is pretty underrated. His problem is consistency. Some games he’ll be heavily involved and other games he’ll go missing. He also has the odd error in him but he’s really skilful with the ball and a good hole runner if he’s put into gaps.

hindy111

Post Whore
I dont think we have the speed out wide to pull that off unfortunately.

Maybe Waqa if 100% fit. But who else opacic isnt quick. Simmonsonn is ok but not super quick. Penisini and Gutho both have similar gears can run all day not lightning quick.

But no one else has speed to burn like say Addo-Carr. When he was at Melbourne and munster would do the chip across field in there own 20 for Addo-Carr pretty regularly.

Simmonson is extremely quick. He just needs to find some space. I'd say he is by far our quickest back by a long way. Russel and Waqa might keep up.
Problem is he never has seen open space. He threatens to break the line but never does.
I'd say Dunster,Russel,Sivo are better players.
Opacic is about his level. Tom's a better player but Simmonson a better athlete so it's a take your pick.
This year I would still like to see Sivo,Waqa and maybe Russel in our NRL side.
Bailey is ok. Solid player but the other three have far more upside.

TheRam

Coach
I think we needed to win that for our own self belief. It would have been a really bad loss if we couldn’t beat a 12 man Manly side with no Turbo at home. We had to get the job done and I’m glad we did. I think the turning point was the Manly player outleaping Perham and dropping the ball in the in goal. I suspect that would have made the lead insurmountable in those wet conditions. Matterson is on fire and I really hope we find a way to keep him.

If we keep him he will go back to being average to good and if we lose him he will end up being awesome most of the time because that is the way Parra roll.

TheRam

Coach
His filthy low attacks towards myself are not called for. Very below belt.

Agreed Hindy. Baby by name, cry baby by nature and very immature dummy spitter at the drop of a hat. May need his arse wiped to stop the sting. Sand paper should do the trick, smooth over those rough edges.

Freakin Arse wipe.

lucablight

First Grade
Simmonson is extremely quick. He just needs to find some space. I'd say he is by far our quickest back by a long way. Russel and Waqa might keep up.
Problem is he never has seen open space. He threatens to break the line but never does.
I'd say Dunster,Russel,Sivo are better players.
Opacic is about his level. Tom's a better player but Simmonson a better athlete so it's a take your pick.
This year I would still like to see Sivo,Waqa and maybe Russel in our NRL side.
Bailey is ok. Solid player but the other three have far more upside.
Only a small sample size but I’ve been very impressed with Russell turning half chances into tries. Simonsson doesn’t seem to be anywhere near as good at that.

strider

Post Whore
My father who passed away today was a Parra fan and my son who was dad’s favourite said that Moses would kick the goal for deda.

God bless you, Mitchell.

We both cried as the full time siren sounded.
Your dad might have called in a favour the way mitch's kick held and faded back in

All the best

Soto

Bench

Lane if consistent would go close. There are unfortunately games where he is largely unsighted. Last night he showed good intent.
Lane has to remain a backrower. For 2 reasons..balance of the team and the ability to run a line whilst attracting players and can slip a ball. That pass last night was pure brilliance. Good on Opacic for game awareness and being there to take it and score..

strider

Post Whore
I watched ch 9. All of them reckon the Perham shot was a tough call. Jnrs pass deff forward and N.Brown was certainly offside.
So I get called a f**king moron? We got some huge calls that last 10 mins.
Agree stuff went our way towards the end, but not ridiculous stuff ..... stuff went their way earlier too which helped em get a lead