What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13 2024: 750pm Eels v Sharks GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium May 30th

Noise

Coach
Did all teams get 3 byes that year??

EDIT - Just read this again. And noticed you said only 10 wins that year for the Titans, that's quite an anomaly but yes, goes to show, anything can happen.
With 17 teams now (only 16 back in 2021) it is even more likely that you need to win more games than you lose to make the 8. I can’t see 10 wins every making it again.

Soto

Bench
Now that was satisfying.
Team is already playing better, more intent, more energy, better bench rotation, for most part better kick chase.
Barrett is trying to right Arthur's wrongs.
Hopefully Lussick is not seen in 1st grade again...absolutely no need.
Hands was very good.
Penisini was beast mode.
Moses sublime...just learn how to nail a field goal Mitch.
Gutho great game...just rip the ball out next time.
Special mentions to Paulo, Joe O, RCG, Kelma and Carty.
Some dumb ref decisions....Klein and Atkins....what a duo...
So if Simonsson loses the ball short of the line A) why wasn't it a penalty for being tackled around the neck and B) why wasn't it a play the ball 10m out. I get it's lost in the act of scoring a try but he doesn't lose it over the line...
Anyway great day today...
Olympiacos Europa Conference League Champions and Eels back on track beating the May premiers....it's time for me to get some shut eye...problem is I'm buzzing

King-Gutho94

Coach
For those wanting Gutho gone at end of next year can get stuffed.

It's obvious we are screwed without him lost our last 12 straight without him by an average of 20+ pts.

Seeing him live with his energy it's amazing the difference he makes with the ball but also without it.

Moses makes a mental difference just his presence out there controlling things.

I sense we get the dogs next Monday week we can go on a little run here.

Gee we just needed to win 3 games in the 9 Moses missed and i reckon we would be a smokey right now.

The Tigers and Dolphins games were missed opportunities.

Bandwagon

Staff member
With 17 teams now (only 16 back in 2021) it is even more likely that you need to win more games than you lose to make the 8. I can’t see 10 wins every making it again.

It's less likely 10 wins will make it for sure, but not all that much.

Anyways the mean doesn't change it remains 12 wins 0 PD, what does change is the mean is now 9th, rather than 8th or 9th in terms of ladder position, but anywhere over the mean, so +1 PD, still sees you above the mean, so still in finals more often than not, just less often than would be the case with 16 teams.

Bandwagon

Staff member
So if Simonsson loses the ball short of the line A) why wasn't it a penalty for being tackled around the neck and B) why wasn't it a play the ball 10m out. I get it's lost in the act of scoring a try but he doesn't lose it over the line...

Because it then went dead in goal.

Latest posts