What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13 2024: 750pm Eels v Sharks GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium May 30th

I remember some merkins whinging, when we had good depth and an ordinary top 17, that we needed to take risks and overload our 17, and forget about depth. I reckon they've been proven right.
Who do you think cares what you remember, troll boy?

Troll Trolling GIF

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well I agree with all of that. The thing is though, he has this game in him and he had quite a few very good games last year. Lussick just doesn’t. Hands is also young with plenty of room for improvement so it’s mind blowing that BA stuck with Lussick. You have a young smart hooker with plenty of promise vs a very average journeyman. There’s simply no justification for it.
I dunno, merkins are acting like this is Hands' first ever game. He has made seven appearances this year and his last win was in 17 minutes against Canterbury. He has struggled just as much without Moses.

Matt Arthur is the justification for Hands stalled development.

Everyone close enough to the team knows it but wasn't prepared to call it out.

It's nothing against MA as a player or individual he may well be the best 9 we have right now. And I hope he lives up to the hype and he kills it for us moving forward and becomes a 200+ game player.

But anyone who thinks BA wasn't clearing a path for his 2nd son are kidding themselves I have enough inside information to reinforce my point of view in the situation that brad definitely was subtle enough to ensure to not make it as obvious as it was with Jake clearinga path for his kid to FG.
The Matt Arthur show (TCT) really pushing hard for Boooooods. I call it the Booooods show.

Has anyone seen MArthur play? I heard is he was dead Slow with no running game. Is he any good?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
For those wanting Gutho gone at end of next year can get stuffed.

It's obvious we are screwed without him lost our last 12 straight without him by an average of 20+ pts.

Seeing him live with his energy it's amazing the difference he makes with the ball but also without it.

Moses makes a mental difference just his presence out there controlling things.

I sense we get the dogs next Monday week we can go on a little run here.

Gee we just needed to win 3 games in the 9 Moses missed and i reckon we would be a smokey right now.

The Tigers and Dolphins games were missed opportunities.

We missed his leadership and inspiration. There was basically no one doing all the talking and directing traffic and you can see how fired up he was when Paulo scored, pumping the boys up and telling them to get stuck into the opposition.

Parra Pride

Referee
It obviously hasn't been in doubt for a while, but Moses is by far and away our best player, and Gutho is definitely the second. I still remember when we originally signed him I thought it was stupid, he just seemed like a petulant idiot with the way he left the Tigers. Never imagined this is the player he'd turn into.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well I agree with all of that. The thing is though, he has this game in him and he had quite a few very good games last year. Lussick just doesn’t. Hands is also young with plenty of room for improvement so it’s mind blowing that BA stuck with Lussick. You have a young smart hooker with plenty of promise vs a very average journeyman. There’s simply no justification for it.
Even more when you find out he's been playing 6 in NSW Cup most of the year, he was treated horribly by the Nepotism gnome. Firstly stuck behind Gutho's bro in law. and then stuck behind Boooooooooooods in NSW Cup. But but but but but there was no nepotism at Parra none at all.