What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13 2024: 750pm Eels v Sharks GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium May 30th

King-Gutho94

Coach
We are. Immediately after round three we were all f**king pumped. Moses is currently 3 from 4 this year, including games against Penrith and Cronulla.
We are either cursed or BA set up a system that wasn't designed for back ups

The position we were in with the Tigers and Dolphins games had SFA to do with Moses playing.

He missed 9 games we only had to win 3 from those 9.

3 games we had to win out of 9 and we would be on the verge of the 8 right now.

Let that sink in win f**king 3 games and we could only win 1 game from 9.

JokerEel

Coach
For those wanting Gutho gone at end of next year can get stuffed.

It's obvious we are screwed without him lost our last 12 straight without him by an average of 20+ pts.

Seeing him live with his energy it's amazing the difference he makes with the ball but also without it.

Moses makes a mental difference just his presence out there controlling things.

I sense we get the dogs next Monday week we can go on a little run here.

Gee we just needed to win 3 games in the 9 Moses missed and i reckon we would be a smokey right now.

The Tigers and Dolphins games were missed opportunities.

Agree 100% Gutho was King!

Happy MEel

First Grade
It was his best ever game, and he took advantage of our forward dominance. He almost looked like JMK or Levy when their packs set a platform.
Well I agree with all of that. The thing is though, he has this game in him and he had quite a few very good games last year. Lussick just doesn’t. Hands is also young with plenty of room for improvement so it’s mind blowing that BA stuck with Lussick. You have a young smart hooker with plenty of promise vs a very average journeyman. There’s simply no justification for it.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I can see Moses being the 7 in Game 2.

If we win, it'd be unlikely Madge will drop Hynes unless it's a case of winning despite him having a bog average game.

Mitch is for sure next man up after Cleary, but you don't f**k with a winning squad to put your second choice halfback in lightly.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Let’s not get carried away. We’re still more likely to miss out on the finals than not at this stage.

That's very true, but f**k it, I'll get f**king carried away if I want to.

Anyways, that's my one and only prediction for the year.

Chipmunk

Coach

The position we were in with the Tigers and Dolphins games had SFA to do with Moses playing.

He missed 9 games we only had to win 3 from those 9.

3 games we had to win out of 9 and we would be on the verge of the 8 right now.

Let that sink in win f**king 3 games and we could only win 1 game from 9.
Our whole game plan has been based around achieving everything through the sum of the brilliance of the individuals only. There was f**k all tactics, and team systems, and set plays. It mean that the next man up principle that gets other teams through could never happen with that level of stupidity.

Chipmunk

Coach
If we win, it'd be unlikely Madge will drop Hynes unless it's a case of winning despite him having a bog average game.

Mitch is for sure next man up after Cleary, but you don't f**k with a winning squad to put your second choice halfback in lightly.
You're entire premise seems to assume NSW win.

I've already assumed they'll just lose.

Unlimitedpower

Juniors
Where do we buy grand final tickets
dance let GIF

Soto

Bench
Because it then went dead in goal.
But it's a stupid rule...it's lost in the field of play. There is no logic here...and it became a 7 tackle set. It's fkn dumb and needs to be changed...notwithstanding it was a high tackle as well

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon anyone with half a brain could tell how much a difference Hands makes at 9 compared to Lussick.
If we're talking just one game, we saw the difference Hands made when he came on against the Tigers and went from 14-6 to 14-16. Don't start crowing about randos now Moses is back. Some conditions suit one type of hooker and some conditions suit other types. Case in point, Levy and JMK play their best games against us.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well I agree with all of that. The thing is though, he has this game in him and he had quite a few very good games last year. Lussick just doesn’t. Hands is also young with plenty of room for improvement so it’s mind blowing that BA stuck with Lussick. You have a young smart hooker with plenty of promise vs a very average journeyman. There’s simply no justification for it.
Matt Arthur is the justification for Hands stalled development.

Everyone close enough to the team knows it but wasn't prepared to call it out.

It's nothing against MA as a player or individual he may well be the best 9 we have right now. And I hope he lives up to the hype and he kills it for us moving forward and becomes a 200+ game player.

But anyone who thinks BA wasn't clearing a path for his 2nd son are kidding themselves I have enough inside information to reinforce my point of view in the situation that brad definitely was subtle enough to ensure to not make it as obvious as it was with Jake clearinga path for his kid to FG.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
For those wanting Gutho gone at end of next year can get stuffed.

It's obvious we are screwed without him lost our last 12 straight without him by an average of 20+ pts.

Seeing him live with his energy it's amazing the difference he makes with the ball but also without it.

Moses makes a mental difference just his presence out there controlling things.

I sense we get the dogs next Monday week we can go on a little run here.

Gee we just needed to win 3 games in the 9 Moses missed and i reckon we would be a smokey right now.

The Tigers and Dolphins games were missed opportunities.
Leadership is massive. Look at the Storm whenever Smith didn’t play.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Matt Arthur is the justification for Hands stalled development.

Everyone close enough to the team knows it but wasn't prepared to call it out.

It's nothing against MA as a player or individual he may well be the best 9 we have right now. And I hope he lives up to the hype and he kills it for us moving forward and becomes a 200+ game player.

But anyone who thinks BA wasn't clearing a path for his 2nd son are kidding themselves I have enough inside information to reinforce my point of view in the situation that brad definitely was in a subtle enough way to not make it as obvious as it was with Jake.
Just like Hands, Matt Arthur has shit games. The difference is Arthur is eligible for SG Ball, while Hands is 25 this year.

If we're talking just one game, we saw the difference Hands made when he came on against the Tigers and went from 14-6 to 14-16.
Wow... just so proud to be so so dumb.
Don't start crowing about randos now Moses is back. Some conditions suit one type of hooker and some conditions suit other types. Case in point, Levy and JMK play their best games against us.
What a load of

Shocked Rainbow GIF by TotalEnergiesxBadminton

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I remember some merkins whinging, when we had good depth and an ordinary top 17, that we needed to take risks and overload our 17, and forget about depth. I reckon they've been proven right.

Latest posts