What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd14: Parra v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ BankWest Stadium 13/6/21

crocodile

Bench
I reckon plenty of idiots would tick both of those boxes. Speaking several languages is what happens when you grow up in a place where many languages are spoken. Most Europeans speak English plus their mother tongue. It's about exposure not intelligence.

A degree in philosophy just requires money and free time. In fact, if you live in a place where governments subsidise tertiary education (or guarantee loans) you don't even need money. Just free time.

That said, I don't think anyone could be capable of the level of success Djokovic has achieved if they were stupid, regardless of their work ethic or natural talent. He's obviously smart enough.
Philosophy as an undergrad or postgrad is actually a very tough degree.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I prefer W.Smith. He is more dangerous and covers more positions. If the game is close BA is not taking Mahoney off for Lussick. And if we are winning easy W.Smith doesn't hurt this.
But if we are after some spark W.Smith is capable of something flashy. Plus any injury from 1-7 is covered along with 9. Lussick doesn't offer enough to be a 14 for mine.
Interestingly, that was Lussick's first ever NRL win. He has more tries than wins in his very small sample of four games.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
The HT entertainment was brilliant at Bankwest Stadium yesterday

Someone using a long sling shot and shooting stuff into the crowd!! The ground announcer yelling at the top of his voice for Parra fans to stand up to catch whatever was being thrown (little footballs i think), even though this was happening down at one end of the ground only.

Sweet Caroline was played like 10 times throughout the match, so annoying to say the least

Blame Mitch Moses for Sweet Caroline, he chose the song to play after he scores.

Avenger

Immortal
Not really. Its actually pretty hard to fail a university degree if you turn up and submit something that isn't complete shit. Most people who don't make it are either lazy merkins or dont have the time and resources.
Yeah right.

crocodile

Bench
Not really. Its actually pretty hard to fail a university degree if you turn up and submit something that isn't complete shit. Most people who don't make it are either lazy merkins or dont have the time and resources.
What a load of horseshit. Those heading for failure or finding the subjects tougher than first thought have dropped out long before a fail grade is given.

crocodile

Bench
Well it depends on the form of the assessment. Anything with an essay can be judged a pass if it's close enough to word count.
You may get away with that once in a blue moon. Unfortunately, most degrees are 24 or 32 units with several assessments in each one. That's a lot of times to earn a pass just based on a word count.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What a load of horseshit. Those heading for failure or finding the subjects tougher than first thought have dropped out long before a fail grade is given.
Yet if they preserved the University system would have ensured that they scrape through. It’s how it works. The only difficult thing about University is the level of commitment required. You don’t have to be smart to pass.

Gronk

Staff member
You may get away with that once in a blue moon. Unfortunately, most degrees are 24 or 32 units with several assessments in each one. That's a lot of times to earn a pass just based on a word count.
Agree, however the context was philosophy. Anyone who breaks down the waffle of Pope John Paul II, Descartes, Aristotle or Voltaire deserves a degree based simply on survivorship.

BTW if any of those merkins were alive today, @Poupou Escobar would be calling out their bullshit on socials.

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah most 1st year subjects are as Pou and Gary say but once the unis have you hooked in it just makes financial sense for them to make it harder.
One of my units had a 40% failure rate. It was f**ken hard and the educators seemed to be actively trying to fail people. Humble brag, I got a credit.
On the flip side, the first unit I did was statistics and it had 100% pass rate (rounded up). Quiz every tute that was based on one, maybe two chapters of the textbook with 2 redos after practically being told what was wrong, a mid term on the first half of topics and final exam on whole unit. All open book. They changed that couple years after I did it and I had mate who did it as one of his final units and struggled to pass