What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd14: Parra v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ BankWest Stadium 13/6/21

Bandwagon

Staff member
There can only be one winner, where you come after that does not matter, but you do not want to finish last. If you experience winning a Grand Final you will know what I mean.

So who'll be your team come September?

84 Baby

Referee
It's actually quite exciting when we get trolled. They have been few and far apart of late. I posted what was my own personal opinion of the game on their forum and they were quite the receptive bunch. I actually thought we had more than our fair share of the dodgy decisions, and at critical times as well. We played well, but were gifted.
I had to watch the replay and after some merkin spoilt the result for me, I had a looksy at some of comments on the forums. Some of the early calls went our way e.g. the Lussick bump after he kicked it, should’ve just been play on. But we’re dominating before we got the calls, so that’s going to happen.
After that the Wigers just wanted to try to strip the ball and fell asleep with their hands over the ball if they couldn’t steal it. Do that and you deserve to get smashed by 6 agains.
Sivo's binning was warranted. Just cause the Boncos guy got sent doesn’t mean everyone should be sent. Hetherington was more impactful with his shot than Sivo was as well.
Atkins lost control. We just handled it better

crocodile

Bench
In my line of work, a uni degree is about as prestigious as a school certificate. The next level I did was f**ken balls to the wall. It has less old boys club about it now at least but it was still “oh you got a distinction average through uni, that’s nice…. You’ve failed this test, try again in 12 months.” (Actually I still did well enough to “receive” a supplementary exam to try and pass, and did)

And after all that, if I worked my way up Maccas, I’d be earning just as much as I am now. And then they probably would’ve paid my uni degree
You Pou and Gutful must be smarter than me. I didn't fail anything but I found it f*ckin hard. The last year was insane. Sorry Maccas might have worked out better. At least for me it was worth the effort. I couldn't work in the industry without the formality of a piece of paper.

crocodile

Bench
Yet if they preserved the University system would have ensured that they scrape through. It’s how it works. The only difficult thing about University is the level of commitment required. You don’t have to be smart to pass.
I have personal experience.

crocodile

Bench
Agree, however the context was philosophy. Anyone who breaks down the waffle of Pope John Paul II, Descartes, Aristotle or Voltaire deserves a degree based simply on survivorship.

BTW if any of those merkins were alive today, @Poupou Escobar would be calling out their bullshit on socials.
Yes, that was the context. People have difficulty with the non intuitive content as well as the abstraction elements. Reading about it is a piece of piss. Being examined on the content is a piece of piss. Formulating and expressing your own ideas is not such a breeze. It may be for some nerd. I'm a bit more logical and would find it terrifying.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There can only be one winner, where you come after that does not matter, but you do not want to finish last. If you experience winning a Grand Final you will know what I mean.
Yeah maybe, but at the moment I'm taking it one week at a time and I'm loving it. I'm also looking forward to the finals, just like you were until about round 4 last year. Come finals time anything can happen - look at 2005.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They are always trying to live in the past after their pathetic shamble of a side gets an ass kicking

but but parra won spoons, but but we won in 05 but but but ...

🤣🤣
You know they're living in the past because they always bring up 1986. Who cares about our last premiership? The next one is all that matters.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You Pou and Gutful must be smarter than me. I didn't fail anything but I found it f*ckin hard. The last year was insane. Sorry Maccas might have worked out better. At least for me it was worth the effort. I couldn't work in the industry without the formality of a piece of paper.
Certificate III?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I Ieft school in Yr 11. Always in advanced classes but once I started smoking dope,drinking alcohol and party drugs my grades dived. So I left and become a sparky.
It was a sad day as I knew I should of had quite a good HSC score. I would of aimed for above 80.

Now I am a chump. With a high school certificate.
Sounds like a Country song.

84 Baby

Referee
You didn’t read my other post where I agreed with you

IFR33K

Coach
Spoken by team follower that cannot win Grand Finals, and is content with Wooden Spoons. What is it like winning the Spoon?

merging is where it’s at. I’ve always had a fetish for my team to merge. Whats it like when a shit team mergers with another shit team, to become, an overall shit team?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
merging is where it’s at. I’ve always had a fetish for my team to merge. Whats it like when a shit team mergers with another shit team, to become, an overall shit team?
Isn’t it obvious??? A Super Shit team.

Latest posts