What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rd14 v Manly

chrisD

Coach
We are very bad defensively and need to do something drastic. Bring in someone else to coach Defense or something, I don't know.

Halves went well, kicking wasn't an issue, in fact it was better. When they get the measure of the pass out the back to Moylan they'll get a lot better too.

Both debutants went well, couldn't drop Leota after that.

Crazy game , repeat my call for Moylan to move to 5/8 full time though.

Fox sports talking after the game about Moylan playing 5/8 for NSW , honestly think he is and will be better than TMM.

Still lots of problems though.

age.s

First Grade
That first half was horrible and our defense is still very shaky but we looked way better with the ball than we have all season. Cartwright, Cleary, Moylan, Peachey, Mansour and even Wallace all looked really potent at different times. We really miss Whare though. Both Peachey and Blake are poor defensively.

Despite how bad it looked at halftime I don't think we'd be too unhappy with that. That first half was the kind of thing that won't happen all the time. Two of their tries were off extremely dubious decisions and they had 70 percent of the ball.

chrisD

Coach
Latu sets up a try and scores one, par for the course for him really. We need to lock him up and buy some quality middle defenders to put beside him and Merrin.

Crazy game , repeat my call for Moylan to move to 5/8 full time though.

Fox sports talking after the game about Moylan playing 5/8 for NSW , honestly think he is and will be better than TMM.

Still lots of problems though.

100%

Whoever kicks on out of TMM and Cleary should partner Moylan for next 5+ years

forby

Juniors
A win's a win! :crazy: Even possession makes a different game!
Watched on Rugby Pass here in Bangkok, was not happy at half time, but the second half was good once they decided to play as a team!

hindy111

Post Whore
Cleary looks very good. Composed with a nice cut out ball and good kicking game. And best it was his second game. He also has a decent running game. A calm head on his shoulders.

Moylan is a bit of a turnstyle in defense as a fullback. Would be perhaps the worse in comp defending at fullback. He oozes class in the attacking play thou.

Peachey has found his home. Do not move him from centre. He looks great there.
Blake looks better each week in attack to.
DWZ has been ordinary so far this year. If others where fit he would be dropped.
It will be interesting what happens next season with TMM - Hiku-Whare all back. I reckon Blake and Peachey should be the centres long term. Hiku can move onto the wing as mansour i doubt will stay. Good move by the duke there. What your paying Hiku you could of kept a state of origin winger. Whare could be moved on? Jennings boys will go.

Peach is a greedy merkin. Sauce was wide open when he scored and he went himself. He is also the dumbest player in a very dumb side

mxlegend99

Referee
Mansour might very well be our best player at the moment. Anyone not worried about keeping him is mad. We'll miss him if he goes.

Might be exaggerating. Best outside back atm definitely.
Nope. f**k Tamou. Sign him first. Then a solid experienced half who isn't in his 30s.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Mate, I'm stoked. I only asked a question. Why are you so defensive?

You're the one coming it as if one great 20 minute period is enough to shut up people you disagree with. THAT's defensive... unlike our first half performance, which was just shit.

GongPanther

Referee
You're the one coming it as if one great 20 minute period is enough to shut up people you disagree with. THAT's defensive... unlike our first half performance, which was just shit.

Granted,but we showed enough intestinal fortitude to fight back from a seemingly impossible situation.

You have to give credit where it's due.Sure we were rubbish in the first half,but it is a true test of character to come back from the lead that Manly had were most teams,especially in this round,would have further capitulated.

mxlegend99

Referee
We should have put Sea Eagles away with a flogging doing 80 minutes of carving up. Not just 20. Yes its impressive to come back. But really we should have won vy 20+ points and never questioned anything. We were pure shit. Manly just turned to shit and choked .

Latest posts