What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15 2024: Eels v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium June 15th

hindy111

Post Whore
Moses was gash again, when it matters he's got zero.

Guth is a light of other days, i'd be playing Blaize now at fullback the season is farked anyway.

Done and dusted. If wasn't for JWH sin bin we'd be last going into the BYE.
Moses was average. He cheeky run on the last is all he had really. He will put in one good kick then one average. Cycle continues. He again took the wrong play with 40 seconds to go. Did it last week to when he went for a 3 point lead.
Storm scored 2 or 3 tries off a bomb last night. Just put the ball up on the air to your best jumpers. How hard would it be to just put Matto and Lane on one side and stack that same side and bomb that way.

hindy111

Post Whore
There was some real rubbish stuff in the 2s tonight. The Roosters were pretty bad. Sanders was diabolical and the defence as a whole can be horrible. Id still have Cini on the wing before Russell or Talagi. Emu was average at best. Doreys D aint much good. Guymer, Keir and Parker went ok. Didnt notice Moretti much but it was a game that was hard to hold interest.
We won. I guess thats something. The past head coach haunts the 2s dressing room as well. This is why someone completely different with his own group need to replace much of how boys play.

Morretti didn't play

eels4life87

Juniors
Good retort - you're clearly an intelligent, mature person, who understands the game.
Says the idiot that says Moses hasn’t been good since he joined first grade when he has been the NSW blues and an international halfback. You don’t deserve better than that with that opinion

Noise

Coach
Russell has been a huge disappointment as well. I expected this to be his breakout season. I understand that not everyone can be a superstar but I thought he could be a solid role player who doesn’t make mistakes or defensive errors at least. It hasn’t panned out that way. Also bro is terrified of taking risks so he’s not really a threat with ball in hand.
Another Rhinos player who got a first grade spot for reasons that can’t be mentioned.Would never have played this much first grade at any other club. He’s the worst winger in the comp.

eels4life87

Juniors
But he's such a fast healer according to you.... He was ready for anything....

He's a star, can do no wrong!!

FFS - join the rest of us in the real world when you're ready
Feel free to go back and actually bother reading what I said before Mitch Moses first game back. That I didn’t expect him to be at his best match winning self in his first games back. But hey. Selective reading and all that 🤣 🤷🏻‍♀️

Soto

Bench
Done and dusted. If wasn't for JWH sin bin we'd be last going into the BYE.
Moses was average. He cheeky run on the last is all he had really. He will put in one good kick then one average. Cycle continues. He again took the wrong play with 40 seconds to go. Did it last week to when he went for a 3 point lead.
Storm scored 2 or 3 tries off a bomb last night. Just put the ball up on the air to your best jumpers. How hard would it be to just put Matto and Lane on one side and stack that same side and bomb that way.
Throw in Cartwright and then there is some timber all ready for the bomb..zero footy smarts this team and coaching staff

King-Gutho94

Coach
My frustration was going down to the red zone and just crabbing from left to right and mostly not finishing a set.

Other than that I agree we played well in patches. How good was that try to Dylan dancing towards the north end ?
Our attack inside the 20 is rubbish too much panic and not enough calmness.

Our players are either too deep or stagnet so when a backline play is on it always looks like we don't have players in motion to add any momentum or flow to any movement we are trying to produce and it stalls.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Says the idiot that says Moses hasn’t been good since he joined first grade when he has been the NSW blues and an international halfback. You don’t deserve better than that with that opinion

Lol you're f**king deadshit.

How long did it take you to type that - 3 hours?

f**k me - I could write an entire essay on how your meaningless existence is in direct correlation to the decline of our society.

Not only can you not comprehend what is on the written page, but you then resort to insults.

The Eels are a direct reflection of people like you right now.

How's your mother's basement going, by the way?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Bizarre game really.

We weren't in the contest at all until the JWH sin bin, then we got quite a few things go our way and we hit the front.

To be honest I'm not sure we'd done enough to deserve the lead when we got it. It was a rather random period of the game. The Roosters just went to sleep.

The Roosters were all over us for the other 60 minutes of the game. Most of our penalties came about as a result of the Roosters sheer level of intensity!
The Roosters I felt were better and always had that extra gear required.

But we still dropped the ball over the line twice. Which could have been the difference really.

Like the Broncos game we created enough chances to win just bombed multiple opportunities.

eels4life87

Juniors
Lol you're f**king deadshit.

How long did it take you to type that - 3 hours?

f**k me - I could write an entire essay on how your meaningless existence is in direct correlation to the decline of our society.

Not only can you not comprehend what is on the written page, but you then resort to insults.

The Eels are a direct reflection of people like you right now.

How's your mother's basement going, by the way?
You’re right. God forbid people go to sleep and aren’t like you where their entire existence is apparently online if you’re expecting an immediate response. Your takes keep getting better and better. You want to say I’m in my mother’s basement and then proceed to complain about how long it took me for to respond when I was sleeping and wasn’t online. So who’s actually the one in their mothers basement with too much time on their hands 🤣

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You’re right. God forbid people go to sleep and aren’t like you where their entire existence is apparently online if you’re expecting an immediate response. Your takes keep getting better and better. You want to say I’m in my mother’s basement and then proceed to complain about how long it took me for to respond when I was sleeping and wasn’t online. So who’s actually the one in their mothers basement with too much time on their hands 🤣
I’m assuming ‘mother’s basement’ was a euphemism?

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I’ve woken up a little more upbeat. The effort was certainly there last night. We can’t take a trick with injuries, I can’t remember having our best team on the park at any stage this season which is pretty wild.

We are so short on cattle it’s unbelievable. I thought Matto was really good last night, he just offers something different.

lingard

Coach
I’ve woken up a little more upbeat. The effort was certainly there last night. We can’t take a trick with injuries, I can’t remember having our best team on the park at any stage this season which is pretty wild.

We are so short on cattle it’s unbelievable. I thought Matto was really good last night, he just offers something different.
I think we've hardly had our top team on the paddock for the last eighteen months.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

A lot of clubs have struggled with injuries this year but coped much better. Depth is critical.

New coach needs to work with the club to ensure our recruitment and development pathways improve.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Ladies and gentlemen - proof positive that there is no cure for stupid.

Thank you for your contributions to science, little buddy.