What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Raiders - Post Game Chat

chiefy1

Juniors
OK how were Canberra the better team ?

They led 16-0 after 30 minutes. After that we scored 22 unanswered points over 50 minutes. We hustled them and won the grind. They were not the victims of bad luck. They f**ked the lead through pressure mounted on them.

In the first 30 mins they had 65% of the ball. At the end of the 80mins possession had evened up to 50% each, we won the metres gained, post contact metres, line breaks, Ave distance per set, off loads, better effective tackles, less missed tackles, line breaks and line break assists, scored 4 tries to 3, kicked 3 goals to 2. Scored more f**king points.

How were they unlucky to lose ?

I would say the heat had a lot to do with their second half performance because of the fact they were supposed to arrive in Darwin on Thursday morning but had flight delays and had to go via Melbourne and arrive in the early hours of Friday morning. It looked like it caught up with them in the back end.
We scored an intersept try, and another that should have been disallowed because gutho knocked on.
Our game management in the first 40 was horrible. Moses needs to take responsibility for some of that

hindy111

Post Whore
Absolutely, Canberra were the better team and if you watched closely at how many times they won the ruck, leaving our players clamoring to get back to marker, youd understand that Canberra would have won 8 from 10 against the eels on that performance.

The positives were our goal line defense and our stamina.

We have a very inexperienced spine that will improve our game management with time.

Who cares we have to two points.
Sign of a good sign is one who can play poor and still win. That signals room for improvement. I think we played at about 60% of potential. How high can we go? I have seen us at about 90% of our ceiling.
With MJ and Blake in the side if we can reach that level we can take the competition out.

chiefy1

Juniors
Who cares we have to two points.
Sign of a good sign is one who can play poor and still win. That signals room for improvement. I think we played at about 60% of potential. How high can we go? I have seen us at about 90% of our ceiling.
With MJ and Blake in the side if we can reach that level we can take the competition out.

I agree we're not playing to our potential.
When we were patient early in the match against the Tigers
and broncos, we blew them away.
It's that patients they need to find early in matches to keep in the arm wrestle, that will improve as our spine gets more experience.
Hopefully we sign DBrown to a very long contract

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
OK how were Canberra the better team ?

They led 16-0 after 30 minutes. After that we scored 22 unanswered points over 50 minutes. We hustled them and won the grind. They were not the victims of bad luck. They f**ked the lead through pressure mounted on them.

In the first 30 mins they had 65% of the ball. At the end of the 80mins possession had evened up to 50% each, we won the metres gained, post contact metres, line breaks, Ave distance per set, off loads, better effective tackles, less missed tackles, line breaks and line break assists, scored 4 tries to 3, kicked 3 goals to 2. Scored more f**king points.

How were they unlucky to lose ?
I don't think Canberra were unlucky. They were poor, above and beyond any pressure we applied. So while they weren't unlucky we could consider ourselves lucky, because we benefitted from a windfall not entirely of our making.

parra pete

Referee
I don't think Canberra were unlucky. They were poor, above and beyond any pressure we applied. So while they weren't unlucky we could consider ourselves lucky, because we benefitted from a windfall not entirely of our making.

As the commentators on Fox kept reminding the viewers ":Canberra has had a long campaign. They have gone 15 weeks without a break"

No wonder they looked run down, and were run down.....

TheRam

Coach
Yet, you’ve never met him. But I’m sure you’ve summed up his whole character just right :thumbsup_tone1:

Mate, I think what you see is what you get with him. I think he would be a nice enough guy, but just a bit on the nerdy side. Nothing wrong with that, but in his case his funny bone is not what most others would also find funny.

Kind of like the nerdy uncle, that is a hit and miss on the jokes front.

Don't make this more then it is. I like the guy overall and think that he is the best Fox commentator.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I reckon one could make a pretty decent argument the Raiders were lucky to get to 16-0. We made a f**king meal of a few early opportunities in that first 30 minutes in which they apparently played "the perfect game".

We made a few line breaks that should have resulted in points if we were on, Moses' hail Mary pass and Evans going straight through only to throw the worst flick pass offload to no one I've seen in f**king ages, both early in the count, to name a couple.

jk13

First Grade
Haha this f**kin site, we win but we’re still not happy. The team that usually wins the grand final eeach year would have a fair share of luck on their side

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
We definitely won it. We got 2 points. Surely if you lose it they take 2 off you

Yeah but before the game I read an article from someone saying if they (the raiders) won it'd be a 4 point win as they have the bye the week after. So surely because they lost it's a 2 point loss? Or maybe because they lost they now don't get the 2 points from the bye?

Latest posts