What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Storm GAME DAY thread (20/8/20)

Kornstar

Coach
We did try to recruit him a couple back. Maybe BA told him to get f**ked

I believe his attitude is a reflection of the organisation.

They are arrogant and win at all costs, which is not necessarily a bad thing because they have had plenty of success however i look at the Roosters under Robinson and i think they are a much better coached team without all the ridiculous grubby tactics.

NAS is no doubt a good player, in fact really good player and his size is hard to handle for any team but he certainly has a poor attitude in relation to authority (referees) and opposition.

The Storm are necessary for the league but they are also victims at all times and that mentality may work for them but it certainly doesn't make them even remotely likeable!

Kornstar

Coach
You have to admit he was much better (not difficult) last night. If he needs someone chanting his name to play like that, I’ll go to every game and training session and yell it for him

He was attacking the high kicks to his wing as well, which is a pleasant change. He definitely had a lot more intent in all of his runs......the coaching staff obviously had a word to him.

Gronk

Staff member
You have to admit he was much better (not difficult) last night. If he needs someone chanting his name to play like that, I’ll go to every game and training session and yell it for him

Agree, he seemed to be back to his normal self last night.

eel01s

Bench
I agree we were a few missed chances away from putting on a score.

Very happy with the defence - it isn't often a side gets held to nil points.

Other than Moses' form, I thought we played pretty well. We ran some good lines and fluffed some chances, but overall much better than the attacking dross of the last month.

Was RCG quiet, or just not given as much minutes this week? Good bench rotation from BA if this is the case. Hope Nuikore doesn't get cited.

We will get there, and imo peak at the right time.

Angry_eel

First Grade
So Arthur essentially admitted that we have not been concentrating on attack in the presser, correct?

I wonder when he'll start?

Noise

Coach
So Arthur essentially admitted that we have not been concentrating on attack in the presser, correct?

I wonder when he'll start?
I reckon they concentrated on attack a bit this weak. Joey wasn't behind the fence giving wrestling advice.

emjaycee

Coach
Playing garbage. A good kick lands 1-3mrrs out from try line. It makes the opposition contest it and potential to force an error. 3 x yesterday they landed more then 10mtrs out. These where all from close range. The opposition just waits and lines Fergo up and hammers him as soon as feet touch the ground.

He is also just running sideways to Materrson. Needs to work the middle more and make use of our big forwards. And come up with big plays occasionally.
40/20s etc.
Moses looked like he would take Cleary NSW spot or contest it at start of the season. One has getting closer to elite level while the other has gone 2 steps back.
Clearly Cleary is only as solid as Gutho... or as close to elite as Gutho. I get confused.

Kornstar

Coach

How the f**k is that possible? The tackle on Brown they firstly twisted his neck and then fell on top of him.

I guarantee you this reaction is because the Storm have an injury crisis and they can't afford to lose more players.

Don't put out a press release saying you are cracking down and then ignore 2 in the same match and then change an Eels player for one while ignoring the other 2.

Does anyone have the footage of the Marata one?

Also, NAS only getting a fine? FMD!

Kornstar

Coach
Just watched the Marata one, does anyone know where to find the minutes where the Storm ones were put on report, i would like to compare.

Marata's was a fair crusher, but i want to know why the 2 Storm players weren't charged.

84 Baby

Referee
Johns didn’t deserve a penalty for his. Normal tackle and then Lee tries to upend Sivo.
Vete’s was accidental but he didn’t need to get involved. How he escapes getting charged though is beyond me.
Marata’s was similar to Johns but was Marata’s fault so he should cop a charge.
NAS getting a fine is a joke but we already benefited from it so who cares.
But how the f**k doesn’t BJ Olam even get mentioned?

Latest posts