What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Storm GAME DAY thread (20/8/20)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The sob festival in the media from just about every reporter worked, no idea how the MRC or judiciary come to anything currently. Basically a lottery

I think they'll get off.

It was technically correct decision by the ref but a bit soft compared to crusher tackles of the past, although Sivo appeared to be in a bit of discomfort

funny how all the armchair experts on social media, and in our NRL forum say Sivo was diving for a penalty, love to see their reaction if it happened to them

84 Baby

Referee
Stuart wants a test like HIA to stop milking crushers. I am pretty sure refs are no longer calling most crushers in real time. So how are players milking penalties if most calls are coming from bunker after review?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Maybe they aren’t crushers, maybe they were, but if the storm are going to be wrestling as much as they do in the ruck (which was shocking last night), the probabilities are they will get penalised sometimes for “accidental” ones !!

It’s their bloody fault!!

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Maybe it happens all the time or not, but gee it appeared to happen last night an awful amount of times (maybe it didn’t), somehow the storm players got their body’s under our players, as they were playing the ball.

like the storm play is laying on his back / underneath our player, with a storm player on top, to prevent quick play the balls.

Looks like a normal tackle but happened a fair bit it appeared, new wrestling technique?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I was pleasantly surprised last night on a number of areas.
. D was mostly outstanding. Lots of second efforts to get their man and more width.
. Bench rotation was greatly improved.
. Stone was finally given time at 9 and he was really good. Hits like a bulldozer.
. RCG and Jnr wernt played to exhaustion.
. Moses kicking (even during warm up) and Offence was gash but his D was terrific.
. Lots of energy in attack with greater speed.
. Fergo and Sivo much improved.
. Matto heaps better for the run last week.
Areas for improvement.
. Support play needs greater effort. Many opportunities lost.
. Ball security, Jennings & Lane ordinary.
. Kicking in general was terrible.
. Stone turns his back when retreating to the defensive line.
I had a great time last night but for the first time I noticed some crowd apathy with regard to observing Covid Rules. Very dissappointing.
NAS live is Fu*king enormous and Tino and Welsh are huge buggers as well. Im a big fan of Welsh. Not sure its possible but would love him as a replacement for dopey KE.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
So Melbourne get found out by their grubby tactics, Bellamy has a sook and people are calling us soft?

I dont care if people hate us but to back Melbourne is laughable.

Even worse that Nelson is geting off, seriously the MRC needs an overhaul.

Once again the NRL doesnt have the balls to tell Melbourne to get rid of their grubby tactics

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
And as for NAS, does anyone know why he hates us so much? He seems much more aggressive towards us than any other team? He is the epitome of the Storm's attitude.

Is there a bigger sook in the game? Runs at halves on nearly every run and then when he gets tackled he gets up pushing them in the head. Slater must be his personal mentor