What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread (27/8/20)

Eelogical

Referee
Well, the lads sure look second rate atm. They certainly don't know how to fight back onne they're up against it. From here on in, this is about BA the coach, and I'm not liking our chances. I've remained loyal to his appointment through thick and thin, but I've had enough of these inept performances from our players and coaching staff. That performance tonight was just another example of what we're consistent at every year.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The coach for starters, sadly we are stuck with the bald clueless muppet another 2 and a half years.
There is only one solution - meet me at Chardon's at midnight. We will do a secret border cross in my Hyundai. We'll drive straight to Sydney - no pit stops, we'll have to piss in the ashtray.

Once we arrive we need to head to Cronulla Cemetery and find Jack Gibson's corpse. Polish him up a bit and I reckon he'd be good to go for 2021.

Are you in merkin?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
There is only one solution - meet me at Chardon's at midnight. We will do a secret border cross in my Hyundai. We'll drive straight to Sydney - no pit stops, we'll have to piss in the ashtray.

Once we arrive we need to head to Cronulla Cemetery and find Jack Gibson's corpse. Polish him up a bit and I reckon he'd be good to go for 2021.

Are you in merkin?
How many Bentspokes tonight merkin???

Eelementary

Post Whore
He’s decent. Took him a while to assemble a good roster. Can he take them further? It doesn’t look promising.

he’s a Matt Elliot mk2

I don't think he's decent, to be perfectly frank.

On paper, this is a pretty good side - very good pack, attacking halves, and bog, powerful backs.

He cannot seem to get us playing consistently, and the side looks like they've never even met each other before.

It took me a long time to admit it, but I am over his shit - he's a bum.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I've never seen a more inept attacking team than this lot in my 35 years of watching league.

Got absolutely nothing.

Surely the coach needs to start focusing on attack .

How has this idiot gone into the season without attacking structures.

Has has this idiot coach still here and even gotten a contract extension?

All the skill in this group has been nullified. They have just gone backwards and its the coaching I believe.

Noise

Coach
They just weren't switched on from the opening whistle. It's concerning. They should've been up for this game.
We haven't been 'up' for about 6 weeks even though we have won some close ones against shit sides. It's very f**king concerning.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I don’t think there’s coming back from that. Our attack has been shit and the players have been open about it. However, they have been hanging their hat on defence (despite the deficiencies) because teams have been average in attack and couldn’t score points. They now know that our defence is just as bad as our attack and with Parra being a confidence side since the dawn of time, we’re f**ked.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don’t think there’s coming back from that. Our attack has been shit and the players know it. They have been hanging their hat on defence (despite the deficiencies) because teams have been average in attack and couldn’t score points. They now know that our defence is just as bad as our attack and with Parra being a confidence side since the dawn of time, we’re f**ked.
Dumb. Teams come back from plop all the time.

Eelementary

Post Whore
We looked good in the first 10 - genuinely.

We made easy metres, and held the Bunnies to less than 40m per set.

And then, in our first attacking raid, we shat the bed.

That sort of ill discipline has to lay at the coach's feet.

Not to mention that Arthur seems incapable of getting us up for games we should be up for; it isn't feasible, or realistic, to expect a win every single week.

But Penrith seem to keep playing better, and better, and we seem to be trundling along, with a good roster on paper.

I have serious concerns about the direction the club is heading under Arthur's "leadership".

Latest posts