What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread (27/8/20)

lingard

Coach
Why? If a player needs dropping to improve his performance, he’s not a first grader. He needs to work on his shithouse tackling technique is what he needs. Bend your f**ken waist!

Why did Robinson drop Flannagan? Why did McGuire drop Marshall? because sometimes it jolts a player into performing better. (And also sends a message to others.) And as far as improving his performance, Waqa certainly needs something. Matt Elliot last night on the radio said that he thought there was still a lot of effort in the Parramatta side. he also said they looked like a united group as they walked off at full-time. he said they probably still have a good general morale going on. But he said they looked very jaded, tired and stale on the field. They need some sort of rest or re-invigoration or change in things. he said that some coaches have managed to do that (implying that Brad Arthur hasn't). Just try harder?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Why do Eels players come out and say such asinine things in the website?

In the last week, we had:

* Michael Jennings say we are fighting for a Minor Premiership

* Ryan Matterson say that our goal is to keep our opponents to 0.

I mean...it just makes the club look silly.

Even more so when they dish up crap like last night.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Him having no answers is a concern. He admitted as much in his presser.

It's quite concerning - our performance on the field has pretty much proved that he doesn't know how to address the issues.

And that's OK - nobody is perfect.

But if he can't fix it, and has no ideas how to, then we should find someone who can.

I lost my job a few months ago for actually being good at my job, and hitting all my goals - but behind-the-scenes politics got in the way.

Admittedly, we are still in the top 4, so he has done a reasonably good job.

But the coach's goal should be to jag a Premiership, and this side looks so far off the pace, that it's depressing.

Avenger

Immortal
It's quite concerning - our performance on the field has pretty much proved that he doesn't know how to address the issues.

And that's OK - nobody is perfect.

But if he can't fix it, and has no ideas how to, then we should find someone who can.

I lost my job a few months ago for actually being good at my job, and hitting all my goals - but behind-the-scenes politics got in the way.

Admittedly, we are still in the top 4, so he has done a reasonably good job.

But the coach's goal should be to jag a Premiership, and this side looks so far off the pace, that it's depressing.
You are angry because they tickled your balls and you were approaching vinegar. Now you realise you were just dreaming and had your dick in a glory hole in a public toilet.

IFR33K

Coach
When does it 'matter'? Round 16 when we're four points clear of fourth place?

No. 2014 and 15 one win to make the semis from the remaining two games

2017 bundled out in straight sets. Lost to a depleted cowboys team in Sydney.

2019 absolutely massacred at the hands of the storm.

Totally didn’t show up when it mattered.

he’s a Matt Elliot mk2

Last edited:

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
Love or hate Ray Hadley, he was :100: correct in saying what most of us think, that being he can’t outcoach the top coaches in games
BA does not improve a side from rnd one.
He is unable to fix problems. We seen out issues after two weeks. The defense on both sides has been an issue with teams finding an overlap and scoring untouched to easy...
The NO support play has been going on for years.

South side had a Rookie backline basically and ate us up. Unsure if we have a game plan that suits our players.

With this side it cant beat smarter and better coached sides. Wont happen. Must turn them into a grubby grinding side. Slow that game down. March up field and play a game of forcemans back....
I think this is common knowledge for most, except the idiots who resigned him, because he was so in demand :joy:

TheRam

Coach
Don't get me started on 2022 either. We'll probably shit the bed then as well.

Well if BA is still here we will.

I told all you merkins this coach sucks. The old coot with a way more inferior pack and overall team wiped the floor with us. Can you all see now how badly coached we are? Surely there aren't anymore fence sitters or doubters?

Like I said before, it is a pity we just jumped the gun again and extended BA for another 2 years. Especially considering that no one was chasing him and he wouldn't of left anyway had there been anyone cos none of the better teams would ever have wanted him at this point.

If we hadn't re-signed him we could have gotten the old coot once his Souths commitments had finished. Look at how he just knows how to get the team ready even when they are a middle quality team. As long as he has decent playmakers and the rest are willing he will see to the rest. The man is old school and the best at it. Simple messages and a players coach that they all love. A winner.

We have a players coach too, but he is just a simpleton. A loser.

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
I think people just bag Gus because all they do is wear blue and gold glasses, but I can't say I've ever disagreed with his opinion on our premiership credentials. This team has played quite well at times throughout the year, but for mine they only reason they can ever be a contender is if a number of teams in the comp have significant injuries/suspensions come Finals. In reality, that was the case two months ago, two days ago, two hours ago and will still be the case in two months time.
Correct, where are the today?

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
The thing that mystifies me most is our edge defence has been diabolical for years and still no improvement? Can anybody clear this up for me?

84 Baby

Referee
Why did Robinson drop Flannagan? Why did McGuire drop Marshall? because sometimes it jolts a player into performing better. (And also sends a message to others.) And as far as improving his performance, Waqa certainly needs something. Matt Elliot last night on the radio said that he thought there was still a lot of effort in the Parramatta side. he also said they looked like a united group as they walked off at full-time. he said they probably still have a good general morale going on. But he said they looked very jaded, tired and stale on the field. They need some sort of rest or re-invigoration or change in things. he said that some coaches have managed to do that (implying that Brad Arthur hasn't). Just try harder?
Because Flanagan is a rookie (and potentially was dropped for other reasons), he isn’t a first grader yet while Bunji is at the other end of the scale. These are players who have excuses for not performing and being dropped can help remove those problems. Waqa should be in the prime of his career! He should know what problems he has and how to fix them. If BA needs to drop him then Blake is in the same situation as a rookie and a 40 year vet, meaning he is being overpaid if he’s not being paid as one of those 2. I think Blake is a good player with one minor deficiency. That minor deficiency though is a f**king basic though in that his tackling technique is horseshit. It’d be more effective if he just ran straight into his opponent.

And yes they should f**ken try harder cause they didn’t try at all last night. I said it weeks ago this was the game to go maximum effort like the Cows game. Obviously BA doesn’t read my posts.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Him having no answers is a concern. He admitted as much in his presser.
He had no answers the whole of 2018, then we get 60 points put in us and the club extends him. We beet the pathetic Broncos in the semis but the Storm game showed us where we really are. We hit he ground running after Covid but it seems we are back to our old ways. You can’t expect to win a comp where your coaches main game plan is to put enthuse the opposition and play tough.

it’s not 1970.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The thing that mystifies me most is our edge defence has been diabolical for years and still no improvement? Can anybody clear this up for me?
They should be made to do drills at training and be wired up so that they get an electric shock if they run in from the wing. It is the only way the dumb shits will learn.

Latest posts