What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17: EELS v Dolphins GAME DAY THREAD @ Sunshine Coast Stadium 24/6/23

Sean7

Juniors
Yea but dumb arse footy players see ruthless as putting on a cricket score.
Whether or not there's a lack of intelligence I don't know, but I feel like theirs a a lack of fight sometimes. The job's done, lets cruise to the finish line. Every minute should be used to get better and iron out the bugs. This core group has been together quite some time, along with the coach. I think there's a sense they can just turn it on when needed and that's why sometimes they just can't find the on switch. Penrith may not always play well, but the intent remains the same regardless.

T-Boon

Coach
Whether or not there's a lack of intelligence I don't know, but I feel like theirs a a lack of fight sometimes. The job's done, lets cruise to the finish line. Every minute should be used to get better and iron out the bugs. This core group has been together quite some time, along with the coach. I think there's a sense they can just turn it on when needed and that's why sometimes they just can't find the on switch. Penrith may not always play well, but the intent remains the same regardless.
I bet their fans don't always feel that way. They would switch off a lot I reckon.

That depends on the sentence.
If he gets a sentence that includes community service work he will probably get suspended but if the court gives him a CCO and a bond which I predict I don't think he will be suspended for longer than the month he will have been out.
And we can't forget the possibility that he is found not guilty too... but yes, if the sentence is community based/good behviour etc I suspect the NRl will have to re-instate him for the next round.

I expect Parra wiwll name him in jersey #22 for this weekend, unless he's indicated to the club that he intends to plead guilty/is himself resigned to a hefty senetence.

yy_cheng

Coach
Origin effected Mitch's mind set for this game. Too easy early, arguing with the referee and a few brain snaps. He will be bought back to earth next week. He knows his issues this week. Could be a good thing. Didnt effect his goal kicking.
The good thing about the 2nd half is that it will make a good video review session

yy_cheng

Coach
The kick that hammer scored off was an attacking kick for Gutho but i hope barrett talks him thru other potential options especially when u have a fb with the speed of hammer.

I like the play where moses ran onto the break. Sometimes him passing is wasted. Hopgood passed to carty who offloaded to a running moses was a difference in use of moses

Tooooks

Bench
And we can't forget the possibility that he is found not guilty too... but yes, if the sentence is community based/good behviour etc I suspect the NRl will have to re-instate him for the next round.

I expect Parra wiwll name him in jersey #22 for this weekend, unless he's indicated to the club that he intends to plead guilty/is himself resigned to a hefty senetence.
If he pleads not guilty, I doubt it will go to hearing during the footy season.

T-Boon

Coach

See this is one problem I have with this stand down policy. If he is stood down until after a trial then that will be something like a year out of the game. From a football perspective he is actually better off pleading guilty getting sentenced and getting back on the field (obviously that is only true if it is likely to be a non custodial sentence which this is or so I am assured by all my lawyer friends). He would likely get back on the field quicker with a guilty plea and much later if he fought for his innocence. That is f**ked.

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach
See this is one problem I have with this stand down policy. If he is stood down until after a trial then that will be something like a year out of the game. From a football perspective he is actually better off pleading guilty getting sentenced and getting back on the field. He would likely get back on the field quicker that way regardless of whether he did grab or not.
Can he get deported if he is convicted?

lingard

Coach
During that post match interview with Mitch I saw a resemblance to his uncle Benny Elias for the first time. It is in the eyes and the wider eye area of the face region.
Funny you should mention that; I thought the exact same thing.

Stevie

Bench
Can anyone share the post match interviews link? FoxSports is so geniused I cannot get any link, under NRL, videos etc.

yy_cheng

Coach
I said before, since moses week off for concussion, his gking has been superb. He must've worked heaps on it during that week. His kicks are also alot straighter than before