What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17: EELS v Dolphins GAME DAY THREAD @ Sunshine Coast Stadium 24/6/23

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
I think the importance of the win over Souths can't be underestimated.

We've been able to turn up and beat anyone on their day for the last 5 seasons, but Souths are a team that we couldn't get anywhere near...until 5 weeks ago...

And now, everything just seems to have changed for this mob. Mentally, we're a completely different side.

I've never seen them play with such confidence when it matters as they have done over the last month. This is a different squad than it was 6 weeks ago.

The final 8 weeks of the comp after the Bye could lead to anything. They just need to make is happen now.
Funny you mention this game. I watched it again this morning and your spot on. Our season was dead and up against the team we can’t beat it seemed impossible we would win. We lost so many winnable games …. Titans,Canberra Manly FFS!!
Yet we won and haven’t lost since

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
I still think our Premiership Tilt is on Dylan coming back.

We have been fortunate to ease Asi into the side against a Dogs, depleted Manly and Dolphins.

To challenge Penrith, Storm & Souths in the big games we need Dylan
Agree. If Dylan can get his shit together he could be the best player in the game and we’ll win a comp on the back of him

the phantom menace

First Grade
Yes dude. It’s obvious we both have tiny penises. But you’re the one trying to turn it into a competition.
Hmmm, me being the one who hasn't even mentioned genetalia...

Please stop trying to groom me.

creep pervert GIF

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
Yeah no disrespect to Asi but to win finals you need your big names there.

We are as good as chance as any but without Brown we just may fall short against the big guns.

Who was the last team to win GF day and have one of the main playmakers not there.

Look at Melbourne 2008 is the best example you can get
Broncos won with Shane Perry as their half back in 2006

eels_fan

First Grade
I think the only way it will end this week is a plea
Only way it ends this week would be if the case is dropped from the cops or thrown out by the magistrate?

Pleads guilty and sentencing will be a later date.
Pleads not guilty and either goes to another mention or trial at a later date.

lucablight

First Grade
Pleased with the win but a bit annoyed we couldn’t get the half century after the halftime score.
I was also rather disheartened at how slow the hammer made our guys looks. They didn’t even get close.

Gronk

Staff member
Only way it ends this week would be if the case is dropped from the cops or thrown out by the magistrate?

Pleads guilty and sentencing will be a later date.
Pleads not guilty and either goes to another mention or trial at a later date.
The crown tend not to fall on their sword so quickly. So a not guilty followed by charges dropped won’t happen for some time. Why ? Whilst the case is in the hands of the police prosecution, the prosecutor often takes instruction from the officer in charge (like a lawyer would). So they are unable to make an independent and informed decision based on the evidence. It’s not until the DPP get involved in a case where that separation occurs.

So as this will be an indictable offence, the DPP will then take over only when an election has been made. Then they will independently assess the evidence, throw it at the wall and see if it sticks. That can take months

Latest posts