What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17: EELS v Dolphins GAME DAY THREAD @ Sunshine Coast Stadium 24/6/23

King-Gutho94

Coach
I said before, since moses week off for concussion, his gking has been superb. He must've worked heaps on it during that week. His kicks are also alot straighter than before
Well it cost us the game against the Titans his Goal kicking and it wasnt the first time.

He kicks better when the score blows out

If he pleads not guilty, I doubt it will go to hearing during the footy season.
See this is one problem I have with this stand down policy. If he is stood down until after a trial then that will be something like a year out of the game. From a football perspective he is actually better off pleading guilty getting sentenced and getting back on the field (obviously that is only true if it is likely to be a non custodial sentence which this is or so I am assured by all my lawyer friends). He would likely get back on the field quicker with a guilty plea and much later if he fought for his innocence. That is f**ked.
Normally I am one to think what we publically know when these charges come down is nowhere near as bad as what actually went on (e.g. guilty Hayne), but I sense there might be a chance the 28 June Brown hearing is the final one in this case - one way or the other?

Brown's lawyers said something similar at the last hearing, so maybe it's a hearing, and sentencing/acquittal all in one go? I don't think this will drag out like some cases - after all, from what has been made public the five counts of the charge relate to just one minute in time... there's only so much talking you can do in court about the events of one minute.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I still think our Premiership Tilt is on Dylan coming back.

We have been fortunate to ease Asi into the side against a Dogs, depleted Manly and Dolphins.

To challenge Penrith, Storm & Souths in the big games we need Dylan
He is potentially our best player, and a big part of our cap.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yea but dumb arse footy players see ruthless as putting on a cricket score.
It doesn't really matter what you say to them. They know they're up by heaps. They also knew the game was over at half time. To go on with it you really need the opposition to give up. That was very unlikely with all those senior players Redcliffe have in the middle, especially after the Brookvale capitulation.

Tooooks

Bench
Normally I am one to think what we publically know when these charges come down is nowhere near as bad as what actually went on (e.g. guilty Hayne), but I sense there might be a chance the 28 June Brown hearing is the final one in this case - one way or the other?

Brown's lawyers said something similar at the last hearing, so maybe it's a hearing, and sentencing/acquittal all in one go? I don't think this will drag out like some cases - after all, from what has been made public the five counts of the charge relate to just one minute in time... there's only so much talking you can do in court about the events of one minute.
If he pleads not guilty, it will be set down for hearing months down the track.

If he pleads guilty, it’s possible he gets sentenced on the day.

Best case scenario the charges are withdrawn.

King-Gutho94

Coach
He is potentially our best player, and a big part of our cap.
Yeah no disrespect to Asi but to win finals you need your big names there.

We are as good as chance as any but without Brown we just may fall short against the big guns.

Who was the last team to win GF day and have one of the main playmakers not there.

Look at Melbourne 2008 is the best example you can get

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I'll wait for an assessment from @Legal Eel