What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parra v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 21/7/22

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You have a bad memory. You put money in Eels for top 4. That's cooked
And to win title. Also cooked.
So I am reminding you.
That’s so I don’t lose too much if we win more games ffs. If we win the grand final I’ll get $1300 but it won’t cover the thousands I bet on our finals opponents. Likewise the $400 I get for finishing top four won’t cover all the money I lose on us winning enough games to get there. But it will soften the blow. The $50 I have with you is meaningless, along with the $100 I had on top four and the $100 I had on the grand final win. I already put $300 on the Panthers to beat us next weekend ffs. If we win it’ll be worth it. If we lose I get paid.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He has been responsible for letting in 24 tries, the most for fullbacks. The next most is Reece Walsh with 17. Captain Gutho lol, give me a break.
That stat only matters in the context of how many attempts he’s had to make. We concede a lot of line breaks.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don't disagree. But do we concede more line breaks than everyone else in the comp?
We’ve definitely conceded more line breaks than every team whose fullback has played every game. This is why you need to look at stats in context. They’re only useful if you know how to interpret them. If you don’t you might as well just fall back on accusing merkins of circular logic or moving the goalposts.

Noise

Coach
We’ve definitely conceded more line breaks than every team whose fullback has played every game. This is why you need to look at stats in context. They’re only useful if you know how to interpret them. If you don’t you might as well just fall back on accusing merkins of circular logic or moving the goalposts.
I would also like to know how many of those 24 tries were a result of his mistakes from kicks, rather than line breaks. This is where he has gone down hill the most in my opinion.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I would also like to know how many of those 24 tries were a result of his mistakes from kicks, rather than line breaks. This is where he has gone down hill the most in my opinion.
Well I agree there. He is much worse this year, and we know his work rate and awareness only go so far in making up for his lack of speed.

Happy MEel

First Grade
The really sad thing about tonight was that The Broncos didnt look that much better. Our D was utter garbage.
Im glad BA thinks that this year is our best chance ever to go all the way. Im fu*ked if I know how we can do that based on what Ive seen this year. I love my footy and Ill be there again next Friday night but its very obvious our team is stagnant while other clubs are progressive. Something has to change. 2 and a bit more years of this and fans will desert in droves. 12000 last week, 11000 this week. Fans are extremel pis*ed noted by BAs booing.
Yep. I reckon crowd numbers is one metric that might lead to BA getting punted.

Legal Eel

Juniors
I was surprised when Chipmunk shared the defensive stats from the two previous seasons. I remember our defence being poor then as well, merkins constantly whinging about wingers coming in and me thinking it was because we compressed due to struggling with repeat efforts in the middle. Looking at the stats we weren’t bad at all. Good thing we have stats for when our shit memories fail us.
Be honest…at about the 35th minute of last night’s game you were harder than a cat’s head weren’t you?

These are the days for which you just live.

Enjoy months of trolling.

TheParraboy

Staff member
One thing that was glaring to me, and frustrated the crap out of me more than anything else

Broncos forwards were running off flatter passes heck of a lot more often than we were, and rolling through better

We regularly seemed to throw the ball back 3-5 metres for the runner to do a hit up, Ponys defence was up in our face in line with where the play the ball was basically.

This is one of the most basic drills we should be getting right every set, considering our forwards are our perceived strength. We should never be getting dominated this way, not for any great or little period.

Its either poor coaching (not enough repetetive drills at training) or the players are just not switched on and focused to do this on game day. Reeds service hasnt been the best this year, but guys should be timing their runs a lot better, so he can do his job better

There were times where Reed sent out a bullet flat pass to a hit up runner, and we gained metres really well, and we had some power runs, and gaps opened out wide in the Ponys defence.

We get this part of the game on song and we are 50/50 to beat Penrith next week. Unfortuntely mentally it seems theres quite a few players on a different page

I know Penisini is just a kid. But lord where has his electric pace gone? Last year and earlier in the year he was dynamic. A must signing long term. Either he is carrying a niggle or is the grind of regular NRL mentally draining him some, particularly confidence? No idea

Is Opacic still around? Waqa and Russell would be my wingers.

Anyhow, depresssing we are not playing better, we have the ability. Bench selection and game time utilisation for all 4 has to be better moving forward

Can we turn it around like we did last year after terrible losses late in the year?
At this juncture it doesnt appear so. Be glorious if we did. I think every Parra fan hopes so

Latest posts