What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parramatta v Warriors LIVE GAME DAY thread 27/7/19

JokerEel

Coach
Warriors were penalised for a high shot i believe yesterday greater than 10 metres out and we took a quick tap and they tackled use but the referee didn't sin bin the Warriors player, i was at the game so was wondering what i missed? Below are the reasons why there may not be a quick tap.........we never seem to get them in an advantage situation for us........

Penalty or Free Kick

A Penalty or Free Kick is to be taken in compliance with Section 13 (1) (a) and Section 13 (4) (a) of ‘The Australian Rugby League Laws of the Game and notes on the laws’.

A quick penalty restart is permitted on any infringement against the team not in possession except:

• » 10 metre penalties

• » Within 10 metres of the opposition goal line

• » Penalties resulting from kicks in general play

• » Where the Referee is required to take any further action

• » Where the mark has been advanced.

The Referee will give the team the ‘mark’ and all players from the team awarded the penalty must be onside.

The kimbo ref said he wasnt back even though the 2nd ref had already marked the spot...

I reckon the game is too hard to referee with the current rules. Who knows really when a player is held? The ref calls it but it's not black and white. And when the clock starts to get defenders off them, again it's the refs deciding how long they've got, just by counting in their head. And I have no doubt they're influenced by preconceived notions. Even after the game it's hard to determine how correct most of these decisions are. Bring on the robots.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Ive said it twice I am not impressed with Parry's defence, He runs the ball hard but he should not be in first grade until his defence improves playing for Wenty. I am getting a little sick of the Warriors complaining, The penalty count should have been 10 to 3, Parry was taken out when trying to catch a bomb and Gutherson should have been penalised for a strip.

Ethan is what, our 5th choice winger at this point in the season? When you get that far down the pecking order you've got to expect some deficiencies in a player's game. When we're able to field a full backline do you see him a part of it? I don't.

Jazz Tevaga also went through the ruck, over the top of Parry in the first half, very clear and easy ruck penalty to blow yet nothing happened. Those 2 refs let a lot go and if the warriors didn't come into the game with grubby tactics, going through the reason for penalties I counted either 3 or 4 dangerous tackle penalties, they wouldn't have lost the penalty count. Those 2 refs gave both sets of teams a very hard time on Saturday and are both out of depth refereeing an NRL game, but the penalty count wasn't one of the reasons.

Gronk

Staff member
^^^

Annesley said that the refs got 2 x strips wrong (Eels got penalties). The Sivo try was not a try because Dylan Brown knocked on and the Luke try was also not a try because of a knock on by Blair in the previous ruck.

He cannot say if the Warriors ruled forward pass was forward or not.

^^^

Annesley said that the refs got 2 x strips wrong (Eels got penalties). The Sivo try was not a try because Dylan Brown knocked on and the Luke try was also not a try because of a knock on by Blair in the previous ruck.

Why can't he say? Is there going to be a judiciary hearing about it?

What a load of spineless shit.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
How did we get so many favourable calls when BA never complains about the refs in the post match press conference?

Kornstar

Coach
^^^

How did we get so many favourable calls when BA never complains about the refs in the post match press conference?

Funny that they reviewed a few things but didn't address the Isaac Luke grounding with his neck and Parry taken out mid air trying to catch the ball.

They also made a point to say we scored off one of the mistakes but failed to mention the Warriors also scored right after their knock on.

It was quite evident that the referees were completely out of their depth and f**ked both sides equally.......

Noise

Coach
They also made a point to say we scored off one of the mistakes but failed to mention the Warriors also scored right after their knock on.
They did mention that:

Luke try was also not a try because of a knock on by Blair in the previous ruck

Kornstar

Coach
They did mention that:

Luke try was also not a try because of a knock on by Blair in the previous ruck

I didn't hear him specifically say that when he said it was a knock on. Did he say it later? Did he mention the Luke grounding? I stopped watching when it seemed like he was done with the reviews of the plays.

Did he mention Parry taken out in the air? The Warriors player was not playing for the ball.

Noise

Coach
I didn't hear him specifically say that when he said it was a knock on. Did he say it later? Did he mention the Luke grounding? I stopped watching when it seemed like he was done with the reviews of the plays.

Did he mention Parry taken out in the air? The Warriors player was not playing for the ball.

These are the things he said were incorrect
Annesley admitted that;

• The Warriors were incorrectly penalised for a legal strip on Dylan Brown by Chanel Harris-Tavita because Adam Blair had peeled off, which resulted in the Eels scoring the next set of six.

• Parramatta should have been penalised for a strip by Clint Gutherson on Beale with 13 minutes to go.

• Maika Sivo's 47th minute try should not have been allowed by the video referees because of a Brown knock on, which came off a Blake Green deflection.

• The referees missed a knock-on by Warriors back-rower Isaiah Papali'i midway through the first-half. https://au.sports.yahoo.com/nrl-ref...F8rlLTq1hpPFRF-zWdvdgoj0WQWpY4WeQ_JJkCgzXeJ-P

JokerEel

Coach
I cant believe those 4 bastards get dropped when sooooo much crap happens every week

That's what I do not get every week there is far worse refereeing but for some reason this week it's been highlighted by whinging coaches and the media...
I didnt see the refs allow all the tries in...

Gazzamatta

Coach
And if Kearney did a "Brad Arthur" and not said a word would there have been such a reaction?
The worse decision I saw all weekend was the Souths forward pass to win their game in the dying seconds vrs the Dragons. That was an absolute shocker.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm loving the Warriors' butt-hurt over this loss, tbh.

No admission from them that:

* Tuivasa-Sheck's pass was forward

* Luke did not ground the ball

* the Warriors scored a try from a blatant knock-on

Nope - the Warriors were robbed!

Lol f**king losers!

Latest posts