What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21 2022: Non Parra games

King-Gutho94

Coach
You give them far too much respect. Motivated Parramatta is too good for Penrith. Only cheating Penrith has beaten Parramatta in their last 3 games.
Absolutely look at the record between the 2 teams since 2020 when Penrith started there dominance.

Round 5 - Parra - 16-10 W - Came from behind and held on for final 10 mins.

Round 18 - Penrith - 20-2 L - No Mahoney or Dylan Brown in that game. Jai Field the 5/8 and Ray stone the dummy half.

Round 16 - Penrirh - 13-12 L - Moses misses a kick after the siren to win the game. No Mahoney for Parra or Cleary for Penrith. Was a 50/50 game.

Round 25 - Penrith - 40-6 L - Irrelevant as parramatta rested 8-9 players
Semi Final - Penrith - 8-6 L - Well we all know what happened here unfortunately we were just unlucky

Beat Penrith twice.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You give them far too much respect. Motivated Parramatta is too good for Penrith. Only cheating Penrith has beaten Parramatta in their last 3 games.
Parra need to be at their best and hope that Penrith are off slightly. Some luck is necessary as well. That's happened 2 of the last 3 games.

Assume they were both fully fit and played each other every week for the next 10 weeks. Do you really think Parra would win more games than Penrith?

What about if they played each other every week for 26 weeks?

You don't give Penrith enough respect. Even this bloke respects them:

since 2020 when Penrith started there dominance

lucablight

First Grade
Parra need to be at their best and hope that Penrith are off slightly. Some luck is necessary as well. That's happened 2 of the last 3 games.

Assume they were both fully fit and played each other every week for the next 10 weeks. Do you really think Parra would win more games than Penrith?

What about if they played each other every week for 26 weeks?

You don't give Penrith enough respect. Even this bloke respects them:

Penrith are huge overachievers and have found a way to be up almost every week. Good luck to them. Parramatta has shown they aren’t capable of doing that. That doesn’t mean Penrith has to not take us seriously for us to have a chance. That’s rather disrespectful to our team who have shown that when they play their best they can beat anyone. You’re conflating consistency with ceiling which is the wrong thing to do. If you had told me in 2017 that Melbourne had to have an off day for us to win then I would have agreed with you because they clearly outclassed us across the park. The gulf is not so deep between the Panthers and Eels today. If they were so good then NSW wouldn’t have lost 2 of the last 3 origin series. I would say Penriths dominance is a reflection of the current standard of the competition.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Penrith are huge overachievers and have found a way to be up almost every week. Good luck to them. Parramatta has shown they aren’t capable of doing that. That doesn’t mean Penrith has to not take us seriously for us to have a chance. That’s rather disrespectful to our team who have shown that when they play their best they can beat anyone. You’re conflating consistency with ceiling which is the wrong thing to do. If you had told me in 2017 that Melbourne had to have an off day for us to win then I would have agreed with you because they clearly outclassed us across the park. The gulf is not so deep between the Panthers and Eels today. If they were so good then NSW wouldn’t have lost 2 of the last 3 origin series. I would say Penriths dominance is a reflection of the current standard of the competition.
Your arguments hinge on a very small number of origin and NRL games. But worse still you casually dismiss 95% of the data by saying they are "huge overachievers". I really don't think you can credibly assess Penrith's "ceiling" given such strong bias.

I didnt say that Penrith has to "not take us seriously". I suggested that they need to be "off slightly". Of course its possible that Penrith and Parra can both be on and Parra wins but I'm suggesting its unlikely where as you are implying its likely. Big call to make based on a handful of games.

There is absolutely no way that you can convince me that Parra at their best are better than Penrith at their best. In fact, I'd argue that most rugby league fans would disagree with this.

lucablight

First Grade
Your arguments hinge on a very small number of origin and NRL games. But worse still you casually dismiss 95% of the data by saying they are "huge overachievers". I really don't think you can credibly assess Penrith's "ceiling" given such strong bias.

I didnt say that Penrith has to "not take us seriously". I suggested that they need to be "off slightly". Of course its possible that Penrith and Parra can both be on and Parra wins but I'm suggesting its unlikely where as you are implying its likely. Big call to make based on a handful of games.

There is absolutely no way that you can convince me that Parra at their best are better than Penrith at their best. In fact, I'd argue that most rugby league fans would disagree with this.
How am I dismissing most of the data when I acknowledged the fact that Penrith are more consistent? (That’s not even debatable). Again you’re conflating consistency with each teams maximum capability.
I was responding to Pou saying that we beat Penrith because they didn’t turn up twice. Maybe they were just beaten by the better team on the day? It’s nonsensical to say that we can only win if Penrith are below their best. That’s placing them on a pedestal to which they don’t belong. They’re obviously a great team but I just don’t think their players are that good to be doing what they’re doing. How many of their players would you say are on track to be all time greats like the Storm had with Slater, Cronk, Inglis, Munster, Smith? I’d say probably Cleary and maybe Yeo if you’re being generous.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
How am I dismissing most of the data when I acknowledged the fact that Penrith are more consistent? (That’s not even debatable).
You are using a couple of wins against Penrith to determine the 'maximum capability' of both sides.
Again you’re conflating consistency with each teams maximum capability.
I don't believe I am. I noted that comment in your earlier post and specifically addressed it. The Panthers at their best are better than the eels at their best imo.
I was responding to Pou saying that we beat Penrith because they didn’t turn up twice. Maybe they were just beaten by the better team on the day?
One of the games was against a 12 man Panthers sides so I think we can rule that one out. In the other game both teams were good but I dont think the Panthers played as well as they could of.

As I said earlier - Of course its possible that both teams play at their best and Parra win. Rubby league is a game of inches FFS.

I'm saying that its more likely that the Panthers will win if that occurs.

It’s nonsensical to say that we can only win if Penrith are below their best. That’s placing them on a pedestal to which they don’t belong.
I'm certainly not suggesting that. Given Pou was only talking about 2 games I suspect he wasn't either.

You've overreached and taken very specific comments and tried claim that a much broader point was being made. You do this all the f**ken time mate. You go searching for arguments that were never made in the first place.

They’re obviously a great team but I just don’t think their players are that good to be doing what they’re doing. How many of their players would you say are on track to be all time greats like the Storm had with Slater, Cronk, Inglis, Munster, Smith? I’d say probably Cleary and maybe Yeo if you’re being generous.
Chalk and cheese. Penrith are just as effective as the storm were but they do it in a different way. The talent is spread more evenly across the team.

hindy111

Post Whore
Penrith playing without a bunch of key players and also down a player for 10 mins yet still raiders don’t look like troubling them … adds a bit more credit to our effort last week

penrith are a great side …. Period !!

Kikau,Cleary and Luai out. Canberra in red hot form. I thought they would beat Penrith and best them well.
It shows what a side they are. Very well coached.

Latest posts