What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21: Manly v Parra GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park 5/8/22

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not sure many have questioned lanes ability or skill set. It’s his brain explosions that gives away penalties or six agains, or worse his consistent laziness. If he fixes those deficiencies he’s just as valuable to our team like any other edge forward to their team.
In attack he’s one of the best. In defence he is below average. Maybe the only edge forward whose half covers his defensive flaws.

strider

Post Whore
Saab could not get a start at the Dragons.

He wanted out. They werent keen to release him

New Manly winger Jason Saab has explained how he still leans on Paul McGregor for advice despite asking for a release towards the end of the ex-Dragons coach’s tenure.

Saab requested three releases from his St George Illawarra contract midway through last season after citing the commute to the Illawarra every morning as a reason for asking to quit the Red V.

T-Boon

Coach
If your judgment was any good you’d know he is top one, not top three.
You would have to know all the other ball playing edge forwards to know if that was true. I barely know any player outside of the eels now. There are several players who play origin that I haven’t heard of.

strider

Post Whore
You would have to know all the other ball playing edge forwards to know if that was true. I barely know any player outside of the eels now. There are several players who play origin that I haven’t heard of.
Ok, we will discard your judgement going forward ... lol

We seemed to do a decent job of fixing that after halftime.
The whole season we have beans leaking soft tries. Nothing has changed, one half of footy does not fill me with confidence. Our defence is one of the worst in the top 8. We shouldn’t be having this type of issue this far into a season.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Saab could not get a start at the Dragons.

He was 19 and 20 behind more experienced players whilst he was at the dragons. Similar situation as to what Russell is in now, the clubs know the talent they possess but unfortunately aren't able to find a regular spot for them in first grade. Saab requested a release because he didnt want to travel down to Wollongong for training anymore, a quick google search brings up a few articles stating this.

If the dragons "didn't see his potential" he wouldn't have been signed to them in the first place.

Latest posts