What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21 Warriors v Raiders - Matchday

nswarrior

Juniors
A huge game as we battle the Raiders for a top 4 spot. We have a close to full strength team with few changes in the backline for several weeks. Our defence has been solid all season and attack has really started to flow.

Ricky can fire up his team for big upsets and the Raiders have some big forwards.

We are strong favourites but this can be a banana skin game after a few good wins and an emotional last 2 weeks for SJ.

We should win this although the score line will be closer especially if it’s wet.

Warriors 18-14

Go Warriors!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Weather is supposed to clear by 5 and there will be a stiff cold breeze that’ll dry things out a little. Certainly won’t be like the Souths or Chooks games conditions wise.

JJ

Immortal
going to take more than a stiff cold breeze to dry Auckland out, it's just endless lol

Blair

Coach
I'm glad we're all realists and not getting too carried away with the good things that are happening this year.

Take recently being done over by Souths, for example. Yeah, it was ugly, especially with such a big, expectant, home crowd. But it's not like Souths aren't a good side and, therefore, aren't capable of catching us cold.

Leber

Bench
Massive banana skin game
-Wet track (poor record this year)
-Quick Back up (Raiders off the bye)
-Raiders have ALL their big guns back
-Raiders will want to avenge last time.

I'm actually putting this one down to a Loss unfortunately. I hope like hell I'm wrong

nswarrior

Juniors
Massive banana skin game
-Wet track (poor record this year)
-Quick Back up (Raiders off the bye)
-Raiders have ALL their big guns back
-Raiders will want to avenge last time.

I'm actually putting this one down to a Loss unfortunately. I hope like hell I'm wrong
Ricky is an emotional character and like a sook. He will have his team all fired up for this. Wet conditions level up the sides too.
Definitely banana banana skim game but I reckon we can sneak a win

sup42

Juniors
Probably looking at a vastly improved Raiders side this time round, given they are playing for a top four finals berth and have a nice run down hill.

Expecting a bit of an epic thriller tonight.

I don't usually subscribe to the must win game school of thought, but this is a game where we have to do our best to get the job done.

Pull off a win tonight and it is yet another big scalp for our hunting trophies.

If we get our defence right, we will have the edge, they are an attacking side, we are getting there on attack too.

Basically we have to try to win everything from here, bar one game, so it takes a lot of pressure off if we get through tonight, with a one loss get out of jail free card still in the back pocket to make top four.

Drop two games, which is very possible, and we are at the bottom of the eight.

hitro

Juniors
Not raining in Auckland right now (5.15pm) but rained really hard in the night an on and off most of the day. The hour by hour forecast model I follow has no more rain after 7, so prob wet grass but not torrential rain like Roosters an Souths games

Blair

Coach
A big penalty here! Obstruction, 18 out from the Raiders line.

We take the tap...and Niukore scores, after Egan goes down the short side. He fooled every one, bar Niukore!

6-0, five mins gone.