What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23 2023: Non Parra games

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We best Penrith when they where playing garbage. Tigers also best them not long after. They'd randomly us in a game that matters to them like they did in the grand final. The scoreline didn't reflect the game. 40 - 0 was more appropriate. Over in 15.
Townsville effect. We matched them in the first final until we lost Moses.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Probably help us if ponys beat cows?
They probably should win anyway, and we need all the help we can get.

Knights probably beating the Dolphins later will keep us behind them, and I think a draw between Souths and Sharks would keep us of climbing into the 8 even if we win?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon we had to do that to a few when no one was resigning back end of 2021

Could argue also are our halves worth what has been reported, or is it overs also to secure them?
We’ll never know how much they’re each getting paid. We can only compare the squad to others. We have a good squad, definitely top eight, but we’re not as good as Panthers/Broncos/Storm.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Didn't realise Nicho Hynes was 27yo already... I hadn't really noticed him until the last year or two, and assumed he was much younger/had more of a career in front of him.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Didn't realise Nicho Hynes was 27yo already... I hadn't really noticed him until the last year or two, and assumed he was much younger/had more of a career in front of him.

Late bloomer, but still a fair 10+ year career

Signed to the sharks till end of 2029, joined 2022

Played 3 years at Storm previously, joined 2019

Eelementary

Post Whore
It was a small sample. Prior to leaving Wests, Cleary had a losing record for his career, and he only got above 55% this year.

He had a 50% win rate at the Warriors, taking them to their second Grand Final appearance.

His stints at Penrith (not sure why), and the Tigers (well, I mean...it's the Tigers...) were poor, but then he returned to Penrith, and the rest of history.

I think he's shown he's as good a coach as any.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He had a 50% win rate at the Warriors, taking them to their second Grand Final appearance.

His stints at Penrith (not sure why), and the Tigers (well, I mean...it's the Tigers...) were poor, but then he returned to Penrith, and the rest of history.

I think he's shown he's as good a coach as any.
He has, but only since returning to Penrith. So what changed?

Bandwagon

Staff member
I reckon this could well be a blowout either way, neither of these sides have put up much of late.