What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24: 8pm EELS v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Gabba 11/8/23

The way our squad has played this year, they and our coach deserved to get beat by this margin when (apparently) our "season was on the line" - even though it truly sailed a month ago. The last round bye wasn't going to the saviour that we needed.

Chipmunk

Coach
The reality is this year had one of those seasons written all over from the time Matterson decided to keep $4k in his pocket instead of doing his job.

I said after Week 2 of the season, the entire season was going to be a waste of time, it was just going to take 6 months longer for us not to make the Top 8.

I don't think tonight's result was ever really in question, and I'm not even surprised by the scoreline given the circumstances throughout the game. For whatever reason we gave up far too easy tonight. The scoreline is a disgrace, but really it has been coming for a while now.

For whatever reason there are some unmotivated and disinterested players in this team at present. Hardly anyone really wants to do the hard stuff when it gets too hard.

There needs to be changes, the coaching staff has reached their use by date with this playing group. Either the coach needs to go or the players. The reality is, it's easier to get a new coach than a heap of new players.

Maybe the future next season is:

1. Russell
4. Brown/Gutherson
6. Gutherson/Brown
7. Moses

He's a bit too well paid now, but Arthur always had a fetish about trying Brown as a centre.

Latest posts