What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24: 8pm EELS v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Gabba 11/8/23

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Thank fk that's over and I'll probably be saying that after the Panthers game. They've got absolutely nothing. The most pathetic performance Ive seen. Too many missed tackles, blokes being too lazy, poor errors.

Tooooks

Bench
When was the last time a grand finalist missed the finals the following season, not including teams having points stripped?

I think Dragons missed out in 2000.

Soto

Bench
The reality is this year had one of those seasons written all over from the time Matterson decided to keep $4k in his pocket instead of doing his job.

I said after Week 2 of the season, the entire season was going to be a waste of time, it was just going to take 6 months longer for us not to make the Top 8.

I don't think tonight's result was ever really in question, and I'm not even surprised by the scoreline given the circumstances throughout the game. For whatever reason we gave up far too easy tonight. The scoreline is a disgrace, but really it has been coming for a while now.

For whatever reason there are some unmotivated and disinterested players in this team at present. Hardly anyone really wants to do the hard stuff when it gets too hard.

There needs to be changes, the coaching staff has reached their use by date with this playing group. Either the coach needs to go or the players. The reality is, it's easier to get a new coach than a heap of new players.
Very well said...

Chipmunk

Coach
When was the last time a grand finalist missed the finals the following season, not including teams having points stripped?

I think Dragons missed out in 2000.
Who do you think? Although the Warriors also did it after us

crocodile

Bench
Earlier in the half, when the game was still in the balance, we had way many more tackles in the opposition red zone - but didn't even look a chance to score, through ball in hand or through our kicking options (which can't even land repeat sets).

Woeful in attack al year, despite Pou's stats claims. And we can all see with our eyes how our defence has declined - middle and edges.
Attack hasn't been woeful. We've scored 543 points this season with only two ahead of us. It's the 522 against that is far more concern.

King-Gutho94

Coach
The reality is this year had one of those seasons written all over from the time Matterson decided to keep $4k in his pocket instead of doing his job.

I said after Week 2 of the season, the entire season was going to be a waste of time, it was just going to take 6 months longer for us not to make the Top 8.

I don't think tonight's result was ever really in question, and I'm not even surprised by the scoreline given the circumstances throughout the game. For whatever reason we gave up far too easy tonight. The scoreline is a disgrace, but really it has been coming for a while now.

For whatever reason there are some unmotivated and disinterested players in this team at present. Hardly anyone really wants to do the hard stuff when it gets too hard.

There needs to be changes, the coaching staff has reached their use by date with this playing group. Either the coach needs to go or the players. The reality is, it's easier to get a new coach than a heap of new players.
The club needs to do a full and brutal review of the football program from first grade to reserve grade.

It's been in a comfort zone I feel resting on making the GF last year.

I hope the silver lining is actually missing the finals may be the rocket the club needs to get off its arse reassess what we are actually doing isn't working and rise again.

Scraping in and finishing 8th going out week 1 or 2 may have meant another pat on the back and successful season.

Missing the finals means no ones position is safe from coaches to support staff & administration.