What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd25 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Suncorp Aug 23rd

JokerEel

Coach
Don’t disagree with you mate. I wouldn’t have 1% of Ivan’s footy knowledge or smarts. I’m just saying, I’ve watched the kid all year and I just don’t see it. But I am probably wrong. His defence is f**king tragic however

I can't believe we offered him 500k a season and the Fullback spot...

I hope when Ryles jumped on board put some hard truths to Blaize when they spoke

Happy MEel

First Grade
Well a 3 times premiership winning coaching of the greatest nrl side of the last 30 years rates him highly and agrees with me.... .....and I suspect Cleary has more footy knowledge than you could ever dream off......
He hadn’t seen a consistent pattern of Ron Massey cup level defence when he signed him. He saw a few decent line runs and a decent carry. That does not make for a well rounded 5/8.

I can't believe we offered him 500k a season and the Fullback spot...
Someone needs to be sacked for that alone. I think it was post-BA, so some f**ker still at the club has to take responsibility for that stupidity.
I hope when Ryles jumped on board put some hard truths to Blaize when they spoke
Maybe Ryles just asked the kid what position he thinks he can actually play in a first grade career, because I just can't see it.

Avenger

Immortal
Well a 3 times premiership winning coaching of the greatest nrl side of the last 30 years rates him highly and agrees with me.... .....and I suspect Cleary has more footy knowledge than you could ever dream off......
I rate Ivan but he has had his own brain farts with player signings. Josh Reynolds for $900k? There were plenty of others.

Ironically, the PO strategy might work in our favour with Drown. If he f**ks off wherever BA is or the Warriors, our cap balance suddenly looks a lot better. I reckon we could get Galvin for $600-$700k, save a few hundred thousand in the cap and have a BETTER half.
I agree Galvin will become a much better player than Drown. Unfortunately the kid will be worth 1m easily next time he’s off contract. Every team in the comp should be after him but I severely doubt anyone at Parra has the nous to make it happen.

Latest posts