What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd25: EELS v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 18/8/23

84 Baby

Referee
I was thinking we were going to have Mad Monday next Friday. Silly me, we had Mad Monday 3-4 weeks ago. Certainly playing like we’ve had a session

Bandwagon

Staff member
You can just see there is no talk or trust on our edges, merkins are trying to solve problems all by themselves and we are just opening up.

Legal Eel

Juniors
I have a question for emjaycee.

when you called six weeks ago that we wouldn’t win another game, what exactly was it that you knew that informed that call?

I’m curious because it was an odd call from someone usually so positive, so I’m curious what problems in the club made you such a fatalist?

We all know it, we all can see it. This squad is way behind the required defensive structures and capability (and motivation?) required to compete.

Letting in three tries in the twenty minutes before half time - that Tedesco try was abysmal (and we're talking a pretty sub-par out of form version of Tedesco now too)!

Sure, we're missing Moses and Lane from our best possible 13 - but that shouldn't make such a difference in defensive performance, when you've got also Matterson (who seems contractually obliged to start from the bench) in the mix.

And don't get me started about the attack...

eels_fan

First Grade
Hard to imagine a worst possible performance.
Sivo’s brain still suspended
Gutho’s challenge
The entire left side defence

in good news Bali has cheap flights in 2 weeks so the boys can head over there and get smashed while the final round plays out. Hopefully some get their boogie boards filled with narcotics and free up some money on our cap

I have a question for emjaycee.

when you called six weeks ago that we wouldn’t win another game, what exactly was it that you knew that informed that call?

I’m curious because it was an odd call from someone usually so positive, so I’m curious what problems in the club made you such a fatalist?
I thought he must have been being sarcastic, or attempting satire about people that weren't showing positivity?

Turns out he's close to completely on the money.

eels_fan

First Grade
Sure, we're missing Moses and Lane from our best possible 13 - but that shouldn't make such a difference in defensive performance
Watching this game, if I didn’t know our team, I’d think we were missing 6-7 first grade players tonight and were running out half a team on debut

Latest posts