What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd26: EELS v Panthers GAME DAY THREAD @ BlueBet Stadium 24/8/23

bazza

Immortal
Gee imagine those couple of games we had the opposition on toast like the Knights, Dolphins & Manly. And settled for 30 point wins when we should have won all those 3 games by 50+.

That Newcastle game we bombed 5 easy tries we should have scored 70 that night.

Throw in another 18 points for each of those wins and we would almost have had our F/A on par with Souths
or the gold point loss to melbourne
or the games against Sharks, Manly and Titans where goal kicking/one easy try let in was the difference

I hated BA's presser yesterday (and quotes in articles this week) where he separates effort from the poor performance(s).

There's no point celebrating the effort if that effort didn't result in quality performance - it's like congratulating a bunch of kids for trying really hard to pick their noses, when what they needed to do was tidy their f**king rooms...

King-Gutho94

Coach
I hated BA's presser yesterday (and quotes in articles this week) where he separates effort from the poor performance(s).

There's no point celebrating the effort if that effort didn't result in quality performance - it's like congratulating a bunch of kids for trying really hard to pick their noses, when what they needed to do was tidy their f**king rooms...
Yep he has gone soft over the years.

This was in 2019 after we copped a pasting to the Sharks in the shire.

Some pretty damning quotes from BA after that match and from that game we went on a decent run won 9 from our last 12 games & came 5th and didn't miss the finals again until this year.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Who knows mate, we might win tonight and have a poor effort ?

Parra Pride

Referee
I’m actually quietly optimistic about tonight, I don’t know why but I just feel like the boys will show up tonight put in the effort, fight like their lives depend on it and just try to at least give us a good note to end this abomination of a year on. Penrith by 50.

hindy111

Post Whore
1999 was the year IMO, we were up 10 or 12 nil at half time and bombed at least 3 tries only to get beat by the scum off a forward pass. I remembered they also scored straight off a strip off Burty. Hagan was not our friend that not. You can’t help bad luck.

I also remember that strip. It was missed and would of been a penalty and us on the attack. It completely changed the game.

The Predictor

Juniors
Sorry, what have I done wrong again and if I was more like you, what would change other than my blood pressure ?
Ambitious and having expectations like me ?i
Remember in 2003 when we needed to Penrith in the last round by about 40 odd points and we got to 16-0 in the first 10 minutes and Wags got to the last defender and had to pass to Dykes which would of made it 22-0 then decided to go himself...

crazy times..
It was pissing down

Suitman

Post Whore
I'll watch the game tonight, but I really don't care what the result is tbh, because I have no expectation one way or another.
I've once again lost interest.
Another failed season. 37 years and counting.
Absolutely pathetic for a club of our stature and potential, our (supposed) huge juniors' potential and massive supporter base and membership and a thriving Leagues Club.
The Tigers have an excuse for being pathetic. We don't.
It's just depressing. Season after season.
Anyway, go Parra.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'll watch the game tonight, but I really don't care what the result is tbh, because I have no expectation one way or another.
I've once again lost interest.
Another failed season. 37 years and counting.
Absolutely pathetic for a club of our stature and potential, our (supposed) huge juniors' potential and massive supporter base and membership and a thriving Leagues Club.
The Tigers have an excuse for being pathetic. We don't.
It's just depressing. Season after season.
Anyway, go Parra.
Mate the coach has apologised and as long as long as the team try that’s all that matters. You can’t expect more from a professional sporting organisation.

Latest posts