What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: LIVE game day thread EELS v Panthers

Agreed. A bit of variety puts the defence in two minds. We were so keen to get at Maloney (who missed ten tackles) that they saw it coming and forced some rushed plays. We need to take our medicine when it's not on. And, as you say, throw some variety at them. Get the defence to make some mistakes.

We did it last year, but last year we were confident.

more importantly we need to have some PATIENCE it was 10-6 for a long time we had lots of chances

try for a repeat set when we are in the opposition 20 rather than go for the miracle ball (and drop it)

take the tackle if the defence is sliding rather than try to put the winger away and get him bundled into touch

Chipmunk

Coach
If we can keep playing with today's effort, those 3 could be the key to us going on a run. Gutherson has the energy, French try scoring ability and Hayne the class factor. Would rather have them then not!!

Time will tell. I'd say by the time they're all on the field together we will have nothing to lose.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I think our shifts have been even more ineffective because we’ve had Smith out the back who has zero ball playing skills. We need a fullback and fast.

tripster

Juniors
I am a Panther's fan, and having lost our first 7 games in a row to start last season, know what you Eels fans are going through - particularly when you were ear marked as a top 4 side prior to the start of the season (for some reason last year we were premiership favourites).

Then we also got a bunch of early injuries.

The similarities are really quite uncanny.

However, without intending to talk Penrith up, I think you would have beaten most other sides today. Your attitude in the forwards and in defence was excellent. It took incredible commitment from Penrith in defence (the sort of commitment Penrith is usually incapable of) and some luck with your team making mistakes in attack at key moments for you to lose that game.

I wouldn't think the sky is falling in. You'll towel up some sides soon, and if you string a few win together will be back in the running. Once your team has a bit of confidence your attack and other things will start to click together.

I am a Panther's fan, and having lost our first 7 games in a row to start last season, know what you Eels fans are going through - particularly when you were ear marked as a top 4 side prior to the start of the season (for some reason last year we were premiership favourites).

Then we also got a bunch of early injuries.

The similarities are really quite uncanny.

However, without intending to talk Penrith up, I think you would have beaten most other sides today. Your attitude in the forwards and in defence was excellent. It took incredible commitment from Penrith in defence (the sort of commitment Penrith is usually incapable of) and some luck with your team making mistakes in attack at key moments for you to lose that game.

I wouldn't think the sky is falling in. You'll towel up some sides soon, and if you string a few win together will be back in the running. Once your team has a bit of confidence your attack and other things will start to click together.
f**k off, merkin!! We know we're shit!!

Chipmunk

Coach
Big ask for a bloke coming back from his second ACL to be an immediate saviour. Is there any evidence that players who have returned from their second ACL have immediately returned to the form they had before they were injured?

Bazal

Post Whore
Big ask for a bloke coming back from his second ACL to be an immediate saviour. Is there any evidence that players who have returned from their second ACL have immediately returned to the form they had before they were injured?

Lol. Yay negativity!!!

Is there any evidence that anyone has said he'll be the saviour?

He'll bring his infectious attitude at the very least.

Agent0

Juniors
Not many.

Noise

Coach

People expecting Gutho to be our saviour and be in the form he was in last year are going to be disappointed. Is going to take a while

Chipmunk

Coach
Lol. Yay negativity!!!

Is there any evidence that anyone has said he'll be the saviour?

He'll bring his infectious attitude at the very least.

I'll be happy if he comes back and takes a few runs for mine. Anything more I think is a stretch.

Djay

Juniors
All I know is the addition of either Hayne, French or Guth would be massively welcomed, injuries aren’t an excuse but we miss there class throughout our backline currently.

Only Jennings is the one with any real strike.

Could be a big team morale booster having Guth back, we need something or anything right now.

It is a huge ask of him also coming off his second ACL, but we are desperate, as long as his not rushed.

Latest posts