What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: LIVE game day thread EELS v Panthers

Bazal

Post Whore
we had more than enough possession today to win the game we just have to do something with it

Confidence is a big thing. Poor confidence leads to small but significant errors...like Moses trying to play the ball too quick and blowing a golden opportunity, or Hoffman dropping the pass with the line open.

I doubt either of those happen if we were 4-0 instead of 0-4. It sucks but it's the way it goes

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tight games mean f**k all when we continue to lose. What kind of possession do you think we need to actually score more tries than the opposition?
We could've scored more today but we were unlucky. When your confidence is down you don't create your own luck. It took us seven weeks to find our groove last year and start winning with equal possession. Prior to that we only won with more than 55% of the ball.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I know it's probably not possible but maybe BA has made some mistakes by not taking the 2
He's got his reasons. He might not have confidence in Moses' goal kicking in his current mindset. Like I said, Arthur's job is to manage risk, and unlike us he has the most information.

hindy111

Post Whore
Confidence is a big thing. Poor confidence leads to small but significant errors...like Moses trying to play the ball too quick and blowing a golden opportunity, or Hoffman dropping the pass with the line open.

I doubt either of those happen if we were 4-0 instead of 0-4. It sucks but it's the way it goes

So why did Edwards make a few stupid errors but they are 4-1. Your realy are a twit

Incorrect

Coach
We could've scored more today but we were unlucky. When your confidence is down you don't create your own luck. It took us seven weeks to find our groove last year and start winning with equal possession. Prior to that we only won with more than 55% of the ball.
Deadset, Malcolm Turnbull could use your spinning skills tomorrow when he loses his 30th straight Newspoll...

hindy111

Post Whore

Do you consider our try today luck ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do you suggest we do not change anything and eventually things will turn?
Everything changes every week anyway. The opposition is different. Injuries force changes to the lineup. The bounce of the ball and the ref's calls are different.

I'm certain we have some players we want back in the team but until they're available we have to pick who's left.

Noise

Coach
Over what time frame? Does he need to win every game or just a certain amount over the course of a season?

You do not have to win every game. You have to win some games - half of them. You certainly can't win zero games.

Does anyone know the who the last team was that started 0-5?

hindy111

Post Whore
What was lucky about it? It was a dangerous kick between defenders. The chase was good. It was always a chance of being dropped. Mansour f**ks up every week and Edwards is only 22 years old.

Pure luck. They got in each others way which caused an error and eels scored.