What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: LIVE game day thread EELS v Panthers

Eelementary

Post Whore
If people are hoping that Gutherson will turn us around they're dreaming - while he has not missed any tackles this season, he's also attempted zero.

Same goes for runs.

He's just a bludger with a bludgy haircut, tbh.

Dibs

Bench
I am a Panther's fan, and having lost our first 7 games in a row to start last season, know what you Eels fans are going through - particularly when you were ear marked as a top 4 side prior to the start of the season (for some reason last year we were premiership favourites).

Then we also got a bunch of early injuries.

The similarities are really quite uncanny.

However, without intending to talk Penrith up, I think you would have beaten most other sides today. Your attitude in the forwards and in defence was excellent. It took incredible commitment from Penrith in defence (the sort of commitment Penrith is usually incapable of) and some luck with your team making mistakes in attack at key moments for you to lose that game.

I wouldn't think the sky is falling in. You'll towel up some sides soon, and if you string a few win together will be back in the running. Once your team has a bit of confidence your attack and other things will start to click together.
See hindy111, this is how a good panther supporter posts in an eels thread

T.S Quint

Coach
Well, that was pretty shit.
I mean, if we had won a few games already this year, it wouldn't have been so bad.
But we are so desperate for a damn win that every loss just gets harder and harder to take.
I'm glad we defended well. I'm glad we were able to keep them to only one try. I'm glad we seemed to have some energy and enthusiasm in our play again.
But once again we show nothing in attack, have poor ball control, and concede penalty goals. Our halves look clueless, and our forwards have no penetration. No one is drawing defenders, opening up holes. It's a problem. I don't know how to fix it, but we really need to do something about it soon.
Trips to Canberra have been historically a loss for us. We will be long odds to get a win down there. I can only hope we can play a better attacking game, while also keeping our defensive resolve.

f**k me, this is not an easy team to follow at times.

As others have mentioned, Gutho might not set the world on fire upon his return but his enthusiasm is invaluable. At least when he gets up other players they don't mind. Also better quality than whomever makes way.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
- 0-5
- attack is pedestrian
- Struggling to score tries
- Refusing to take the 2 when on offer which would get us in the game
- Heading to Canberra next week (who found a bit of form) where we are notoriously bad and are a high chance of going 0-6.

- But showed a bit more effort....Tops!
It’s very exciting.

amitropo

Juniors
I generally look at out first kick chase and defending line speed after 2 or 3 sets and know if we are in the game or not.
Our chasers after kicks are 30m away from their fullback return.
We generally wait for them to uproach us in defense rather limit their meters.
How many time has thurston or other halves kicked and been first one down to tackle.
We allow teams easy meters and become exhausted pushing out of our half then and causing mental fatigue and brain snaps I believe

hindy111

Post Whore
Daniel Alvaro has missed five tackles this year, from 197 attempts....just putting it out there

Yes we get it he can tackle, so can Mannah. Plenty of first grade props can tackle well and hit the ball up well. These two might be good defenders but get belted carting it up.
If all you can do is defend then I want to see some sort of Morley style hits.
When has either pulled off a bone crunching tackle? The answer is never. They both try hard and work. Same as Scott. They all could do a handy job in most nrl teams.
We do not need all 3 of them.

Check out the Dragons pack.

Latest posts