What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6: Eels v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium 18/4/22

Everything happens so fast at the ground. I had to rewatch that attacking set to put my mind to rest what happened when we had the ball.
It was a balls up the last few sets. Moses had to take control but he didn’t. No clear communication demanding what the next play had ro be or where to run. Instead you had plodders like Mitch rein f**king things up passing the ball Backwards killing momentum

King-Gutho94

Coach
What a pathetic attitude today. Once again they are reading their own hype. It doesnt matter who you are up against, you have to be switched on today. The performance from the Eels was well below par, things like missed tackles, handling errors, poor decision making, they deserved to lose that.

If they are fair dinkum on being a top 4 side, they would need to improve by a thousand today.

I'm completely disgusted.
Yeah just when you think we have got rid of those type performances we dish that up on probably the biggest home game of the year.

King-Gutho94

Coach
It was a balls up the last few sets. Moses had to take control but he didn’t. No clear communication demanding what the next play had ro be or where to run. Instead you had plodders like Mitch rein f**king things up passing the ball Backwards killing momentum
I was suprised everyone was rapping rein in the pre-season with his signing. And he could overtake Mahoney.

I know everyone including myself is dirty on Mahoney for leaving.

But Rein is a ok player and a depth signing for cover that's all not your number one dummy half.

Parra Pride

Coach
Meanwhile on the other side of the field you had Jackson f**king Hastings steering his shit around like Joey Johns.

Parra Pride

Coach
He was already rolling way before Brown made contact. Plus he came from the opposite side.
Yes, and if Brown just didn't jump in (also Opacic coming around to make a second effort) it would've been a double movement, but you give him the extra momentum from that and it's all too easy to just award the try.

I was suprised everyone was rapping rein in the pre-season with his signing. And he could overtake Mahoney.

I know everyone including myself is dirty on Mahoney for leaving.

But Rein is a ok player and a depth signing for cover that's all not your number one dummy half.
He’s come on in both the Titans and Tigers game and had an impact but unfortunately in both games his Impact has been for the opposition. Dot rate him. Tigers number 9 was great before he got injured

hindy111

Post Whore
Do you mean Marata or Makatoa is the plodder?

Makatoa. Marata was one of our best....

Anyhows good game to lose. We will learn from it imo and that's important.
BA will realise what does and doesn't work.

We probably need to be close to full strength to have any chance of doing anything.
Jnr and Blake will help as will Sivo. We have no power game from the backs without Blake and Sivo. It hurts.

Tigers exposed us. I fear Souths and Manlys style would give us nightmares and worried what Ponga and Best will do to us next week.

RCG might be out. Hopefully BA doesn't waste Marata out wide. Let Perham play.

Parra Pride

Coach
Coming from the left but he rolled from the right..

It will be a Penalty next week.
You can't call a double movement when he hasn't grounded the ball yet, if Brown doesn't jump on him and he continues rolling it's a double movement. Brown jumped on him, gave him extra momentum in his roll and took away the double movement call. It's pretty simple.

JokerEel

Coach
You can't call a double movement when he hasn't grounded the ball yet, if Brown doesn't jump on him and he continues rolling it's a double movement. Brown jumped on him, gave him extra momentum in his roll and took away the double movement call. It's pretty simple.

Right arm touched the ground with Opo touching him. (It's pretty simple)

He is held and it doesn't matter what Brown does.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Makatoa. Marata was one of our best....

Anyhows good game to lose. We will learn from it imo and that's important.
BA will realise what does and doesn't work.

We probably need to be close to full strength to have any chance of doing anything.
Jnr and Blake will help as will Sivo. We have no power game from the backs without Blake and Sivo. It hurts.

Tigers exposed us. I fear Souths and Manlys style would give us nightmares and worried what Ponga and Best will do to us next week.

RCG might be out. Hopefully BA doesn't waste Marata out wide. Let Perham play.

He shouldve been put on earlier, I can tell this experiment wasnt working.

They needed another forward up the middle in the second half.

Snoochies

First Grade
I don't know why, maybe just experience but I wasn't surprised by that performance. I watched the game with a diehard Tigers fan who was speechless after the game and nearly in tears. I told him the game will be close and Tigers would score the first try. I don't bet but he laughed at me and bought me a beer for calling it.
I said we were depleted, you blokes will be up for it. I thought we'd jag the win but never were we going to flog this team. I wish I did gamble sometimes but now we have Newy at Newy and they are coming back from a loss. We have a hard draw coming, today we needed that win. May very well determine how we roll on to the rest of the season. Can't see a premiership happening.

Latest posts