What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8: 8pm EELS v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ TIO Stadium - Darwin 21/4/23

eels_fan

First Grade
I think the Broncos strength is also where they are most are susceptible. Walsh, Cobbo, Mann and Staggs are in fine form, but they can also be littered with errors. I think its really important we turn the early part of the game into field position dominance through Moses kicking. Chasing points in the conditions wont be great, and the off the cuff football the broncos young guys like to play is risky. Important we dominate early and score first. Oh, and take out Reynolds in the first 15mins. Have Paulo and Matto running at him early

Chipmunk

Coach
Interesting game this one. The conditions makes it a very open contest for mine.

We're certainly capable of getting the two points, no matter how good the Broncos have been.

But, I can't tip us with any confidence in any game at the moment, I would need to see a lot more from us.

I think all we got last week besides the two points is a further masking of our deficiencies. We'll see how we go I guess.

emjaycee

Coach

Gazzamatta

Coach
I don't think Walsh will handle the conditions and may force a lot of errors. Same as Cobbo.
Brisbane love to move the ball. If we rush up and get into their faces we win and win well
Wow! Yeah the footys are very slippery when players are sweaty. Hope you are right mate. I cant wait.

Tooooks

Bench
I do rate the Broncos but they have been kissed on the dick with probably the softest draw in the comp thur far.

They did beat Penrith away in round 1 which is impressive, but then they had:

- Cowboys at home
- Dragons at home
- Dolphins “away” at Suncorp
- Tigers home
- Raiders home
- Titans away

This game should give a good indication. Of where both teams are at. Should be about 28 degrees at kickoff with a chance of showers.

I have no clue how this game will play out.