What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8: 8pm EELS v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ TIO Stadium - Darwin 21/4/23

Delboy

First Grade
Not sure if it is coincidental, but one of the female refs was in the bunker tonight, and how the heck did Hass stay on the field.it was the worst of the 3 hip drops, not even sure Hopgood was actually one. The golden boy coupled with sending the Donkeys down to 11 should not play a part in any decision.

Hope something is made about that in the presser

JokerEel

Coach
Hopgood
Hands
Greig

Played ok for bench players Hands has a bad pass from dummy half but took some good runs and backed up offloads..

Eel2reel

Juniors
I had what? 10 years of B Smith? Now I'll have 12/13 with this complete nitwit. That's about half my life with coaches who had absolutely no magic, no spirit, no genius, no freaking clue. Coaches who make Michael Hagan look like a leader of men. Why why why do I do this to myself...

Bandwagon

Staff member
Brisbane hit Cruise control in the 2nd half. We never where in the game. Score flattered us. Struggled to create anything.

We need 2 x more backs and another prop. Simmons and Russel are solid back ups.

Yeah nah, we beat them through the middle, and pretty much dominated the second half.

Some dumb passes and dud calls kept them in the game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not sure if it is coincidental, but one of the female refs was in the bunker tonight, and how the heck did Hass stay on the field.it was the worst of the 3 hip drops, not even sure Hopgood was actually one. The golden boy coupled with sending the Donkeys down to 11 should not play a part in any decision.

LOL as if our coach will say boo, he's f**king gutless. Wouldn't want to risk 10k thats a trip to Bali for the bogan.

yy_cheng

Coach
Hopgood
Hands
Greig

Played ok for bench players Hands has a bad pass from dummy half but took some good runs and backed up offloads..
Hands had to be more alert. Everyone knows hopgood will try an offload as well as other players.

Sometimes i think bas power play game plan just kills the players instinct.

Bandwagon

Staff member

Hopgoods was not a hip drop, Manns was 50/50, Hass' was the worst of the lot, all I can say there is WTF.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I had what? 10 years of B Smith? Now I'll have 12/13 with this complete nitwit. That's about half my life with coaches who had absolutely no magic, no spirit, no genius, no freaking clue. Coaches who make Michael Hagan look like a leader of men. Why why why do I do this to myself...
Brian Smith is Jack Gibson while Bea Arthur is Paul Langmack by comparison.

Smith had his faults but Arthur is a deadset potato by comparison.

We really need to get rid of ba.

The players are signed . We need new ideas. We need to freshen things up.
Maybe once Moses contract is confirmed, the hunt for a future (new) coach can properly begin.

If I was Brown (and maybe Moses depending how he's structured his deal), I would have made a change of coach a key aspect of the next player option. The coaching is so one dimensional, and these players simply won't grow to potential without something changing.