What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re Tony Williams

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not, they're playing by the rules, if we nicked Tony Williams from Manly, we'd be doing cartwheels

too big an if Fishy

when have Manly ever had any decent juniors and when have we ever pinched a junior from them, or any other club for that matter

would never happen

TheRam

Coach
I don't care anymore. I will always love Para but I will not care to much from now on. The Dead sh*ts that run the joint are worthless, and have taken out all the fun of following this club. I will find other things to do with my time from now on.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why wouldn't our Juniors be pissed, they see the top side playing like busted arse's and still being picked week in and week out and no chance of a promotion. And if they do finally get a go eg KK they get dropped for no reason anyway :?

fish eel

Immortal
too big an if Fishy

when have Manly ever had any decent juniors and when have we ever pinched a junior from them, or any other club for that matter

would never happen

we nick juniors all the time Twiz.

How many of our juniors that come through are Parramatta Juniors?

We just get the kids younger. If we're not smart enough to have our best young talent tied up, then this is the consequence

Fathead

Bench
Why wouldn't our Juniors be pissed, they see the top side playing like busted arse's and still being picked week in and week out and no chance of a promotion. And if they do finally get a go eg KK they get dropped for no reason anyway :?

And that IMHO is the main root of all our ills.
You simply MUST reward good performances. If the top team was playing perfectly then those in the lower grades would have to lift to be considered.
You just cannot explain to a young footy player who you have asked to perform week in and week out, that you are going with the tried and tested because 6 weeks ago they had a good game.
Very soon you lose incentive and when hungry clubs come around promising to play them in the 'big show' - they will go.
The ONLY criteria for getting a jersey in the main team must be performance.

If you tell a NYC player that in the event that he plays well and the 'senior' player is not playing that well, he will then get his chance, certain things will happen.

1. The senior player will make sure that he plays as well as he can to avoid being relegated.
2. The junior player will put more pressure on the senior player, KNOWING that there is a chance that they will be selected.

AND most importantly...

3. When other teams come knocking telling our juniors that they will offer them a chance in the big show, then the reason that they are not already playing NRL is entirely thier own doing as Parra always gave them a chance.

Fix this and we will go a long way to being a successful club - and will keep our juniors.

Kornstar

Coach
Then why did KK sign an two year contract??

Notice that he debuted the week before he signed, played one more week then is dropped for no reason, Hagan has alot to answer for imo!!!!

Seriously, anyone who questions why our players may not reach their full potential need to look no further than our ridiculous development program when it comes getting a go in first grade.....

Development is great until it gets to protecting our overpaid hacks who are playing first grade!!! Wagon, Lowrie, Robinson (to an extent) why do we play them consitently even when not in form before talented juniors who are tearing it up in the lower grades?????????

Sick of the bullsh*t that this club keeps dishing out while other clubs are constantly playing young players and blooding them successfully!

Fathead

Bench

Double post ***

caylo

Bench
Notice that he debuted the week before he signed, played one more week then is dropped for no reason, Hagan has alot to answer for imo!!!!

Seriously, anyone who questions why our players may not reach their full potential need to look no further than our ridiculous development program when it comes getting a go in first grade.....

Development is great until it gets to protecting our overpaid hacks who are playing first grade!!! Wagon, Lowrie, Robinson (to an extent) why do we play them consitently even when not in form before talented juniors who are tearing it up in the lower grades?????????

Sick of the bullsh*t that this club keeps dishing out while other clubs are constantly playing young players and blooding them successfully!

To be honest he only played because Riddell was injured, but i still think he should be there. If Riddell suffered a season ending injury it wouldn't bother me (not that i would wish that on anyone). Keating should be playing off the bench atleast. Matty should be starting, and Riddell should move to the backrow period. Should, would, etc... for now Hagen knows best!!

Delboy

First Grade
Real Parra juniors in NYC
Nasso,Lauofo, Keating,Williams,Batieri,Hodgkinson,Lasolo, J latham,l Latham, J Mannah,T Mannah,Montinelli, Robinson, and most of the others have been in the system for a while. Only 2 I could think of from Sydney clubs, Allgood from Penrith and Hemming from Manly.

Fish, as usual you only have the story you want to believe, you probably think Iemma and Carr were/are good for NSW

strider

Post Whore
maybe its time to do as everyone else does and not spend so much effort on juniors - just buy em when they are ready

Tommax25

Bench
Manly go ahead and splash insane amounts of cash on a few select players and then sign nuffies for peanuts to compensate.

The NRL provides no incentives and protection to clubs who focus strongly on junior development.

Both cases, in my humble opinion, are absolutely disgraceful.

they are doing better than the eels this year, and last year, doing this so why not?

if manly dont have the same level of local juniors (quantity and quality) then they must sign from other clubs. It is a part of the game, I hate it when people have a cry about clubs buying players.

also, some of these nuffies you refer to turned out to good players and were not given the chance at other clubs, or at least given limited chances...glenn stewart only came to manly because brett wanted him to come with him as a package deal, but manly turned him into a quality player. Des has gotten the best out of players like rose, hall, robertson when they were let go or not given a go at their clubs. I don't see a terrible lot of difference in a local junior getting his start at a club or a signed player nurtured into first grade material getting his start at the club (such as brett and glenn stewart, who came from the dragons, although I think they wanted to keep brett)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And that IMHO is the main root of all our ills.
You simply MUST reward good performances. If the top team was playing perfectly then those in the lower grades would have to lift to be considered.
You just cannot explain to a young footy player who you have asked to perform week in and week out, that you are going with the tried and tested because 6 weeks ago they had a good game.
Very soon you lose incentive and when hungry clubs come around promising to play them in the 'big show' - they will go.
The ONLY criteria for getting a jersey in the main team must be performance.

If you tell a NYC player that in the event that he plays well and the 'senior' player is not playing that well, he will then get his chance, certain things will happen.

1. The senior player will make sure that he plays as well as he can to avoid being relegated.
2. The junior player will put more pressure on the senior player, KNOWING that there is a chance that they will be selected.

AND most importantly...

3. When other teams come knocking telling our juniors that they will offer them a chance in the big show, then the reason that they are not already playing NRL is entirely thier own doing as Parra always gave them a chance.

Fix this and we will go a long way to being a successful club - and will keep our juniors.
Agree 100%

Its all been a big misunderstanding guys. Just an accident.

Apparently, Jamie Lyon was chatting with Crusher recently & was recalling that Round 20 clash with you guys out there at Parra stadium last year.

So anyway, Jamie says to Crusher “we should go throw some coin at one of those Parramatta players”

Crusher obviously misunderstood and went out & signed Tony Williams.

So ummmm………..…pardon us !

Dutchy

Immortal
Its all been a big misunderstanding guys. Just an accident.

Apparently, Jamie Lyon was chatting with Crusher recently & was recalling that Round 20 clash with you guys out there at Parra stadium last year.

So anyway, Jamie says to Crusher “we should go throw some coin at one of those Parramatta players”

Crusher obviously misunderstood and went out & signed Tony Williams.

So ummmm………..…pardon us !

:lol:

stuke

Bench
Dellboy, Thats your perogative but all I can tell you is what I was told - without getting into the 'my source is better than yours routine'

My personal opinion is that its quite absurd to put a makeshift 5/8 in Mateo in a position and wait until everyone gets used to him and then bring another totally different player up at the end of the year.
If thats the thinking of the coach then it would have to be one which has no particular logic to it.
A friend of mine remarked to me the other day that they were praying that Mateo got injured (in jest) so that KK could get a run and I said that Hagan would probably play Wagon there. I for one cannot see any logic in it and I am not alone.

well he did play rep games there and he is a good bloke...