What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Jack Hetherington

Frank Facer

First Grade
RCG would be a good pick up as a quality prop but Manu Ma'u from the eels would be a good replacement for Jack and he is off contract at years end.

He is a good defender, can ball play and dare I say it, has some mongrel about him...
I think Ma'u is 31 years old right now.

Gareth67

First Grade
Actually the man - R.C.G seems to have gone off the boil somewhat , more timid in his running than what he once was . If he did come to the Dragons I sincerely hope that he can once again find his old style as he would certainly be a handy forward to have .

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
RCG is an interesting one. Last year, most, if not all would have said yes to him, but his form has dipped since he got injured last year. Good props are hard to come by. We should probably pick him up.

As mentioned before. I am not sold on Hetherington, but he is tough, aggressive and plays hard. I like that in a player. He is also young so, he should have upside. I would take him too.

Last edited:

moes

Bench
Lest assume we get RCG then what happens to Timm, Kerr and Blacker? If we don’t give these young guys a chance then we won’t keep any of them.

Timm - will get a go soon & is a prospect
Kerr- ordinary
Blacker - bordering on ordinary

SnowDragon

Juniors
Kerr is not a fg in any side
Timm will I think will be a solid fg
Blacker I think too young to really know if he will make it or not

Disagree, based on limited viewing.
Kerr needs self belief, and maybe slowing coming on than we hoped, but needs FG time.
Timm I am unsure on, seems a bit slow, not a real athlete. Not sure on how good his upside is (but only seen limited time). Blacker not seen yet.

possm

Coach
I said this in another thread and not sure of contract status but Liam Martin would be my pick from pennies to replace debelin. Young, hit like a train and runs the ball well with some ball skills. Would come cheap but see him being in the cam Murray/ Victor Radley mold
NRL are requiring a like for like replacement in order to obtain cap relief. De Belin is an SOO standard player and Martin is ………………..?

possm

Coach
Kerr needs self belief, and maybe slowing coming on than we hoped, but needs FG time.
Timm I am unsure on, seems a bit slow, not a real athlete. Not sure on how good his upside is (but only seen limited time). Blacker not seen yet.
Weren't both of these players recruited by Millward from the Storm? Apart from Lawrie, where are our props that have come through pathways?

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Actually the man - R.C.G seems to have gone off the boil somewhat , more timid in his running than what he once . If he did come to the Dragons I sincerely hope that he can once again find his old style as he would certainly be a handy forward to have .
Recruitment wise, RCG is another Vaughan and so should be easy pickings for Millward. Just sign him up now as De Belin's replacement. He meets all of the NRL's requirement for salary cap relief.

I just noticed that this is my 10,00th post on this forum!

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Recruitment wise, RCG is another Vaughan and so should be easy pickings for Millward. Just sign him up now as De Belin's replacement. He meets all of the NRL's requirement for salary cap relief.

I just noticed that this is my 10,00th post on this forum!

10,000th post ! That is great news possum , as I noticed that you are now in the ‘ Coach ‘ category so you have the qualifications required to become the Dragons new 1st grade coach .

Kerr for such a big man is soft and slow
Look at Timms stats not that says everything but it shows a little bit

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Kerr is an interesting case. Bought as a NAS like player with his size and agility (at that time). Hasn't come on in development. Under most coaches I think he would he'd be a very good strike weapon off the bench in the mould of Offehenguae or David Fafita. Doesnt play like he is fit for 80 mins, although his game in CC on Sat was good.

Timm is still a bit raw. Looks a prospect but needs to hit the line harder and improve defensively. I was disappointed with his game on Sat, for a guy on the verge of 1st grade he didnt shine enough to warrant a step up imo.

Blacker I think will be a good one, has plenty of aggression, shame we didnt see him on Sat. He's very young, lets see how he develops before making any comments at this stage.

Latest posts