What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realistic signings for your club for next season?

thewizard1o1

Juniors
lol, you don't say.......OUT: usually refurs to players that your team Sells. And since he was only on loan we won't be selling him to any other team.

xXSANDYXx

Bench
Liverpool........ omg wen this thai PM takes over we can buy so many good players :D :D :D :D and compete with chealsea in buying power :D 8)

Southernsaint

Staff member
XxsandyxX said:
Liverpool........ omg wen this thai PM takes over we can buy so many good players :D :D :D :D and compete with chealsea in buying power :D 8)

I thought it was United who were the Pride of SE Asia?? :roll:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Craig

Juniors
thewizard1o1 said:
Craig, is Kallon the young striker from Africa? If its the one i'm thinking of i thought he a real bright future infront of him. :?

That is Obamarfi Martins, who is a 20 year old striker from Nigeria. I wouldnt sell Martins anyway because I can see him going to AC Milan or Real Madrid.

Mohamed Kallon is from Sierre Lioene, but hardly plays for Inter.

Craig

Juniors
Tottenham said:
With the season almost at an end, which players should the club you support look at buying and selling for next year. Please make them as realistic as possible too:

For Tottenham
In
Mark Van Bommel - PSV 5mill
Andy Reid - Nottingham Forest 5mill
Michael Dawson - Forest 3 mill
Paul Robinson - Leeds 2 mill
Diego - Santos 8 mill
Michael Carrick - West Ham 4mill
John Arne Riise - Liverpool 3mill
Dietmar Hamaan - Liverpool 5mill
Martin Laursen - AC Milan 4 mill
Deco - Porto - 8 mill

Out
Jamie Redknapp
Gus Poyet
Dean Richards
Kasey Kellar
Chrisitan Ziege
Goran Bujevcevic
Darren Anderton

Deco? No chance IMO unless Spurs is in the CL. Martin Laursen is an interesting signing or target having CL experience with Milan.

Add Helder Postiga to the out list. Sorry two goals in a season for somebody who cost £6.5m is not good enough.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Add Helder Postiga to the out list. Sorry two goals in a season for somebody who cost £6.5m is not good enough.

Postiga killed his career by going to Spurs. Why he chose to move to England is a mystery to me.

He was a brilliant talent - as good as Ronaldo and Quaresma and moving to a poor club like Tottenham was stupid.

He needs to go. He will be a future star.

EdBurton

Juniors
Over rated?

he's not even in the national team.

He's only just become anything resembling rated at all. It's mainly because he's off contract.

He's not a bad player who could score some goals in a terrible Leeds team. But that's all he's rated as.

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
It's too hard to predict who Leeds will sign. We don't have any money so it looks like we'll be signing out of contract players and young talent from the academy.

For Rangers (my second team):

In:
Confirmed:

-Alex Rae (Wolves
-Prso (Monaco)
-Boumsong (Auxerre)
-Andrews (Livingston)

Possible:

-Stevie Crawford (Dumferline-sp)-consistently played well for a poor team, scottish as well.
-Nacho Novo (Dundee)-Spansih forward who is Dundee's top scorer I believe. This signing might convince his fellow countryman Arteta to stay at Ibrox.
-James McFadden (Everton)-he'd do a good job, and hasn't quite been good enough for Everton so they may be willing to sell him.
-Barry Ferguson (Blackburn)-the former Ibrox captain is rumoured to be buying out his contract so he can move back to Rangers. Doubt it will happen.
-Derek Riordan (Hibernian)-Scottish as well, played well all season for Hibs. Playing in the champions league would really improve his game.

Out:
Confirmed:

-Mols (retired)
-Frank De Boer (Quatar)
-Ronald De Boer (Quatar)
-Berg (retired)
-Capucho (released)
-Emerson (released)
-Vanoli (released?)
-Ostenstad (released)

Possible:

-Ricksen-Cash in while they can
-Moore-Been poor this season, has said he may leave depending on who signs in the summer.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Hightown Tiger said:
It's too hard to predict who Leeds will sign. We don't have any money so it looks like we'll be signing out of contract players and young talent from the academy.

In:
Confirmed:

-Alex Rae (Wolves
-Prso (Monaco)
-Boumsong (Auxerre)
-Andrews (Livingston)

Possible:

-Stevie Crawford (Dumferline-sp)-consistently played well for a poor team, scottish as well.
-Nacho Novo (Dundee)-Spansih forward who is Dundee's top scorer I believe. This signing might convince his fellow countryman Arteta to stay at Ibrox.
-James McFadden (Everton)-he'd do a good job, and hasn't quite been good enough for Everton so they may be willing to sell him.
-Barry Ferguson (Blackburn)-the former Ibrox captain is rumoured to be buying out his contract so he can move back to Rangers. Doubt it will happen.
-Derek Riordan (Hibernian)-Scottish as well, played well all season for Hibs. Playing in the champions league would really improve his game.

Out:
Confirmed:

-Mols (retired)
-Frank De Boer (Quatar)
-Ronald De Boer (Quatar)
-Berg (retired)
-Capucho (released)
-Emerson (released)
-Vanoli (released?)
-Ostenstad (released)

Possible:

-Moore-Been poor this season, has said he may leave depending on who signs in the summer.

How's that 65 Million Pound debt coming along?? :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Hightown Tiger said:

In:
Confirmed:

-Alex Rae (Wolves
-Prso (Monaco)
-Boumsong (Auxerre)
-Andrews (Livingston)

Possible:

Out:
Confirmed:

-Mols (retired)
-Frank De Boer (Quatar)
-Ronald De Boer (Quatar)
-Berg (retired)
-Capucho (released)
-Emerson (released)
-Vanoli (released?)
-Ostenstad (released)

Possible:

How's that 65 Million Pound debt coming along?? :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Not bad. They are my second team so I don't know the full details, but I'm pretty sure it's less than £65million 8)

With the above signings, only Riordan and Mcfadden would cost anything, Crawford is out of contract and Novo will be available for next to nothing.

Southernsaint

Staff member
It's like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic with those Blue Noses.

Martin O'Neill has done far more with far less than Dirty Eck & given us a 5-0 green-wash this season!!

I think Murray was saying he hopes to get the debt down to only 20 million within 5 years :lol: In the mean-time keep signing stars like Flo & Ricksen!!

In the current climate, the Huns need to consolidate to survive - ah feck it, spend to your heart's content!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
This got me thinking, and I don't want this thread to degenerate into a Rangers-Celtic argument...

Why can Celtic not fill their stadium for the 'lesser' matches?
For example, Celtic beat Barcelone in this seasons UEFA cup,and follow this up with 47000 in their next home game when they are on one of the best runs in history, and there have been a few more attendances well below the 60500 capacity.

The reason I am asking this is because I keep reading stories that if Celtic played in the EPL they would need a 100,000 capacity stadium, yet they can't even fill their stadium after they have beaten one the most famous team in the world, Barcelona, and are on the best run in their history.

Like I said, this isn't a dig because I don't believe in hate and religion and all that when it comes to football, I'd just like to know your view.

P.S It will be interesting to see how O'Neill does next season without Miller and Larsson

Craig

Juniors
Hightown Tiger said:

In:
Confirmed:

-Alex Rae (Wolves
-Prso (Monaco)
-Boumsong (Auxerre)
-Andrews (Livingston)

Possible:

Out:
Confirmed:

-Mols (retired)
-Frank De Boer (Quatar)
-Ronald De Boer (Quatar)
-Berg (retired)
-Capucho (released)
-Emerson (released)
-Vanoli (released?)
-Ostenstad (released)

Possible:

There is an outside chance we could see Joe Cole there on loan.

Tottenham

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:

Postiga killed his career by going to Spurs. Why he chose to move to England is a mystery to me.

He was a brilliant talent - as good as Ronaldo and Quaresma and moving to a poor club like Tottenham was stupid.

He needs to go. He will be a future star.

i don't necessarily think its Postiga's fault, more David Pleat's and the Tottenham management who have single handedly ruined his career for the time being. I cant see how the man would have any confidence left at the moment, since he scored the winner for us against Liverpool in early January he has only started one game since, and been on the bench twice.

I dont understand why we bought him, Kanoute and Defoe, i'm hoping to see Kanoute go in the summer so Posti will get a go next year.

With a half decent manager like Trappatoni or Van Gaal i think Postiga will be able to turn into a top quality player.

The saddest thing for him is, he could have been playing in a Champions League final this year with Porto in front of 70 000 fans, instead hes playing for Spurs reserves against Leyton Orient in front of 300 people.

Craig

Juniors
Chelsea are apparently interested in Roberto Carlos.

Every year Totti seems to get linked to Inter, I dont know why, as unless Roma go bust or get relegated to a lower division because of their debt, there is no way he would be sold.

Latest posts