What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realistic signings for your club for next season?

Craig

Juniors
According to the BBC Jesper Gronkjaer will be joining Birmingham City next season.

Transfers so far:

Tottenham:
Paul Robinson (Leeds)

Man U:
Liam Miller (Celtic)

Chelsea:
Arjen Robben (PSV)
Petr Cech (Rennes)

Arsenal:
Robin van Priese (Feyernoord)

Birmingham:
Jesper Gronkjae (Chelsea - To Be Confirmed)

Liverpool:
Djirbil Cisse (Auxurre)

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Yes, it does look like Gronkjaer will be on his way. Ajax are also rumoured to be after him.

I've found out some possible transfer targets for Leeds Utd:
-Lee Trundle (Swansea). He's 29 but is the best finisher in the lower leagues, which isn't bad to say he's quite a slow runner.
-David Connolly (West Ham)-Played for Wimbledon, West Ham and some Dutch team (Feyenoord possibly). Would be a good signing, also a striker.

Craig

Juniors
More speculation that Juan Sebastian Veron is going to quit Chelsea and join up with Inter.

It wont be a bad move considering Veron was a success in Italy, but does Inter really need him?

Southernsaint

Staff member

Parra_Eels

Bench
i think tim cahill (the aussie) is a chance for villa to snap up although we do have quite a few strikers. and i wouldn't have a clue who DOL is gonna sign. ellis will probably give him 2 bucks the tight merkin

half

Coach
i'd like to see inter buy 1 good defensive midfielder and that's it - no more! pleeease no veron

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Inter don't need Veron. He's been a waste of space for Chelsea.

A few more transfer rumours coming out of the English press:

-Frank Lampard to Man Utd
-John Terry to Arsenal
-Jonathon Woodgate to Man Utd or Arsenal
-David Beckham to either Chelsea or Arsenal!
-Peter Lovenkrands (Rangers) to Blackburn-perhaps a part exchange deal with Barry Ferguson returning to Ibrox?

xXSANDYXx

Bench
heskeys leaving liverpool :cry: :cry: :( houlier said at the end of the match today that he would have likes heskey to score because it looks like its his last match at ainfield :cry: :(
hes going to Birmingham or somewhere

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Hightown Tiger said:
Inter don't need Veron. He's been a waste of space for Chelsea. - His style just isn't suited to the English game. Get him back in Italy and I fully expect him to shine again.

A few more transfer rumours coming out of the English press:

-Frank Lampard to Man Utd - Won't happen
-John Terry to Arsenal - Won't happen
-Jonathon Woodgate to Man Utd or Arsenal - Doubtful, but is exactly the sort of player we need
-David Beckham to either Chelsea or Arsenal! - Arsenal don't have the money
-Peter Lovenkrands (Rangers) to Blackburn-perhaps a part exchange deal with Barry Ferguson returning to Ibrox? - A good player from what I've seen of him.

heskeys leaving liverpool :cry: :cry: houlier said at the end of the match today that he would have likes heskey to score because it looks like its his last match at ainfield :cry:
hes going to Birmingham or somewhere
Damn. They might actually have some quality up-front next season with Cisse.

Craig

Juniors
half said:
i'd like to see inter buy 1 good defensive midfielder and that's it - no more! pleeease no veron

Emerson!

Christian Vieri is saying he's staying at Inter unless mnagement decide to get rid of him.

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Mad Dogg said:
Hightown Tiger said:
-Peter Lovenkrands (Rangers) to Blackburn-perhaps a part exchange deal with Barry Ferguson returning to Ibrox? - A good player from what I've seen of him.

He can be a good player, when he puts his mind to it. He started the season fire, scoring a wonder goal against VFB Stuttgart in the champions league. He's finished as Rangers 2nd top scorer, and is a similar player to Gronjkaer-Lots of pace, but can't cross.

Before he signed his contract extension at Rangers two years ago, he was linked with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Roma and Newcastle. Show's that he's gone backwards a bit, now he's linked with Blackburn!

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Craig said:
If the Real Madrid rumour was true, he should have taken it!

Indeed he should have. Somehow I don't think it was true though, his agent was probably linking him with these big teams to get rangers to offer a better contract 8)

Ando67

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
Morientes would be exactly what Arsenal need. Hold the ball up, strong in the air, excellent finisher and shows up in big games. Could be just about the perfect signing for them, only problem would be price, where Arsenal has not much moolah?

Arsenal need to sign a descent Goal keeper
Jans Lehman has to go ;-)

Maybe Robinson or give Taylor a crack at the top,he could,nt be any worse than Lehman :)

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Shaun Allaway Leeds United Free Released
Darren Anderton Tottenham Free Released
Chris Armstrong Leeds United Free Released
Ibrahim Ba Bolton Wanderers Free Released
Paul Barrett Wrexham Free Released
David Batty Leeds United Free Released
Michael Bridges Leeds United Free Released
Callum Davidson Leicester City Free Released
Dion Dublin Arsenal Free Released
Larry Farren Leeds United Free Released
Gerald Forschelet Bolton Wanderers Free Released
Danny Foster Tottenham Free Released
Per Frandsen Bolton Wanderers Free Released
Steffen Freund Leicester City Free Released
Craig Hignett Leicester City Free Released
Lars Hirschfeld Tottenham Free Released
Steve Guppy Leicester City Free Released
Sean Holmes Wrexham Free Released
Steve Howey Bolton Wanderers Free Released
Andrew Impey Leicester City Free Released
Muzzy Izzet Leicester City Free Released
Shwan Jalal Tottenham Free Released
Ronny Johnsen Arsenal Free Released
Lee Jones Wrexham Free Released
Nwankwo Kanu Arsenal Free Released
Martin Keown Arsenal Free Released
Junior Lewis Leicester City Free Released
Des Lyttle Northampton Free Released
Billy McKinlay Leicester City Free Released
Jimmy McNulty Wrexham Free Released
Paul Murphy Leicester City Free Released
Lord-Kangana N'Diwa Bolton Wanderers Free Released
Dwight Pezzarossi Bolton Wanderers Free Released
Gustavo Poyet Tottenham Free Released
Nicolas Priet Leicester City Free Released
Alex Revell Cambridge Free Released
Alan Rogers Leicester City Free Released
Frank Sinclair Leicester City Free Released
Steve Thomas Wrexham Free Released
Paul Whitfield Wrexham Free Released
Jason Wilcox Leeds United Free Released
Tom Williamson Leicester City Free Released
Sylvain Wiltord Arsenal Free Released
Christian Ziege Tottenham Free Released

All were released yesterday....some nice talent in there....

Phillips

Referee
Ando67 said:
Mal Meninga said:
Morientes would be exactly what Arsenal need. Hold the ball up, strong in the air, excellent finisher and shows up in big games. Could be just about the perfect signing for them, only problem would be price, where Arsenal has not much moolah?

Arsenal need to sign a descent Goal keeper
Jans Lehman has to go ;-)

Maybe Robinson or give Taylor a crack at the top,he could,nt be any worse than Lehman :)

i dont agree, Lehmann has been great all season and he has made a few costly mistakes BUT he has conceded the least goals in the premier league, but i think arsenal do need another backup keeper as Shaaban has been released, Taylor is injured and Stack is still young, ive heard they are currently linked with a few keepers and giving a couple a trial