What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reality Check

PJ Marshal

Coach
So yeah the roosters may of been the bench mark for this year and have had dominance over the post few seasons, but the way they are looked upon as super powers really is quite amusing since they have won only 1 of 4 their last grand final appearances.

The media and the roosters hail Ricky Stuart as a Rugby League God yet both years his Grand Final plans have exploded in his face. In 2002 he got the Warriors number with good tactics, DECENT CENTRE/WING PAIRINGS etc. The last 2 years he has been caught out with having Walker and Hodges on one side of the field, not using his interchange correctly (tell me did Chaddy play more than 2 minutes?).

Sure they have done better than Parra in the last few years but really their season long dominance has accounted to nothing of late and no SUPER POWER should choke 2 years in a row in my opinion

damo72

Juniors
Their defensive problems aren't going to get much better I believe, Monaghan may be a sound defend but has spent most of his career on the wing and Roberts isn't what you would call a great defender either. The worst thing is that we will suffer in that department too as our 3/4 line isn't real strong in the defensive department either.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I whole-heartedly agree.

The Roosters are very much over-rated by the media. Sure, they are very good.

But I do not think they're as brilliant as most say. We beat them, and in Round 26, despite some dubious calls that went their way,they struggled to put us away.

I really think Parramatta will be a force once again in the next couple of years.

On a side note, Sonny-Bill Williams - i applaud you. You really stood up tonight and proved what a wonderful player you really are.

PJ Marshal

Coach
Its hard for me to do but i gotta applaud Andrew Ryan and Jonathon Thurston for their respect for Steven Price, something Chris Walker wouldnt do :!:

Eelementary

Post Whore
damo72 said:
Their defensive problems aren't going to get much better I believe, Monaghan may be a sound defend but has spent most of his career on the wing and Roberts isn't what you would call a great defender either. The worst thing is that we will suffer in that department too as our 3/4 line isn't real strong in the defensive department either.

I thought that Ben Smith showed that his defence is quite strong (albeit some blunders against the Tigers), and Tahu is hardly defensively weak.

Eelementary

Post Whore
PJ Marshal said:
Its hard for me to do but i gotta applaud Andrew Ryan and Jonathon Thurston for their respect for Steven Price, something Chris Walker wouldnt do :!:

Yeah I got to say - even though sometimes Steve gets treated like a protected species, I really respect him.

Sterling

Juniors
PJ Marshal said:
So yeah the roosters may of been the bench mark for this year and have had dominance over the post few seasons, but the way they are looked upon as super powers really is quite amusing since they have won only 1 of 4 their last grand final appearances.

The media and the roosters hail Ricky Stuart as a Rugby League God yet both years his Grand Final plans have exploded in his face. In 2002 he got the Warriors number with good tactics, DECENT CENTRE/WING PAIRINGS etc. The last 2 years he has been caught out with having Walker and Hodges on one side of the field, not using his interchange correctly (tell me did Chaddy play more than 2 minutes?).

Sure they have done better than Parra in the last few years but really their season long dominance has accounted to nothing of late and no SUPER POWER should choke 2 years in a row in my opinion

and the only GF they won was because the dogs were not playing on the finals that year ....... only won 1/2 a comp in my opinion ... 1/2 out of 4 dont look good does it?

ParraMatt

Bench
Yeh, They still choke more then us... Atleast we don't make an attempt in the final series, When they do, They lose.

strider

Post Whore
Yeah Ricky is a bit overrated as a coach...yes he's a tough talking, smart guy - but only playing one of your forwards (Robinson) for minimal minutes in a GF these days when they are very tiring affairs is just ludicris....Chad actually did quite well when he was on.

As for Walker - how Stuart can actually have him in his team is beyond me....Stuart appears to be a defensive oriented coach - Walker is simply the worst defender in the NRL!!!....he has cost his club 2 GFs now in my opinion.

Well done Bobcat....its a shame its in a Blue and White jersey, but you are really emerging as a top footballer :clap:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Stuart's still a great coach, there is no doubt about that to make 3 grand finals in a row is a big feat no matter how you think they go about their business.

On Robo, I'm not just saying it because his now an eel but how the f**k did Ricky wait so long to put him on? I reckon he made an instant impact especially stiffening up that ruck.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
how good was chris walker tho what a champion !!!! :roll: :lol: i went for doggys during game.. soon as it was over i hated them again :lol:

Whoever watched the game tonight should take note of what I have been saying. Players like Walker and Hodges are prone to brain explosions in big games and this has occured again tonight. The same with Parra the Likes of Burt and Graham and Vella have already costs Grand Finals and important matches lets weed them out before they bring us down agian agian and agian.

if Ryan hadn't have made that last ditch tackle Crocker was over for sure, and so I don't think its fair to say the Roosters weren't in it or that they choked - they lost by 3 points is all and came close to winning it on the bell.

Whether they won or lost, they are still 3/1 out of the last 5 years, while we are 0/1, so it's not exactly fair for us to hack on them.

Yeah....I don't reckon they choked....they played a side who finished on the same points in the H&A so were just as entitled to win.

I agree HJ....if Bobcat took off for that tackle a smidge later it would have been too late.

I will say it again.....I am ashamed to be a Queenslander when blokes likes Walker and Hodges are from the same state. Hodges is nothing more than a niggling ****. Walker may be fast but that is all.

strider

Post Whore
Hollywood Jesus said:
if Ryan hadn't have made that last ditch tackle Crocker was over for sure, and so I don't think its fair to say the Roosters weren't in it or that they choked - they lost by 3 points is all and came close to winning it on the bell.

Whether they won or lost, they are still 3/1 out of the last 5 years, while we are 0/1, so it's not exactly fair for us to hack on them.

1/3 over the last 5yrs....which is VERY good, but people claim Ricky Stuart as some mesiah of coaches....yes he is good, but he does some weird shit just like every other coach.

And I agree with the what you said about the game....the Roosters damn near won....infact, take Walker off the field for all but about 15 mins and the Roosters probably win 20-0 :lol:

strider

Post Whore
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Yeah....I don't reckon they choked....they played a side who finished on the same points in the H&A so were just as entitled to win.

I agree HJ....if Bobcat took off for that tackle a smidge later it would have been too late.

I will say it again.....I am ashamed to be a Queenslander when blokes likes Walker and Hodges are from the same state. Hodges is nothing more than a niggling ****. Walker may be fast but that is all.

Hodges and Walker would have to be 2 of the biggest wankers ever to put foot on an NRL field.

Hodges plays his stupid niggling games non-stop....I mean Willie Tonga is probably one of the nicest, quietest, most modest guys around, yet Hodges decides to try to pick a fight with him (all night)....good on ya Willie T for standing up to the wanker - he's got nothing its all just talk.

And Walker - well doesn't he love to talk it up....he should watch some video replays of teams masicring his side down his wing and we'll see how cocky he is then :roll: