What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reasons why Melbourne are hated

pnub

Juniors
They're a franchise. They represent themselves and the commercial interests of their owners. How many ex-Storm players actually stay on in Victoria?

It's like saying a Magistrate from Mosman is a salt of the Earth Country Kid because they're put into the Cobar Local Court for a few years.

Beyond the arrogant f**kwits, no one besides a few flat earthers gives a sh*t about Melbourne's geographic location or their fans. We're not being dominated by Victorians, we're being dominated by a team of players from Crestmead and Bowraville.

Most teams in the league could be considered a franchise beacuse they all have players from other area's, states, countries. Its a fact of life right now in the nrl as a whole.
As for the Victorian players well there are 9 in the under 20's squad if i recall correctly and when you look at the fact that the storm has been around only 11 years that is a good effort. The junior game is growing stronger and stronger each year which is only good for the game as a whole. Give it another 5-10 years and the strom will be bringing quite a few more locals into the game.
As for players living down here well Robbie Kearns and Stephen Kearny are still down here after their playing days working with the club so i say thats a good starting point.

Sood

Juniors
I actually like em. Always have. Not impressed with their grapple techniques but besides that i dont have an issue.
Would much prefer em or the warriors to win it then cronulla or manly.

Stephen Kearney/Marcus Bai on McCracken
Yep, worst tackle I've ever seen, completely f*cked our season, and ended McCracken's career

Danny Williams on Mark O'Neill.
I don't know what was worse, the hit itself, or the garbage excuse he dished up "post traumatic amnesia. He didn't know what he was doing but he still brushed past Skando and clocked him.

Billy Slater kicking Skando
A grub act by the biggest grub in the NRL.

These 3 events pretty much sum up Melbourne to me, Scum.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Having met alot of the Storm players, nice bunch of fellas but there's two problems:

1- tackling
2- media crying

Remove those and they might actualy be a decent team that can actually play on an even level with everyone else.

I'm sure you can find incidents to call every team in the comp scum.

Ending a players career with a horrific spear tackle, stomping on a defenceless players' head and punching a guy in the back of the head. 3 events that happen every year I guess.

Pre 2000 I liked Melbourne, probably my second team, then I lost respect for them after the Kearney Spear Tackle. The Danny Williams king hit made me lose even more, and the Slater head stomp made me lose all respect for them.

StormChaser

First Grade
i think you'll find some simo gronk was the first to be a tough guy on the internet. how come you didn't react to his post with the same response?

Didn't see it. Simmo, if you're a Scary Internest Man (trademark pending) then walk away from your keyboard and go top yourself.

There, does that make you feel better?

Geohood

Bench
Ending a players career with a horrific spear tackle, stomping on a defenceless players' head and punching a guy in the back of the head. 3 events that happen every year I guess.

Pre 2000 I liked Melbourne, probably my second team, then I lost respect for them after the Kearney Spear Tackle. The Danny Williams king hit made me lose even more, and the Slater head stomp made me lose all respect for them.

Yeah but go through the history of every team and you'll find bad incidents. It just seems like people want any reason to hate Melbourne.

Vossy

Bench
there arrogant fans on here, defending there scum teams tactics..every title they win will be stained until they stop the arrogance,dirty crap then whinge the universe is against them

fin1

Juniors
Dirty cheap bunch of scums... Grapples, Chicken Wings, Knees in the tackle, NRL news limited i mean match review comittie are piss weak allowing the storm to consistantly get away with this rubbish yet if another NRL club does anything close to what the Storm do every week they get nailed for it... Load of sh*t use to not mind the Storm but cant stand them now they are cheap and dont deserve to win antoher premiership until they tidy there act up... Cam Smith tonight what a disgrace but he will get off claim he was concust or some bullsh*t like that!

Butters

Bench
Dirty cheap bunch of scums... Grapples, Chicken Wings, Knees in the tackle, NRL news limited i mean match review comittie are piss weak allowing the storm to consistantly get away with this rubbish yet if another NRL club does anything close to what the Storm do every week they get nailed for it... Load of sh*t use to not mind the Storm but cant stand them now they are cheap and dont deserve to win antoher premiership until they tidy there act up... Cam Smith tonight what a disgrace but he will get off claim he was concust or some bullsh*t like that!

You forgot about "The Ripper" and "The Crusher" :lol: