What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reasons why Melbourne are hated

Kiki

First Grade
i dont hate you coz you're beautiful, in fact, i dont hate you at all. what i dont like about oh errol is that you use your beauty to get desperate men to read your blog.

name one other person on this site who has a picture of themselves as their avatar?

name one other person on this site (which happens to be a rugby league opinions forum) that posts links to their own website which is full of opinions about rugby league?

Its just pretentious.

hahahah desperate men?? jesus christ mate. the only emails/private messages we get from our readers are guys saying how much they love the blog and they love seeing chicks writing about league.

you don't hold much respect for your fellow men folk do you? you think all they can see is CHIIIICKS and thats it? well that's not true.

who cares if no one else has their photo as their avatar? why does it bother you so much? i find it strange it upsets you.

i hope you realise this is your issue, not ours.

Matt23

Staff member
PWA...you don't like there blog, thats fine, but seriously your starting to sound like a broken record right about now :arrow:

Kiki

First Grade
yeh seriously. i don't care if people dont like Errol...its not everyones cup of tea. but to have a go at us for the reasons hes using, its kinda lame.

ok as long as you know you're pretentious and you're fine with it, then thats fine.

i take it 'pretentious' is on your word of the day calendar today?

sass

Juniors
ok as long as you know you're pretentious and you're fine with it, then thats fine.

um ... what exactly are we meant to be pretending to be? we're a lot of things, but I don't think pretentious is one of them. mocking, shallow, loudmouthed, take your pick.

I think the saddest thing about your posts is that you are so cruel to men in general. do you seriously think everyone who reads errol is a desperate man? it's so arrogant. like your the only one not blinded by your penis.

you know gay men and gay and straight girls read errol too. shock horror!

I'm not going to apologise for being a girl and writing about league. and if you read lu more frequently you might have actually seen that people didn't believe we were girls. maybe try and think of the avatars as an educational aid for them.

anyway I'm just sorry for distracting everyone from the important business of Hating the Storm.

shall I get it started again?

GREG INGLIS AND ISRAEL FOLAU AREN'T JUST QUEENSLANDERS - THEY'RE FAKE QUEENSLANDERS.

*uppercut*

choiceayebro

juniors
anyway I'm just sorry for distracting everyone from the important business of Hating the Storm.

shall I get it started again?

GREG INGLIS AND ISRAEL FOLAU AREN'T JUST QUEENSLANDERS - THEY'RE FAKE QUEENSLANDERS.

*uppercut*

yep cool, ive had my say.

f**k the storm!

Kiki

First Grade
also...i bet you are fine with women being objectified by their looks in daily life. i bet you look magazine spreads in FHM of girls in their bikinis and dont think twice about it. but god forbid a woman take ownership of her looks and use them to promote her own work.

do u have any idea how hard it is to be a girl and have your opinons on league not only read but liked? if a few readers have clicked on errol because of my avatar then good! i need all the help i can get.

we have been quite successful in a short period of time and if part of that is because we are young and relatively cute then so what? i'm not gonna hide who i am.

Last edited:

Hanscholo

Bench
Congratulations Melbourne. You have put up with bad press all year about stupid little issues, meanwhile the other mob who without doubt have the least amount of sportsmanship in them are continually lauded for their spirit and their approach to the game.

What a great result last nights game was.

sass

Juniors
Congratulations Melbourne. You have put up with bad press all year about stupid little issues, meanwhile the other mob who without doubt have the least amount of sportsmanship in them are continually lauded for their spirit and their approach to the game.

What a great result last nights game was.

as in the broncos?? the only people I hear lauding them for their spirit are broncos and broncos fans. they self-mythologise.

petetheileet

First Grade
The NRL wants Melbourne to be succesful, and are more then willing to turn a blind eye to there grubby tactics... by slowing down the play the ball, they've effectively changed the rules to suit there style of play.

CLose to post of the year....

said what everyone already knows and in a short brief post,

well done old chap!

_Johnsy

Referee

Prententious - full of pretense, characterized by assumption of dignity or importance

PRETENSE
1.pretending or feigning; make-believe: My sleepiness was all pretense. 2.a false show of something: a pretense of friendship. 3.a piece of make-believe. 4.the act of pretending or alleging falsely. 5.a false allegation or justification: He excused himself from the lunch on a pretense of urgent business. 6.insincere or false profession: His pious words were mere pretense. 7.the putting forth of an unwarranted claim.

:lol::lol::lol: How does someone having a pic of them in their av make the prententious ? you tool

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
Yep, Storm are on the verge of becoming the most hated team of all time....I'm doing my bit, though I still hate NSW and every sydney club with about as much venomous hatred. And I hate the above mentioned blog as well, cause its from NSW....
There There, just because the number of NRL clubs in NSW is higher than the average IQ of a Queenslander is no reason to get riled up

I think it's fairly unrealistic to say that none of this comes down to jealousy. If the Storm weren't any good, a lot of us would still hate them, but we wouldn't feel compelled to talk about them as much as we have been. So a lot of the hatred is a direct consequence of their success.

OTOH, like I said, it is simplistic and somewhat juvenile to be passing off all of the anger directed at Melbourne as stemming from jealousy.

No, it's simplistic and juvenile to write off general disgust with the tactics of one side as jealousy. Tactics that seemingly always push the boundaries of the "spirit of the game".

I have never been as disgusted with one team's tactics as I was last night and I've been following Rugby League for 40 years.

A lot of people put the game first.

The same cannot be said for the coaching staff of the Melbourne club.

Latest posts