What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reasons why Melbourne are hated

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
You wish. Nice cop out.

I hate the Storm because of their coach's blatant disregard of the spirit of the game. Other coaches are forced to coach a similar way or get left behind.

Cameron Smith last night did it in every single tackle he could. I would be happy for him and Bellamy to piss off to French Union tomorrow so we can get to cleaning this sh*t up and making the game what it should be.
I think it's fairly unrealistic to say that none of this comes down to jealousy. If the Storm weren't any good, a lot of us would still hate them, but we wouldn't feel compelled to talk about them as much as we have been. So a lot of the hatred is a direct consequence of their success.

OTOH, like I said, it is simplistic and somewhat juvenile to be passing off all of the anger directed at Melbourne as stemming from jealousy.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Yep, Storm are on the verge of becoming the most hated team of all time....I'm doing my bit, though I still hate NSW and every sydney club with about as much venomous hatred. And I hate the above mentioned blog as well, cause its from NSW....

sass

Juniors
haha loser. i don't see you getting invited on the radio to talk, or i don't see you having a website that heaps of people go on to read. in fact i doubt anyone cares what you have to say.

bahah sting. I like you.

sass

Juniors
Yep, Storm are on the verge of becoming the most hated team of all time....I'm doing my bit, though I still hate NSW and every sydney club with about as much venomous hatred. And I hate the above mentioned blog as well, cause its from NSW....

that's ok we hate you too! it's the rugby league way. let's hug it out then go back to bagging each other.

love from nsw.

_Johnsy

Referee
It's good to the see the good old chip on the shoulder is alive and well Nth of the Tweed.:lol::lol:

You wish. Nice cop out.

I hate the Storm because of their coach's blatant disregard of the spirit of the game. Other coaches are forced to coach a similar way or get left behind.

Cameron Smith last night did it in every single tackle he could. I would be happy for him and Bellamy to piss off to French Union tomorrow so we can get to cleaning this sh*t up and making the game what it should be.

this is the problem i have with the storm and it's disgraceful he's coach of NSW and probably will end up coaching australia when sticky gives it up/gets the punt ...

unfortunately the grapple is here and all that other mexican wrestling that goes with it and there's no way of eradicating it from the game ...

mexican-wrestling-9.jpg

Kiki

First Grade

just coz we are from NSW?

choiceayebro

juniors
A SH*TTY BLOG! ouch. i'm sure our huge amount of readers would disagree with you. most of them are straight guys too...who, unlike you, seem to be able to look past the odd shirtless player and look at the humour behind it.

sad times for you.

I wonder why you have so many readers for? I know, because you are good looking women! its pretty easy to see that. thats why you have dickheads like that other dude that had a go at me, fawning all over you. "OH MAN GREAT BLOG OH ERROL!!! WANNA CHAT ON MSN!!!" If you never had your pictures in your avatars (which noone else on the whole of LU does, its quite pretentious really) noone would read it.

why can't you be like everyone else and post your opinions on the forum maybe? instead you have the whole pretentious thing going with the blog whoring.

some of your opinions you have posted, have been good, you seem to know your footy, im just against prententiousness (ive used this word a lot in this post).

Shorty

Staff member
Well actually,they have so many readers because they have decent posts about RL.
And they do post their opinions on this forum.

You shouldn't be attacking them for embracing such a great sport,we need more women interested in League.

aarondoyle

Juniors
I used to like Billy Slater but the last few years he's been a dirty player. He gets into peoples faces for the littlest things.

choiceayebro

juniors
Well actually,they have so many readers because they have decent posts about RL.
And they do post their opinions on this forum.

You shouldn't be attacking them for embracing such a great sport,we need more women interested in League.

oh im happy for them to support rugby league, im happy to see their opinions on this forum, because they do have some good opinions, im even happy for them to say queenslanders are wankers or whatever, but what sucks is their (here it comes again) pretentiousness, and shameless blog whoring.

Kiki

First Grade
so...you hate us coz we're beautiful?

i have over 1000 posts and as shorty said, i have posted a hell of alot of opinons on footy. why else would i be here if i didnt love the game?

sometimes i feel like men put women into categories. they can either be cute and girlie or they can be Real Footy Fans and be all tough, sexless and never acknowledge that they find players attractive.

well guess what, we are both. and it seems to be working pretty well. so get used to it because we aren't going anywhere.

Kiki

First Grade
also...we have a partnership with league unlimited and the promotion goes both ways. we aren't using the forum shamelessly to drum up readership. if thats what you think you have got it wrong.

Surandy

Bench
Melbourne hated? :lol::lol::lol:

Suck it in, it's Rugby League not a love in. Where would the contest be if there was no contest!

Hate us all you want. :crazy:

In the land we call Victoria
Where all good legends dwell
There's a champion Rugby League team
And we sing a bit as well

We're a rough tough bunch of bastards
And we're in a bit of form
No-one can defeat us
We're the mighty Melbourne Storm!

We really gave it to those Bronco boys
We really gave them hell
We would have scored a lot more points
But they rang that final bell

No-one can defeat us
We're the mighty Melbourne Storm! :cool:

choiceayebro

juniors
so...you hate us coz we're beautiful?

i have over 1000 posts and as shorty said, i have posted a hell of alot of opinons on footy. why else would i be here if i didnt love the game?

sometimes i feel like men put women into categories. they can either be cute and girlie or they can be Real Footy Fans and be all tough, sexless and never acknowledge that they find players attractive.

well guess what, we are both. and it seems to be working pretty well. so get used to it because we aren't going anywhere.

i dont hate you coz you're beautiful, in fact, i dont hate you at all. what i dont like about oh errol is that you use your beauty to get desperate men to read your blog.

name one other person on this site who has a picture of themselves as their avatar?

name one other person on this site (which happens to be a rugby league opinions forum) that posts links to their own website which is full of opinions about rugby league?

Its just pretentious.

Kiki

First Grade
oh im happy for them to support rugby league, im happy to see their opinions on this forum, because they do have some good opinions, im even happy for them to say queenslanders are wankers or whatever, but what sucks is their (here it comes again) pretentiousness, and shameless blog whoring.

OH GEE THANKS. thanks for your permission.

Melbourne hated? :lol::lol::lol:

Suck it in, it's Rugby League not a love in. Where would the contest be if there was no contest!

Hate us all you want. :crazy:

In the land we call Victoria
Where all good legends dwell
There's a champion Rugby League team
And we sing a bit as well

No-one can defeat us
We're the mighty Melbourne Storm!

We really gave it to those Bronco boys
We really gave them hell
We would have scored a lot more points