What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebecca Wilson at it again

insert.pause

First Grade
Not a fan of Brereton but geez that was a spray.

Its no secret that Beccy is a Swans fan and I think she has the blinkers on in this case, she really shouldn't be commentating on issues to do with her favourite team.

Anyone else notice when she was talking about Tooves she nearly said he is from the Shire just as she corrected herself ?

Hitting the bourbon a bit early yesterday
How a sports journalist willingly signs up as an ambassador for a sport she has to report on is baffling, how is that not the biggest conflict of interest imaginable? Not only for reporting on AFL, but for reporting on other sports.

She also said Manly have no money, or something along those lines, despite being owned by millionaires, so she probably doesn't know the difference between manly & cronulla.

Son of Minto

Bench
This is deadset one of the best threads on all the web.

What a troll she is and she manages to get paid for it, sad thing is the stupid people out there that will listen and nod their heads in agreement.

Meanwhile back in the real world all I see is a fantastic sporting competition involving peoples and players from all walks of life from many nations on this Earth enjoying and participating in Rugby League week after week after week weather it be here in Australia or somewhere else on this big blue planet.

Probably one of the main reasons I follow Rugby League is that the game itself is an equalizer on the field so it matters not where you come from or what you look like. I am very proud of the History of Rugby League being first in many areas of world sport. The first code in Australia to have a captain of a club team being Aboriginal, the same man also being the first Aboriginal to captain his country in a world cup. In France, RL was the code that allowed the gypsies and middle eastern people to play the game. In England, RL again was the first code in that country to have a black captain of the Great Britain team, they also had the first captain of middle east origin for England. Ian Roberts 20 years before any other mainstream mens sport. Going against Nazism in France and other places whilst other sporting codes bowed down and shook hands with the devil.

RL has had to scrap and bow made to toe the line over the years even having to buy players from its enemies to survive at times, but the one thing the game has always been good at is making sure those that wanted to play could play no matter who or what they were or where they came from and what they done to have to make it that far.

Rugby League has had to rely on some of these minorities at times to survive in certain places around the world, Rebecca, I have no idea what you are good at besides being a professional troll, but one thing is for certain, you are nowhere near a sports journalist nor sports historian and you should not be allowed near any piece of equipment available to man that allows you to communicate with the outside world and pass off your warped sense of reality to the rest of us.

If being a professional troll involves just lying, well done Rebecca, you have found your true calling.

Outstanding post! :clap::clap::clap:

How a sports journalist willingly signs up as an ambassador for a sport she has to report on is baffling, how is that not the biggest conflict of interest imaginable? Not only for reporting on AFL, but for reporting on other sports.

She also said Manly have no money, or something along those lines, despite being owned by millionaires, so she probably doesn't know the difference between manly & cronulla.

BS. She hates Cronulla. Never lets up the drunken old cow

What do these fumbleball ambassadors get payed?

LESStar58

Referee
Dermott Brereton you magnificent bastard! :lol:

He absolutely gave it to that cow. Called her out on her "journalistic" skills and is seeking legal advice.

Reading her stuff (even a few lines) is bad enough, but hearing that hog whine on the radio is even worse!

Love your work Dermy :D

once upon a time I followed AFL and now hate it and think most involved in it are flogs... but I have always liked Dermie. He had a bit to do with the Storm in the early days and was also featured in the Melbourne origin broadcasts. I like Gary Lyon too. Has a bit of clarity of thought about him.

heard the segment today. He destroyed her. I hope he has grounds to sue her for defamation. She deserves some sort of comeuppence.

that whole "afl is above rugby league" attitude she came out with was just baffling. She should be stripped of her accredited to report the game.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Negative publicity getting a bit much for the AFL so they will slip Goodes a million to take immeadiiate early retirement...

hutch

First Grade
This is deadset one of the best threads on all the web.

What a troll she is and she manages to get paid for it, sad thing is the stupid people out there that will listen and nod their heads in agreement.

Meanwhile back in the real world all I see is a fantastic sporting competition involving peoples and players from all walks of life from many nations on this Earth enjoying and participating in Rugby League week after week after week weather it be here in Australia or somewhere else on this big blue planet.

Probably one of the main reasons I follow Rugby League is that the game itself is an equalizer on the field so it matters not where you come from or what you look like. I am very proud of the History of Rugby League being first in many areas of world sport. The first code in Australia to have a captain of a club team being Aboriginal, the same man also being the first Aboriginal to captain his country in a world cup. In France, RL was the code that allowed the gypsies and middle eastern people to play the game. In England, RL again was the first code in that country to have a black captain of the Great Britain team, they also had the first captain of middle east origin for England. Ian Roberts 20 years before any other mainstream mens sport. Going against Nazism in France and other places whilst other sporting codes bowed down and shook hands with the devil.

RL has had to scrap and bow made to toe the line over the years even having to buy players from its enemies to survive at times, but the one thing the game has always been good at is making sure those that wanted to play could play no matter who or what they were or where they came from and what they done to have to make it that far.

Rugby League has had to rely on some of these minorities at times to survive in certain places around the world, Rebecca, I have no idea what you are good at besides being a professional troll, but one thing is for certain, you are nowhere near a sports journalist nor sports historian and you should not be allowed near any piece of equipment available to man that allows you to communicate with the outside world and pass off your warped sense of reality to the rest of us.

If being a professional troll involves just lying, well done Rebecca, you have found your true calling.

You should have a job in rugby league. What a great post!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Apparently there was a lot of unsavoury carrying on by Eagles fans towards him last weekend including an ejection for a racist comment from some bloke. Shows how dumb these merkins are given their fave player is a black guy!

Like others have said I have always been proud of being part of a game that has always welcomed diversity. Compared to the nationalist nazis at soccer games and the middle class right wing fascists following Union our fan base is generally saint like!

Cletus

First Grade
that whole "afl is above rugby league" attitude she came out with was just baffling. She should be stripped of her accredited to report the game.

It's appalling but it's clearly something personal for her. I think her growing up in Brisbane following a sport that no-one cared about really fueled her bitterness. The one thing AFL have always done better than League is manage perceptions. Reality may be completely different but they sure know how to polish a turd. As Paraeels said league has always been miles ahead in embracing diversity, even Bec had to admit that there was no rampant racism in League like there is in AFL on a weekly basis.

nomis88

Juniors
Can't stand Rebecca Wilson but for once I agree with her. She is 100% correct about Adam Goodes. The bigoted morons who are booing him need to be called out for what they are. Well done Rebecca.

nomis88

Juniors
So why don't they boo other aboriginal players in the Swans team?

Because the other Aboriginal players behave as Aboriginal players should, they stay in their little box and don't do or say anything controversial. But step outside this box and you are at the mercy of the bigots. I don't think any of the other Swans indigenous players have been named Australian of the year or correctly said Australia Day is really invasion day or had the hide to object to being called an ape.

Latest posts