What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebecca Wilson at it again

She was on sports night tonight alongside that dope Gavin "GWS" Robinson and they both went on about how the AFL are the 'standard' and in Sydney they are seen as the 'standard' by business and the community and that the booing of Goodes, to quote Wilson, "brings it (standard) right down there with the fafitas and the rugby league carry on". Once again dragging rugby league into an afl scandal, this time basically insinuating you would expect racism in rugby league, but not the infallible AFL!

She also went on and on about Fifita and setting example, boofheads, thugs etc, which is fine, but in next breath then says the NRL should allow punching! This ignorant loudmouth moron can't string two words together without contradicting herself.
Was their any mention of the on going essenbong drama?
I bet she didn't mention she's a fumbleball ambassador either?.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
"Ever since I was a four year old girl" WTF?

That is the first time I have heard her in years. She is clearly on the AFL payroll.

Last edited:

insert.pause

First Grade
"Look, what's been fantastic about the AFL in my entire life, since I was a four year old kid, they were always ahead of the game in terms of amalgamation of races into the code and there was never any doubt that the AFL led the way, but the AFL brought itself back to the pack and back to the levels we see in rugby league week in, week out, with what's gone on with Goodes"

Rebecca Wilson, SEN Radio, 28 July 2015

insert.pause

First Grade
They get this ignorant loudmouth moron on for the purpose of bagging rugby league, they don't ever question whether the crap shes shoveling is in anyway accurate, and as soon as it blows up in their face they get someone on to retort the crap she says. She even tried again to throw rugby league under the bus to take heat off herself at the end.

gUt

Coach
It's f**king maddening. In rugby league, there is no suggestion of the kind of casual racism AFL seems to endure every other week. And yet a piece of filth can just trot a line out like that, unchallenged, whenever she feels like it. And she's not alone.

The peons around here wonder why the media's treatment of our sport is such a hobby horse for some of us.

Incorrect

Coach
If I search through my memory bank and try to recall the most notable instances of a player V crowd battles waged on race grounds, the ones that spring to mind involve Nicky Winmar, Michael Long and now Adam Goodes apparently. Even when Anthony Mundine was trying his best to get offside with fans of all other teams, I don't remember spectators reacting in any unsavory way towards him...

I would love to see someone take Wilson to task one day. I'd love to see her on a show or panel where she is not a regular and so allowed to just spout her incredibly ridiculous, largely embarrassingly inaccurate ramblings unchecked.

insert.pause

First Grade
She's an idiot and any decent panel or debate would show her up as one, if it wasn't already blatantly obvious. I swear other journalists must sit there cringing when she talks, absolute embarrassment.

hutch

First Grade
She honestly thinks she is above rugby league supporters and we are second class citizens. She's an absolute rag!

insert.pause

First Grade
She honestly thinks she is above rugby league supporters and we are second class citizens. She's an absolute rag!

Fancy a serial DUI offender lecturing anyone on correct behaviour, lucky she hasn't killed anyone with her selfishness.

gUt

Coach
The only racist thing that springs to mind in recent times was Andrew Johns bagging Tahu off. Can anyone advance another incident in the last year or two? Compare that to the almost weekly racist incident occurring at all levels in the Victorian game.

EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts